Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1136119 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1875 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:52 AM »
Don't feed the troll

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1876 on: March 21, 2019, 06:13:27 AM »
Don't answer simple questions.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1877 on: March 21, 2019, 12:42:57 PM »
Don't answer simple questions.

I'd call it remaining budget until the ordered product gets delivered. But whatever i guess.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1878 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:01 PM »
That's a fair description too. Wouldn't have scanned as well in my post though 😁

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1879 on: March 22, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
I'd call it remaining budget until the ordered product gets delivered. But whatever i guess.

It's hilarious to me that having taken money for items still to be delivered, that he thinks left-over money from pre-sales is profit. That's why I didn't even bother wasting my time going further.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1880 on: March 22, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
Frankly, we're both right. It's still profit over a year of company operations. I'd imagine they have a profit/loss sheet and not a operating budget remaining/loss sheet but that's arguing semantics again.

Fact is they've had excess operating budget or excess money or leftover funding or whatever you want to call it, every year of operation.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1881 on: March 22, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »
It's hilarious to me that having taken money for items still to be delivered, that he thinks left-over money from pre-sales is profit. That's why I didn't even bother wasting my time going further.

Call it indulgence in semantics or philosophical thoughts about reporting/accounting standards.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1882 on: March 22, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »
Call it indulgence in semantics or philosophical thoughts about reporting/accounting standards.

EEEEEEEee-manuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable, Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar, who could drink you under the table! David Hulme could out consume, Schopenhauer and Schlegel and Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

Now Socrates himself was permanently pissed...a lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed, YEAH!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:33:56 PM by Slapmeandcallmegurl »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1883 on: March 23, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »

Yes.

Interestingly, although nothing to do with actual accounting, SC has been in development so long that a huge percent of Backers have already effectively written off their spending.

They have downgraded their expectations, made so many excuses to themselves and are so lacking in critical thinking that you can almost treat them like new potential customers.

It is the experience of development process that Backers are actually willing to pay for and getting satisfaction from.

"And as we consume less, we are doing more. “If you think about the 20th century, the big dominant value system was materialism, the belief that if we had more stuff we’d be happier,” says James Wallman, a trend forecaster and the author of Stuffocation: Living More with Less, in which he charts the move from possessions to experience. “The big change to what I call experientialism is more about finding happiness and status in experiences instead.”

The happiness bit perhaps stands to reason, but studies suggest the anticipation of an experience has a crucial, additional value. In a 2014 paper called Waiting for Merlot, psychologists Amit Kumar, Thomas Gilovich and Matthew Killingsworth showed how people report being mostly frustrated before the planned purchase of a thing, but mostly happy before they bought an experience. That feeling lingers longer, too, tied up as it is with memory. “We call it hedonic adaptation,” says Colin Strong, the head of behavioural science at Ipsos, the market research group. “And the hedonic payoff of experiences is much greater.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/13/just-do-it-the-experience-economy-and-how-we-turned-our-backs-on-stuff
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:03:27 PM by StanTheMan »

jham

« Reply #1884 on: March 24, 2019, 01:18:38 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, but FTR has posted a 2 hour video of 3.5. He gets to ArcCorp at 1:10 into the vid.

EDIT: I watched his approach to ArcCorp. After lots of stuttering he got disconnected. He never does land there. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:27:29 AM by jham »

wiser3754

« Reply #1885 on: March 24, 2019, 02:43:04 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, but FTR has posted a 2 hour video of 3.5. He gets to ArcCorp at 1:10 into the vid.

EDIT: I watched his approach to ArcCorp. After lots of stuttering he got disconnected. He never does land there. :)

The new flight model he tested in Arena Commander, he hates. He believes it's the worst implementation to date.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1886 on: March 24, 2019, 02:45:12 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1887 on: March 24, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1888 on: March 24, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »

wiser3754

« Reply #1889 on: March 25, 2019, 02:15:47 AM »
LOL!!

"This is infinitely better than Elite Dangerous. Just because you can walk around this small space station."

Akwardly, the word "infinitely" seems to fit Star Citizen. Can't imagine why.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk