Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074345 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2235 on: May 12, 2020, 06:45:23 AM »
Ask yourself this. When - in the history of gaming - has one company ever "sold" or "licensed" their game engine to a third-party who then went on to make their own game from it?

It's never happened.

Game engines like iD Tech, Unreal, CryEngine etc used no games, were built as engines first before they were licensed (as engines) to third-parties. And those engines didn't contain any game code that's part of the engine core.

CIG could never - ever - license their shitty CryEngine (per the CryTek lawsuit, they never switched to LY as we now find out over three years since I said they didn't back in Dec 2016) based "Star Engine" (custom engine) because it would need to do any/all the things that any competent game engine does - and more.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:25:11 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2237 on: May 14, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »
https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gj22c0/unreal_engine_5_just_revealed_and_showed_some/

This is what delusion looks like.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gj22c0/unreal_engine_5_just_revealed_and_showed_some/fqjez6v/

"The only thing CIG is beating them with atm is their research into multiplayer."

lol, their 50 player servers are cutting edge. They come up with some vague unrealised "server mashing" bullshit and the backers lap it up.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2238 on: May 15, 2020, 09:09:25 AM »
"The only thing CIG is beating them with atm is their research into multiplayer."

lol, their 50 player servers are cutting edge. They come up with some vague unrealised "server mashing" bullshit and the backers lap it up.

Well I personally want them to continue with that bs because the end game will be that much more hilarious.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2239 on: May 16, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »
Well I personally want them to continue with that bs because the end game will be that much more hilarious.

Totally, I hope they get "tier 0"out, which will basically just be instamcing 😂

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2242 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:57 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gm13lf/my_outsider_perspective_on_star_citizen_if_you/

Some people over there are now saying they expect 2024/25 for release! A full 10 years after the initial release date. All 4 or 5 years away, and that is not including the fact that their predictions are wildly over optimistic 😂

jwh1701

« Reply #2243 on: May 21, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gm13lf/my_outsider_perspective_on_star_citizen_if_you/

My favorite post:

Uncle_Slippy_Fist
Dude, you are talking to a cult. Chris Roberts is their L Ron Hubbard. Just look at the downvotes, even when you made an entirely non aggressive critisism. These people are beyond delusional.

They just started a whole thread about Derek in the refunds.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2244 on: May 22, 2020, 07:35:53 AM »
They just started a whole thread about Derek in the refunds.

They did? I don't see it. Got link?

EDIT: Found it! I see that "he doxxed people" nonsense is still alive and well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/go0i84/out_of_the_loop_why_is_derek_smart_so/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:52:33 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2245 on: May 22, 2020, 07:38:42 AM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:47:12 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2246 on: May 22, 2020, 07:39:03 AM »
Well, it looks like those bastards decided to put Line Of Defense inside Star Citizen?

jham

« Reply #2247 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:58 AM »
T-posing NPC behind the counter at 4:35 in the free fly video.  :cheesy:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2248 on: May 22, 2020, 12:09:38 PM »
Yes - apparently if you leave your ship, it becomes weightless. Or something. I don’t even know anymore.

Meanwhile, over at what backers call the “hate” sub, the drive-by nutters still have their “Oh it’s just Derek Smart” narrative, even as the whole project burns down around them. Because you know, somehow this is all my fault (isn’t it always though?).

Yet somehow, in all this ToW fiasco, some have noticed that CIG, with over $350m of free money, basically decided to make a shitty combined arms version of Battlefield, Planetside and gasp Line Of Defense. I can’t even stop laughing.

Oh, the Free Fly event is apparently live!

jham

« Reply #2249 on: May 22, 2020, 12:11:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to the melt down when the free fly starts.  :cheesy:

But it hasn't quite started yet. The free fly is expected at 3 PM Pacific Time, although the 3.9.1 patch was already released to live.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk