Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1129638 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1755 on: January 29, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »
Well that didn't take long at all

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1756 on: January 29, 2019, 04:34:16 PM »
Well that didn't take long at all

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...

I like to take videos of these for prosperity to see the comments and if it gets deleted.

jwh1701

« Reply #1757 on: January 29, 2019, 04:37:29 PM »
These kind of posts baffle my mind, Chris made persistence out to be something monumental and they act like its something grand. Persistence has been around since 1989 in games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/al2t4g/persistence_lite_is_already_in_the_game/

Scruffpuff

« Reply #1758 on: January 29, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »
These kind of posts baffle my mind, Chris made persistence out to be something monumental and they act like its something grand. Persistence has been around since 1989 in games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/al2t4g/persistence_lite_is_already_in_the_game/

What really gets to me is that they named it.  THEY NAMED IT.  Something every game has had by default for so many years I don't even remember the first time I saw it.  I was saving games on an Apple II.  Every MMO ever has saved your state in some way or another, otherwise there's no reason to play.  But only CIG would have the monumental balls to pretend nobody has ever done it before, give it a fucking name, claim to be inventing it, then "working on it" with incremental patches "persistence 1.0, persistence lite".

Any other company in the world - any company - would be crucified for lies this insultingly transparent.  CIG gets a back pat and more cash dumped on their fire.

I can't wait for Chris to invent gaming controls.  "Player Input 1.0 - Player Input 2.0"

Of course the punch line is that even though online gaming persistence is a long, long-solved problem, CIG still can't do it.  Hence them incrementing the version numbers each time they fail.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:28:31 PM by Scruffpuff »

jwh1701

« Reply #1759 on: January 29, 2019, 08:43:38 PM »
Any other company in the world - any company - would be crucified for lies this insultingly transparent.  CIG gets a back pat and more cash dumped on their fire.

So very true, but each persistent thread gives me an opportunity to get my karma hammered. I enjoy professing my great excitement and my sole reason for backing SC was to finally play a game with persistence that has never been done before. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1760 on: January 30, 2019, 10:38:04 AM »
I enjoy professing my great excitement and my sole reason for backing SC was to finally play a game with persistence that has never been done before.

Well, have you had none-persistence in a game that has the fidelity of Star Citizen?  :emot-colbert:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1761 on: January 30, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
Well, have you had none-persistence in a game that has the fidelity of Star Citizen?  :emot-colbert:

LOL you got me on that point.

jwh1701

« Reply #1762 on: January 31, 2019, 10:09:21 AM »
As a fan of the fallout series I have been keeping up with f76, this video is very interesting in how it pertains to the steps taken by Chris an CO. The arbitration aspect is a win win for not producing, false claims, etc.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:12:02 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1763 on: February 01, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
As a fan of the fallout series I have been keeping up with f76, this video is very interesting in how it pertains to the steps taken by Chris an CO. The arbitration aspect is a win win for not producing, false claims, etc.

Right, but arbitration is a non-starter because it's rigged for corps to always win. That's why some people are trying to get rid of it in the US justice system.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1764 on: February 01, 2019, 11:21:57 AM »
:emot-lol:

This comes as a shocker (at least to those paying for subs)

PSA: Calling All Devs is cancelled indefinitely

jwh1701

« Reply #1765 on: February 01, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
Right, but arbitration is a non-starter because it's rigged for corps to always win. That's why some people are trying to get rid of it in the US justice system.

I had not heard of it before SC so it was all new to me, since its like get of jail free card then it doses seem like it needs attention.

jwh1701

« Reply #1766 on: February 01, 2019, 02:58:21 PM »
:emot-lol:

This comes as a shocker (at least to those paying for subs)

PSA: Calling All Devs is cancelled indefinitely

That is very interesting and I wonder why and is this the start of more culling to come?

jwh1701

« Reply #1767 on: February 03, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
Least they are creative and keep themselves entertained while waiting for actual gameplay.  :emot-ughh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/amkuar/honestly_im_just_cleaning_off_the_underside_of_my/

StanTheMan

« Reply #1768 on: February 03, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
Least they are creative and keep themselves entertained while waiting for actual gameplay.  :emot-ughh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/amkuar/honestly_im_just_cleaning_off_the_underside_of_my/

That's an in tech demo animation of what Chris Roberts is doing to Backers.   

jwh1701

« Reply #1769 on: February 03, 2019, 07:40:59 PM »
That's an in tech demo animation of what Chris Roberts is doing to Backers.

LOL  :perfect:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk