Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1137260 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #1995 on: May 13, 2019, 02:25:17 AM »
So people now think that ray-tracing with come to SC, now that Crytek announced their new roadmap.

Of course Lumberyard gonna get ray-tracing and its gonna be put into SC. The game already has the framerate of an old PS2 game, so ray-tracing really gonna help with performance..

https://www.techpowerup.com/255385/crytek-updates-cryengine-roadmap-version-5-7-to-support-directx-12-vulkan-and-ray-tracing

Why is the crytek roadmap of any interest anymore, have lumberyard and cryengine not diverged significantly now?

StanTheMan

« Reply #1996 on: May 13, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »
So people now think that ray-tracing with come to SC, now that Crytek announced their new roadmap.

Of course Lumberyard gonna get ray-tracing and its gonna be put into SC. The game already has the framerate of an old PS2 game, so ray-tracing really gonna help with performance..

https://www.techpowerup.com/255385/crytek-updates-cryengine-roadmap-version-5-7-to-support-directx-12-vulkan-and-ray-tracing

But if it doesnt SC and Sq42 will still be bleeding edge and saved PC gaming.     

Chris Roberts is a visionary.

And urm.. clearly Derek has a competitor

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:32:07 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1997 on: May 18, 2019, 05:50:45 AM »

They can't even get it to run properly. So I would certainly love to see them attempt to implement ray tracing. Who am I kidding? They're not dumb enough to try.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1998 on: May 18, 2019, 05:51:31 AM »
Why is the crytek roadmap of any interest anymore, have lumberyard and cryengine not diverged significantly now?

Yes, they have diverged significantly. So raytracing coming to CryEngine has no relevance to Lumberyard.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1999 on: May 18, 2019, 05:52:11 AM »
That escalated quickly :emot-lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/bpbvmu/helpcant_find_the_drivers/

Top lols:

"Congratulations on obtaining a prototype that never made it to production! The X-15/Atom Pathfinder was going to be a Star Citizen oriented device back when that was going to be a game that came out"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Lir

« Reply #2001 on: May 18, 2019, 02:34:13 PM »
Hello Derek.   
Dang it's been too long since the last time I came here.
Missing you on the refund sub, as we're been having a bunch of funny deluded backers lately due to the Forbes article, and your word would be appreciated.
We're also lacking of some true game developer knowledge.
I think it's time you come back, and as DS. 
I'm mostly posting there cause on an other hand it also has become less toxic, I mean can you believe people coming by have now acknowledged of CR idiocy and incompetency, and this for quite some times.
And a lot more know listen when we talk about the scam.
They dare not hear about our friend Ortwin and his dirty sheets though yet. 
  Well I must admit some of them refunders still got an irrational grudge against you, but maybe it's time to show them otherwise. But that's only some of them. As much as we're trying to keep you out these idiots rantings there are some really funny days we all are your alts lol. 
Nevertheless, things have evolved a lot since that time in 2015, when we used to discuss on your former blog comments, and if was not for you back then, a lot of us would still be stuck in. I do think you have a ground in the discussions there.  I dont hide so my tag is lirly there , hope to see you back there soon.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2002 on: May 21, 2019, 05:58:53 AM »
Hey man, yeah, I'm not going on Reddit. It's too much of a brain drain and I don't get along with the main mod (that ass-clown, Beet) since we were on SA. Particularly that refunds sub evolved to be no better than those twits over on the official Star Citizen sub because they also became tribal and toxic to people (e.g. OSC) offering dissenting opinions.

Since 2015 I did my best to sound the alarm about this scam. So my feeling is that anyone who still has money in the project, deserves to lose all of it. Nobody needs my input on that as there is nothing further for me to add to the discussion other than to continue laughing at the train-wreck and those who totally believed that I was wrong.

wiser3754

« Reply #2003 on: May 21, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »
Citizencon is to be held on November 21st, almost a month from last year's Citizencon. Why do this? Run it in parallel to the anniversary sale or just before they file their 2018 yearly financials with the UK government?

Also does anyone know where I can find the player participation rate during the free fly event?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2004 on: May 21, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »
Citizencon is to be held on November 21st, almost a month from last year's Citizencon. Why do this? Run it in parallel to the anniversary sale or just before they file their 2018 yearly financials with the UK government?

Also does anyone know where I can find the player participation rate during the free fly event?

I think 30th September is their due date, so unless they file late again I'm not sure they are considering it.

The last time they were so wondering how to play it with the "marketing" investment, and delayed filling, them came out with their financials to deflect the questions that were being raised.

I'm guessing there is no more investment this time, I wonder whether the loan had been paid off yet, I'm guessing not.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2005 on: May 22, 2019, 08:53:43 AM »
Particularly that refunds sub evolved to be no better than those twits over on the official Star Citizen sub because they also became tribal and toxic to people (e.g. OSC) offering dissenting opinions.

Definitely quite a few dicks on there.   

Lir

« Reply #2006 on: May 22, 2019, 04:03:11 PM »
 @Derek , 
Ive more or less followed of what happened on SA. I understand. 

@Stantheman
Yeah, but mainly people are now listening and willing to educate themselve. Contrary to the main sub you can speak your mind, and as much as I agree OCS received a bad treatment, the stream has evolved. 
Im still seen as an extremist, on the refund sub, because Im totally in line with thinking CIG is a launder machine. But I like challenges and debating , and its a ground there to talk with more faithful backers than anywhere else. 

As  I said they have now acknowledged at large of CR lies and incompetency. It took a while tho. I d say there's like a 2-3 years delay from the Derek's blogs or SA, to the refund sub acknowledgement. 
But truely the dicks asses number are decreasing by the day, and when they come around they get eaten fresh and quick by the community, and man this is refreshing. 

Now Im mainly posting there because as I said I like challenges . It is more emulating to debate dissenting opinions than with people beeing on same ground - here or sa.  I also hate when the backers do revisionism, I just  can't stand when people play with history, whatever if they do it on purpose or because of lack of knowledge. This is why in same fashion I would have liked Derek to come there, put credit back where's credit is due. 
 But since it seems that wont be happening I'll come more often here now because Ive always liked conversing with Derek, and also because I'm sometimes missing a fair ground to rethink  wtf I could answer to some of the cultists.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2007 on: May 22, 2019, 04:42:02 PM »

Yeah, but mainly people are now listening and willing to educate themselves. Contrary to the main sub you can speak your mind, and as much as I agree OCS received a bad treatment, the stream has evolved. 
Im still seen as an extremist, on the refund sub, because Im totally in line w

The way to educate themselves is to come here and read Dereks stuff, check out Binkys YT series and read what OSC has written plus a few more bits and pieces.

The world is full of thick lazy people that can't do basic research even when pointed in the right direction.

You give them a recipe for a cake and they add cement instead of flour, piss in the mixing bowl and cook it on the temperature they guessed not what is prescribed.      Then they try to lecture you. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2008 on: May 23, 2019, 01:27:03 PM »

No clue; but it could just be an issue with the available venue dates.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2009 on: May 23, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »
No clue; but it could just be an issue with the available venue dates.

But dear sir, isn't such date just an issue for us peasant, while every normal venure would bow over for high mighty lord CRoberts and their video game saving masterpiece?  :laugh:
Do we actually know though, where they'll host this year?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk