Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075936 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1815 on: March 04, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
I have watched a lot of LOD videos and never saw quick sand or proc-gen crevasse,  wonder if these kind of technical
marvels could be implemented.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/axasaz/all_my_exploring_reveals_no_shipwrecks_or_drug/

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:16:05 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1816 on: March 05, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
I have watched a lot of LOD videos and never saw quick sand or proc-gen crevasse,  wonder if these kind of technical
marvels could be implemented.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/axasaz/all_my_exploring_reveals_no_shipwrecks_or_drug/

So much fidelity. Let's ignore the fact that he's walking below the terrain height.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

David-2

« Reply #1817 on: March 05, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »
So much fidelity. Let's ignore the fact that he's walking below the terrain height.

Thank you for clearing that up!  I thought he was just short.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1818 on: March 05, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up!  I thought he was just short.

No he is knee deep in Chris Robert's shit.

jwh1701

« Reply #1819 on: March 06, 2019, 07:45:43 AM »
What Are The Best Aspects Of Star Citizen?

They are even posting about how bad ED is with bugs and game play.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/what-are-the-best-aspects-of-star-citizen

jwh1701

« Reply #1820 on: March 07, 2019, 07:45:09 AM »

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1821 on: March 07, 2019, 07:51:46 AM »
Engine physics still looking good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ay9nrw/is_this_where_baby_spaceships_come_from/

Spaceship rape isn't a laughing matter. That poor Aurora will need councilling.

jwh1701

« Reply #1822 on: March 07, 2019, 09:30:44 AM »
Spaceship rape isn't a laughing matter. That poor Aurora will need councilling.

LOL, I do not understand why the ships do this still, combination network and physics? There's videos where they actually start going through the planet all intertwined.

jwh1701

« Reply #1823 on: March 07, 2019, 10:26:22 AM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:46:19 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1825 on: March 07, 2019, 12:52:49 PM »
:emot-lol:

-31 karma in 2 hours equals win in my book.

jwh1701

« Reply #1826 on: March 08, 2019, 12:45:48 PM »
This is what is puzzling to me as they continue development on what to me seems everything other than the KS / exntended KS goals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ayrgkf/i_hope_we_see_some_of_these_crotch_spiders/

Caves:

Mission giver 3 years later

Comes clean on faked demos that cost backers money but did not move the game towards completion.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/lier-3

krylite

« Reply #1827 on: March 08, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »

They are even posting about how bad ED is with bugs and game play.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/what-are-the-best-aspects-of-star-citizen

Yeah, it's a pretty lame stretch of a comparison by shillizens who are also ED bashers or otherwise ignorant of how much work goes into ED to keep it improving yet stable and a lack of at least a layman sense of realistic game development. This desperate occasional callback to SC even on the ED forums is probably shillizens trying to fool anyone who plays ED that somehow there is some greener grass with SC and somehow SC progress is on par or superior. Most of the bugs on those ED bug pages are minor issues, many are often caused by bad isp or internet connection on the player's end. While SC literally had thousands of bugs swept under the rug or goalposts changed which is trivially easier to do so because SC is always a mutable alpha patch of a tech demo or whatever and doesn't need to sustain already working and released gameplay. If ED's bugs were so bad, how could up to hundreds of thousands players have gotten more than their money's worth by playing up to hundreds or thousands of hours of stable gameplay. Soon enough ED will significantly  fulfill more aspects of the beginnings of the promise back in 2012 of both franchises of the hypothetical "everything" space game and it will probably still stand alone and on top when it gets there.  ED rarely gets enough credit publicly and by its own playerbase for how much it has already accomplished.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:10:06 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #1828 on: March 08, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
Yeah, it's a pretty lame stretch of a comparison by shillizens who are also ED bashers or otherwise ignorant of how much work goes into ED to keep it improving yet stable and a lack of at least a layman sense of realistic game development. This desperate occasional callback to SC even on the ED forums is probably shillizens trying to fool anyone who plays ED that somehow there is some greener grass with SC and somehow SC progress is on par or superior. Most of the bugs on those ED bug pages are minor issues, many are often caused by bad isp or internet connection on the player's end. While SC literally had thousands of bugs swept under the rug or goalposts changed which is trivially easier to do so because SC is always a mutable alpha patch of a tech demo or whatever and doesn't need to sustain already working and released gameplay. If ED's bugs were so bad, how could up to hundreds of thousands players have gotten more than their money's worth by playing up to hundreds or thousands of hours of stable gameplay. Soon enough ED will significantly  fulfill more aspects of the beginnings of the promise back in 2012 of both franchises of the hypothetical "everything" space game and it will probably still stand alone and on top when it gets there.  ED rarely gets enough credit publicly and by its own playerbase for how much it has already accomplished.

ED maybe once in a blue moon will CTD but is one of the most stable games I have played. From a bug perspective I have never seen the issues with ships physics, planet issues that SC has. I'm not sure how they even get to comparing bugs and I really wonder if its actually ED players making the statements.

wiser3754

« Reply #1829 on: March 08, 2019, 06:04:24 PM »
ED maybe once in a blue moon will CTD but is one of the most stable games I have played. From a bug perspective I have never seen the issues with ships physics, planet issues that SC has. I'm not sure how they even get to comparing bugs and I really wonder if its actually ED players making the statements.

Multicrew is still a broken mess. Disconeections, players being in the wrong chair, the role panel glitching so players can't choose to be in the fighter or gunner etc. Ax combat zones also have a bug where only scouts appear instead of both scouts and interceptors. Oh and god awful green graphic glitch. It's an epileptic's worst nightmare.
And of course the dreaded rubber banding issue. Try shooting with your railguns when your target teleports suddenly.

These issues are just a few I encounter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk