Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1134052 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1185 on: July 14, 2018, 07:11:21 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1186 on: July 14, 2018, 09:01:42 AM »
Good to know. I've just asked the modteam to lift my ban so I can thank him for his moderation. I wonder if they report that as "moderator harassment" too.

But you have to be a complete idiot to (want to) be a moderator on that sub. At least one of them saw the light I guess.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:09:58 AM by Motto »

jwh1701

« Reply #1187 on: July 14, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Meanwhile, over there...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8y5ti7/moderation_changes/

They were to emotionally invested and he's over the top invested based on pm's.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1188 on: July 16, 2018, 04:28:46 AM »
That looks like so much fun, doesn't it?

If you don't want to wait for your ship, just pay cash money to remove the timer.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1189 on: July 16, 2018, 04:31:51 AM »
Top Star Citizen Streamer:

"There is no game"

"We all know the game is boring"

btw, this is the same guy who was advocating for me to be stabbed

http://dereksmart.com/bin/16-11-05_twerk17gaming_stabbed_comment.webm

Padrepapp

« Reply #1190 on: July 16, 2018, 04:44:26 AM »

btw, this is the same guy who was advocating for me to be stabbed

http://dereksmart.com/bin/16-11-05_twerk17gaming_stabbed_comment.webm

English is my second language, but is it not a little bit far-fetched, that he "advocated for you to be stabbed".
I would sooner label this as a dark joke, not that he is trying to promote the idea that you should be stabbed.
But of course that does not change that he should go fuck himself=)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1191 on: July 16, 2018, 04:51:55 AM »
Yeah, it's about perception and context. An English speaker would be able to understand what the comment means - in context.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1192 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1193 on: July 16, 2018, 09:06:53 AM »

10:07 - I also have this uncanny sense of knowing when I'm being bullshitted to and that's exactly what Cloud Imperium Games and Robert Spaces Industries are doing; they're bullshitting us.

14:13 - criticism does not give you the right to make death threats or threats of physical violence against other people but because these people are low IQ, low testosterone, neck bearded, overweight, socially inept motherfuckers they think that this is okay, this is the proper response to somebody saying no your game is poo poo, your decisions are poo poo, and you should be criticized for it

22:38 - What I'm going to say to star citizen backers who want a refund don't be dismayed by this you may have lost temporarily but a temporary loss does not mean that you've completely lost you haven't stick it out wait a couple of months and watch how this plays out because CIG has this uncanny ability to shove their foot down their throat they will do it again

22:30 - [to] the vociferous defenders such as Montoya who intentionally cherry-pick data and lie in order to prop up this failed venture they're gonna be eating crow and that is far more amusing to all of us

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1195 on: July 21, 2018, 07:57:42 AM »
Star Citizen backer and YT personality makes a video saying it's TOTALLY NOT A SCAM.

Then proceeds to explain ALL the reasons WHY any reasonable person would conclude that it's totally a scam. I don't think he thought that one through.

I'm totally getting banned, aren't I?

Since you mentioned me in the video, let's have some clarification here based on FACTS. I know that this scam has been so long in the making, that it's easy to lose track of what exactly happened. That's why we document EVERYTHING.

Your opening on Chris Roberts career, was also littered with conjecture, hyperbole, and fabrication. First, you glossed over WHY Microsoft had to buy Digital Anvil from EA, and why, like EA, they had to later kick Chris Roberts off his own project and company. TWO publishers did that within a short span of years. For the SAME reason (over-ambitious scope, over-budget, over-promising etc). But yeah, it's totally THEIR fault, right? Following his failure in Hollywood, Chris was BROKE and working for a Canadian firm (Blink Media) during which he started peddling the idea that would become Star Citizen to investors and publishers. All turned him down; including his attempts to use either Wing Commander or Freelancer IP. He was even an exotic car salesman for a time. These are all sitting right there in the public record. You're either ignorant of them, or you chose to ignore them. Heck, Kotaku has a 5-part series that more people have read, than would otherwise be watching this video.

Let's not forget that he also had lost his Ascendant studios after Kevin Costner sued them into oblivion for breaching a contract.

Since he got ejected from the gaming industry, literally EVERYTHING he touched, has failed. Star Citizen will be  no different - except that him and his family and close friends got rich from it.

@9:45 that blog where I called for an investigation was NOT the reason they refunded me back in 2015. They did it after I wrote a widely publicized blog Interstellar Citizens on July 6th, 2015. That blog had NO such calls for an investigation. It basically said that they had over-scoped the game, making it impossible to complete (they had $85M at the time), that they didn't have the tech to do it with - and even if they could do it, could NOT be done for less than $150M. They are now at $190M and not even 20% complete. My other blogs did NOT follow until they came after me as a result of the blog, refunded me, then LIED to PC Gamer (who confirmed it) about why they refunded me. That's why I kept on digging and writing. My calls for people to get refunds, to contact the FTC etc, came during those times. I even hired attorneys to seek those very things from CIG. Again, it's all there in the public domain.

@10:42 the Escapist article was published Oct 1, 2015. Chris Roberts wrote a highly defamatory (against the publication, the author, and myself) article on Oct 4, 2015 entitled "The Long Troll" which was a take on my "Star Citizen - The Long Con" blog from a month earlier. That was the letter in which they made an empty legal threat against us. It wasn't until around Feb 2017, that Defy Media (the owner of The Escapist) and CIG settled the matter, and BOTH sides (The Escapist & Chris Roberts) removed their publications as part of that settlement. I didn't remove anything. There is a blog on my website that documents this, and even includes an official statement from Defy Media.

@11:37 the backer did NOT lose his case because of the 14-day refund period. That's patently FALSE. He "lost" because of the arbitration clause in the TOS. The judge dismissed the case on those grounds and did NOT rule either way on the validity of the refund claim, nor the merits of the case. Few days ago, I did a YT video about specifically this case, and it's in my YT channel. Out of respect, I won't be posting any links to my own publications and broadcasts.

@13:08 How has the progress been substantial when 6 yrs and $190M later, they are still in pre-Alpha, not even 20% completed - and for a game promised to be coming in Nov 2014 (the month they capped their stretch goals to $65M)? Why else do you think backers are upset and trying to get refunds??!?! And unless you have access to their finances, how on Earth do you know if they are not cutting corners, stealing money from their backers etc? You don't know that! The FTC website is littered with companies that were massive operations, with offices, staff etc, they and State attorneys have even gone after crowd-funded projects shut them down, seized their assets, sued and fined them etc. So that is NOT a benchmark by which a scam is analyzed.

There are so many things you got wrong, that I'm not even going to bother highlighting them. The above were the most important ones. The CIG statements are ALL over the web confirmed all of the above. I even have them stored in various articles for posterity. So I have no idea why you decided to gloss over facts, while opting for inaccuracies, biased commentary etc in an otherwise excellent concise video. But you're a backer, so I get it. And the slant in your commentary is pretty obvious. At least, you're not pretending, you're eloquent in your delivery and scripted narrative - and you're not Montoya. So that's good - I guess.

As a backer, you have made a propaganda video that's going to come back and haunt you. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that your viewers are complete idiots. If, as you say, you want to hold CIG accountable, this video does the complete opposite.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:30:06 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1196 on: July 21, 2018, 10:28:50 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1198 on: July 27, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »
LOL!!

That was pretty good video.

helimoth

« Reply #1199 on: July 28, 2018, 12:21:12 AM »
I think he rage quit

3.2.1 -- The reference point for how bad SC has to be for me to stop playing

I mean he pretty much summed up in his first paragraph what the issue is. He said himself he's been "playing" with the same retarded issues for 4 years yet CIG have to date not resolved the issues yet here this guy is still playing and even moaning on the forums about it. Probably still spends money on it. Here's an idea; if a company ignores issues for years and you still patronize them then you aren't giving them any incentive to change.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk