Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077551 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1575 on: December 09, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
Disclaimer: Neither myself, nor those whacky Goons have anything to do with this.

Star Citizen backers who, 6 yrs later, don't have a game to play, are petitioning US govt to make SCREEN SHOTS (from Star Citizen ofc) derivative works.

Not even joking.

https://www.change.org/p/united-states-copyright-office-classify-screenshot-art-as-derivative-work-under-us-copyright-law

LOL More proof, if ever you need it, that Star Citizen isn't really a game but more of a $200m sci-fi screenshot generator.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1576 on: December 09, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
LOL More proof, if ever you need it, that Star Citizen isn't really a game but more of a $200m sci-fi screenshot generator.

Not even that. What's amazing is that almost 100 people have already signed that petition. :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 05:50:10 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1578 on: December 10, 2018, 06:54:31 AM »
This numpty thinks he and other Backers are "investors".

Well yeah, they're investing in the hilarity.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1579 on: December 10, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »
Well yeah, they're investing in the hilarity.

In that case they have got their money's worth. So selfless of them to pay so much to bring everyone chuckles.

jwh1701

« Reply #1580 on: December 10, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
CIG vs Crytek - Court grants CIG motion to dismiss
The latest ruling: Motion to dismiss in favor of CIG, but Crytek has one more shot to find another angle, if one even exists.

LOL uses reddit as a resource.

N0mad

« Reply #1581 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
The latest ruling: Motion to dismiss in favor of CIG, but Crytek has one more shot to find another angle, if one even exists.

At this point the only reason I want Crytek to win the lawsuit is to wipe the smirk off Montoya's face. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1582 on: December 10, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »

That guy. Is a moron.

jwh1701

« Reply #1583 on: December 10, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »
This case is lost no coming back for Crytek and I'm a lawyer.

N0mad

« Reply #1584 on: December 10, 2018, 03:17:56 PM »
On reflection, there's been a lot of sloppy work from Crytek's lawyers. Which makes me wonder: perhaps they know something we don't (perhaps from inside info from their former employees), which couldn't be divulged without questions being asked about the source of the information. So perhaps a lot of these legal shenanigans are all about getting to Discovery so they can then start taking CIG to task once they have the evidence they needed.

It's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but remember CIG have done everything they can to postpone the Discovery phase. CIG even offered to settle early on. Makes you wonder what they have to hide - although I think we've already got a good idea.

jwh1701

« Reply #1585 on: December 10, 2018, 04:31:44 PM »
On reflection, there's been a lot of sloppy work from Crytek's lawyers. Which makes me wonder: perhaps they know something we don't (perhaps from inside info from their former employees), which couldn't be divulged without questions being asked about the source of the information. So perhaps a lot of these legal shenanigans are all about getting to Discovery so they can then start taking CIG to task once they have the evidence they needed.

It's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but remember CIG have done everything they can to postpone the Discovery phase. CIG even offered to settle early on. Makes you wonder what they have to hide - although I think we've already got a good idea.

I like conspiracy theories and based on what Derek said discovery seems to be very important aspect in the case. Sometimes in jobs they can look like a great road to upward mobility, but then they are not so green and your on the SC elevator of doom. I wonder if the poached employees have found out that this is the case and could be helping out.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1586 on: December 10, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »
I couldn't help it. I left a comment in his video. If you don't see my comment (the current one above BoredGamer) that means Leo has me in mod queue :)

jfc, this is literally INSANE.

Leo, man, I don't even know what to tell you. But I will try.

On Aug 14th, CIG lost the bulk of their MtD. In fact, the judge only granted 2/7 items in it.

https://i.imgur.com/LBjig3J.png

That filing, as per the judge's notes/guidance, is what spawned Crytek's Second Amended Complaint which is what this second MtD is about. The judge granted all 5 items related to that section 2.4; which Crytek can amend (Third Amended Complaint) if they so choose.

The lawsuit hasn't ended! And certainly not with this MtD of 2.4 which only pertains to a single issue which basically amounts to damages awarded if found to be true at trial. The breach of contract and copyright infringement claims which did NOT survive the MtD, carry substantially more liability than a promotional/exclusivity issues (2.1.2 & 2.4) which are also part and parcel of a breach of contract claim. And let's even go into the fact that monetary and statutory damages, as well as the most destructive remember, injunctive relief, also did NOT survive the MtD.

Also, the lawsuit is currently in discovery planning as per the judge's orders of Aug 14th.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

Whether or not Crytek decides to file a 3rd amended doesn't matter because unless they settle before the trial next Summer, the case continues.

I am just shocked that you created this video (then posted the link on Reddit) knowing fully well that your review is inaccurate . But I guess you know your new viewer base, so we're not at all surprised.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:03:38 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #1587 on: December 10, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »
I couldn't help it. I left a comment in his video.

I sorted from newest first but cannot find you but lol they cannot stop talking about you.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:04:49 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1588 on: December 10, 2018, 05:04:11 PM »
He has me on mod queue :emot-lol:

He's a liar, not just a bad attorney. He's playing to the whacky install base for Patreon money. I mean he even created a thread in the Delusion Den

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a4z29l/crytek_loses_star_citizen_wins/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:06:12 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #1589 on: December 10, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
He has me on mod queue :emot-lol:

He's a liar, not just a bad attorney. He's playing to the whacky install base for Patreon money. I mean he even created a thread in the Delusion Den

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a4z29l/crytek_loses_star_citizen_wins/

If he is real attorney and so confident about the outcome he would get a lot of support if he let your post go through. Then he could show off his years of experience and years in law school by debating you on it. Putting you in the queue is really poor taste for someone that should be confident in his area of expertise.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:59:26 PM by jwh1701 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk