Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138822 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1665 on: December 26, 2018, 10:17:14 AM »
Rob other people: fun gameplay. Rape other people: not fun gameplay. I fail to see why one should be allowed and the other not.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1666 on: December 26, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

I told you Bent Lesbiandick and Scrotumsin Liarmouth were up to something.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1667 on: December 27, 2018, 04:57:24 AM »
Saved for posterity. This is how a fervent backer goes from one goalpost to the next; as the wind flows.

6 years ago (Kickstarter):

2 years ago:

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44le85/_/czryhj0/

6 months ago:

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pznyp/_/e0npw7i/

Dec 2018 (rumor of SQ42 on consoles):

https://old.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/a9lmpn/on_twitter_breaking_sources_are_telling_me_now/ecme6rx/?context=3
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1668 on: December 27, 2018, 05:03:59 AM »
Saved for posterity. This is how a fervent backer goes from one goalpost to the next; as the wind flows.

But we've always been at war with Eastasia!

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1669 on: December 27, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »
Dec 2018 (rumor of SQ42 on consoles):

https://old.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/a9lmpn/on_twitter_breaking_sources_are_telling_me_now/ecme6rx/?context=3
Oh these mental gymnastics: "Should consoles actually get better and capable of running SC"  :rolleyes:

Console certification dictates what you can do in a console game game design wise, the mandatory platform game controller dictates your control scheme. The platform owners only let games on their platforms, which their audience can understand and jump right into without buying peripherals or learning an user interface.

It's always A, B, X, Y or Circle, Fork, Square, Triangle. Nothing else, no F1-F12, no mouse, no Ctrl, Alt, Shift, only Thumbsticks and not HOTAS.

Anything including the flight model has to be designed around that. It's not about "FRAMES PER SECOND" or "4K" or other shit /r/pcmr likes to circlejerk about. When Star Citizen Squadron 42 comes to consoles, it's going to adhere to all certification requirements AND the PC version is going to be no different, because anything else would be a maintenance nightmare. Anything else will be tinkered in after the fact.

The initial pitch of releasing a PC game going beyond those limitations is completely out of the window by 2020.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1670 on: December 27, 2018, 05:55:29 AM »
Oh these mental gymnastics: "Should consoles actually get better and capable of running SC"  :rolleyes:

Console certification dictates what you can do in a console game game design wise, the mandatory platform game controller dictates your control scheme. The platform owners only let games on their platforms, which their audience can understand and jump right into without buying peripherals or learning an user interface.

It's always A, B, X, Y or Circle, Fork, Square, Triangle. Nothing else, no F1-F12, no mouse, no Ctrl, Alt, Shift, only Thumbsticks and not HOTAS.

Anything including the flight model has to be designed around that. It's not about "FRAMES PER SECOND" or "4K" or other shit /r/pcmr likes to circlejerk about. When Star Citizen Squadron 42 comes to consoles, it's going to adhere to all certification requirements AND the PC version is going to be no different, because anything else would be a maintenance nightmare. Anything else will be tinkered in after the fact.

The initial pitch of releasing a PC game going beyond those limitations is completely out of the window by 2020.

Such things never bother them.
I had just a discussion with a guy, because i pointed out that it's crazy to develop a SP and MMO game side by side with the same engine, gameplay logics and assets, as both 'genres' can imo use different resources and need different levels of quality and some balance settings. Be it polycount on art assets, or even quality of AI or even simple to adjust things as HP of ship parts. Not to speak off 'stealth' mechanics based on NPC view ranges and such.
And it always came back to him saying "yeah but it's cheaper and less work doing both together".

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1671 on: December 27, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »

Since early access is a thing on consoles now, I'm betting that if it's true that SQ42 is headed for consoles, they're going to release it as early access in the same shoddy, shitty manner that Star Citizen is going to forever be on the PC without there ever being a final "release".
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1672 on: December 27, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
Such things never bother them.
I had just a discussion with a guy, because i pointed out that it's crazy to develop a SP and MMO game side by side with the same engine, gameplay logics and assets, as both 'genres' can imo use different resources and need different levels of quality and some balance settings. Be it polycount on art assets, or even quality of AI or even simple to adjust things as HP of ship parts. Not to speak off 'stealth' mechanics based on NPC view ranges and such.
And it always came back to him saying "yeah but it's cheaper and less work doing both together".

Clearly he knows more about game development than you do. :emot-lol:

If is an actual fact that you never - ever - develop a single player game, then try to tack on multiplayer in it. Or vice versa. There are so many things that are different, it's not even funny.

e.g. Universal Combat CE had session based multiplayer. And it was a pain to do for such a massive game. So in 2.0 and higher, I disabled it. Then I had to spend almost two months stripping it out, leaving it pure single player etc. And that wasn't even an MMO.

That they are using the same engine for both games, is precisely why they're having problems and why they can't even get a single player game done. The minute they branch is and can't keep the builds in synergy, the whole thing - in both games - is fucked. Imagine them fixing, for example, an issue in the flight model in Star Citizen which is multiplayer focused, then not adding that same fix to SQ42 which is single player.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1673 on: December 27, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
Our favorite Star Citizen FUDster (he's a prick) got his Patreon and PayPal accounts frozen :emot-lol:

Motto

« Reply #1674 on: December 27, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »
Youtube should cancel his account  :police:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1675 on: December 28, 2018, 04:58:30 AM »
Youtube should cancel his account  :police:

Nah, I am not a fan of censorship without cause. Lying isn't against the ToS. :emot-lol:

He canceled his Patreon account in protest. Then decided to ask for money to fight them via the FTC. Because that makes total sense. He's just an opportunist. Same way he saddled with the Star Citizen cretins to get free money while pandering to them with lies and dishonesty.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1676 on: December 28, 2018, 06:46:16 AM »
:emot-lol:

partial transcript

Angry Grinch Citizen 2018 with a BANG!!
Dec 27 2018

Citizen Tech Talk
Hello YouTube! Welcome to another episode of Citizen Tech Talk!

Today guys we're going to be doing a follow up on the last couple of videos in relation to, ah... the SCAM and uh... the CULTISM and all that jazz...

I just watched AROUND THE VERSE for the Chistmas special. Guys, ah... you're getting LIED TO STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE in these Around the Verses. Especially SUBSCRIBERS, you guys are getting bent over and SERVED. Ahm, this show is not all possible, brought to you by Star Citizen and CIG and the audience... it's the SHIPS SALES guys, it's the backers paying for all of this useless GARBAGE including 3D printed models which you'll see which are hundreds of thousands of DOLLARS worth of ah... MODEL. That they've MADE. For THEMSELVES. As TOYS. At their OFFICES.

You know, because WE get to use that? That's gonna be really useful for US? Including those stupid hydraulic sliding DOORS in the offices?

Anyway I'm gonna be playing this video today guys and I'm just gonna be making comments as we go. And yeah, you guys will get to see I guess really where Star Citizen is and where it's NOT going. Ah... and I just... I just HOPE you guys... uh... are THINKING about this and actually going, 'OK, I just watched Around the Verse, it was absolutely poo poo, all these people said these things were EPIC and LEGENDARY...'

CITIZENCON THIS YEAR WAS A loving JOKE.

And if you don't agree with me, there is something very very wrong with your perception of REALITY.

Ahm... I'm saying it how it is today because after watching THAT now, I'm speechless. I'm quite angry actually. Because at the end of the day it's OK to take your money, it's OK to give you empty promises... it's NOT OK by any stretch of the imagination to DISREPECT and slap the audience in the FACE with your 'LEGENDARY CITIZENCON' and your POWER WORDS and your 'THIS IS AWESOME', 'THAT'S AWESOME'...

No, it's loving NOT.

No one is getting anything they WANT. Except for YOU GUYS at CIG and your stupid plastic TOYS you're making.

Anyway guys I'm just gonna start playing the video, I'm just gonna voiceover as we go, ahm...

@02:55

Eric Kieron Davis
Happy holidays!!!

Chris Roberts
Wow, we are happy about these holidays aren't we!

Eric Kieron Davis
And welcome to another episode of Around the Verse! We hope you've all been enjoying 3.4 and celebrating the SEASON in-game with FESTIVE DELIVERY MISSIONS and FUN HOLIDAY FLAIR.

Chris Roberts
Ah... YES! Eehhh... eh... and so the ATLUH... uh... the SHIP CHECK OUTFIT what we're calling the OUTLIER OUTFIT 'cos... anyway (waves hands) there's a long story behind that... don't need to go into it right now... aahhh... is certainly VERY COOL, uh... and FUN it's been... loads of screenshots people have SHARED... in fact... JAKE did this 3D printed version and PAINTED it which is very cool and ehm... did promise to put some lights on it which was the task that Eric gave him... he'll be coming back... tomorrow...

Next year...

Don't worry about that...

Only kidding! JK! Eh... no... he did a GREAT JOB, it's very NICE...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING

Chris Roberts
...very fun... and uh, we've enjoyed seeing all the screenshots...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
Christmas KRAMPAS? You know, the HORROR MOVIE? Yeah, obviously shows how much loving TIME they've got spare, doesn't it?

Chris Roberts
...all the entries.

Eric Kieron Davis
Wow. Wow. This is eggnog (raises Star Citizen mug)

Alright. Yeah that'll be FUN. We'll also announce the winners in early JANUARY. And it seems like everyone is getting into the SPIRIT of the holiday season... contest not withstanding of course... when a couple of weeks ago a total of 22 players came together with what they called, 'YULETIDE ON YELA'

That should be a song, that should be a song

No, no... no... a-hahaha!

Chris Roberts
HAHA! Yeah they all landed in formation...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
So guys, they landed in formation in the shape of a christmas tree, because you know, there is literally NOTHING ELSE to do in Star Citizen. Ahm... what can I say guys? This is the thing, they were so BORED they were trying to make up their own content, their own gameplay when there is NONE elsewhere.

You know, 2018, six years.

Tyler Witkin
The best part about 2018 is HANDS DOWN the emergent gameplay coming from the community...

Chad McKinney
This was an AWESOME year because just the opportunity to work with the team to work on the delivery of this vision...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
WHAT DELIVERY OF WHAT VISION, are we playing a different game to what they're doing?

Chad McKinney
...quarterly releases, constant flow of content getting into the player's hands...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
Quarterly releases? What constant flow of content? What? This is...

Mark Abent:
Last year we had to basically revisit and remake Star Citizen and this year was more like, 'OK we have this cool tech, what can we do with it and how do we...'

**Citizen Tech Talk**
Pulled it apart last year AGAIN, second time, and now got COOL TECH and got a TOOLBOX OF TOYS and we're not gonna do anything about it. And Loreville? If you've been on that stupid TRAM more than a couple of times? It gets boring QUICK. The problem is... is you can't GO here, you can't FLY there...

John Crewe:
...improved the framerate massively...

**Citizen Tech Talk**
IMPROVED THE FRAME RATE?! Oh my GOD. 60 frames is not an improvement it's a minimum freaking STANDARD. And that's on high end rigs guys, not on medium/low end rigs

John Crewe:
Very impressive technology.

**Citizen Tech Talk**
Very impressive technology, a-hahaha!

HA-HAHAHA!

There's JPEGS coming up too guys, get ready for the JPEGS

Yeah, and ah... great DEMO, great TRAILER... why don't we get to play any of this poo poo yet? Squadron 42 is the single player game, the MMO RPG should be the one that takes LONGER than the single player. Am I wrong?

And no one gives a poo poo about what you look like in your space helmet.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1677 on: December 31, 2018, 07:24:13 AM »
So this popped up on Discord back when it was recorded, but to this day (as of moments ago), we are still astonished at the comments. Seriously, the comments in that thread are a Gold mine of pointers into the psyche of these guys.

FF to @ 11:45

"Star Citizen, through a collective act of all of us all, will hopefully be all Chris has dreamed of since he was young. His wife keeps him grounded and focused. She was the best thing to ever happen to him. And even better than that, he knows it."

"Love the chemistry that you two have developed. She really keeps Chris in check and that's awesome"

Yeah, they totally developed chemistry from building a train wreck. It's not like they're married, and she's an actress, him a movie producer and totally not playing their scripted parts.

Then he did an edit. LOL!

"EDIT: I didn't know they were married. Okay? Lots of married people don't have any back and forth chemistry, especially not in front of a camera though. So to each their own, just saying what I thought was an interesting comment and how called him out a few times which was nice."

:emot-lol: these guys deserve to be scammed

"Star Citizen, through a collective act of all of us all, will hopefully be all Chris has dreamed of since he was young. His wife keeps him grounded and focused. She was the best thing to ever happen to him. And even better than that, he knows it."

"They did this for 3.3 release as well. She comes at him like a snarky backer with serious, stabby comments and questions. Kind of her playing bad cop to his good cop portrayal and slippery wording of things to come."

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1678 on: December 31, 2018, 11:52:15 AM »

N0mad

« Reply #1679 on: December 31, 2018, 01:59:51 PM »
F*%ing AWESOME

Happy New Year Everybody !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk