Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1133377 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2265 on: May 26, 2020, 08:23:51 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

MadAmishman

« Reply #2267 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
What I find odd about a couple of the posts that are posing relevant, critical questions is they were each hit by a moderator and the person was PM'd. Now, what does that mean? I can't think of a reason a mod would come in and leave that footprint on a post unless the person was being warned for some perceived offense. I'm all for not trolling, and don't condone it, but what other reason could that little foot print be left on the posts?

jwh1701

« Reply #2268 on: May 27, 2020, 10:30:56 AM »
What I find odd about a couple of the posts that are posing relevant, critical questions is they were each hit by a moderator and the person was PM'd. Now, what does that mean? I can't think of a reason a mod would come in and leave that footprint on a post unless the person was being warned for some perceived offense. I'm all for not trolling, and don't condone it, but what other reason could that little foot print be left on the posts?

The mods for SC are over the top defenders, I've personally received livid pms from them for my posts about SC in completely separate unrelated reddits.

jwh1701

« Reply #2269 on: May 27, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »

MadAmishman

« Reply #2270 on: May 27, 2020, 10:44:29 AM »
So the guys asking relevant, thought out questions about where's the money going get PM'd by a Mod...but this guy:

Aillas@Aillas_Delima
May 25th at 10:12
Covid is a nasty bug, but the death rate is far lower than the common flu, unless you live in a city that has installed massive 5G infrastructure. According to a variety of doctors, oxygen's absorption of the energy of 5G frequencies has something to do with it, as it also interacts with the oxygen carried by your blood.

This interaction with oxygen has also been pointed out by the engineers who developed 5G, as dissipation stops the signal from going farther than they want it to, avoiding overlap and thus allowing them to reuse the same frequencies in a dense grid. Too bad it sucks for you, when the oxygen in your blood suddenly rises in temperature, due to absorbing that energy.

Sweden has shown the way to deal with Covid19 without creating a panic, population-wide house arrest or destroying their economy...

While clearly trolling, doesn't get hit with anything? Wtf....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:01:00 AM by MadAmishman »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2271 on: May 27, 2020, 11:14:47 AM »
So the guys asking relevant, thought out questions about where's the money going get PM'd by a Mod...but this guy:

Aillas@Aillas_Delima
Covid is a nasty bug, but the death rate is far lower than the common flu, unless you live in a city that has installed massive 5G infrastructure. According to a variety of doctors, oxygen's absorption of the energy of 5G frequencies has something to do with it, as it also interacts with the oxygen carried by your blood.

This interaction with oxygen has also been pointed out by the engineers who developed 5G, as dissipation stops the signal from going farther than they want it to, avoiding overlap and thus allowing them to reuse the same frequencies in a dense grid. Too bad it sucks for you, when the oxygen in your blood suddenly rises in temperature, due to absorbing that energy.

Sweden has shown the way to deal with Covid19 without creating a panic, population-wide house arrest or destroying their economy...

If they were going to start banning the spread of misinformation they would have to ban CR himself, this is pretty consistent.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2272 on: May 27, 2020, 12:23:48 PM »

Aillas@Aillas_Delima

Well these are the same wankers who backed and are defending an obvious scam. So this is perfectly normal.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2274 on: May 27, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »
Daily reminder that a SQ42 update video was scheduled for Tuesday, the 19, and was delayed for "editorial" reasons.

Maybe they realised that doing another video that was just shots of assets from the game would not be enough to appease the backers... Do they not know who they are dealing with? :D

MadAmishman

« Reply #2276 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:15 AM »
So, if it's legit, I found the person on Reddit that made the post I referenced above on Spectrum that was asking legitimate questions and got hit with the Mod hammer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/gr8xk0/so_i_made_a_thread_of_spectrum_with_my_thoughts/fry8dm

That's the Reddit post with the link back to the original post on Spectrum that shows the mod hit.

Here was the part that was removed with the persons explanation:

They removed this line
"Chris Roberts cannot manage a game development, this is something history has proven multiple times"

I got this in a message too: "While we understand your frustration and thank you for your well-worded feedback, we encourage that such comments are avoided going forward, as slights against staff and implications that the game will not be released are deemed unacceptable per our standard of conduct. As such your posts have been edited by moderation."

So I guess you can't even say anything bad about anything now.

So let me get this straight...I've been around a minute. I was born in the 1970s, so let's just leave it at that. My point is, I've seen the growth of the internet and forums. They're not new to me. They can usually devolve into a cage of monkey's throwing feces at each other. I've witnessed some toxic crap and nothing has been done about it by Mods. This is the first time EVER that I've witnessed Mods from a company come in and censor a persons post that was critical of a company's staff, especially one who's a public figure. Much less a company that is currently about 90% funded from crowd sourced funds.

Oh wait, let me take that above statement back. I have witnessed a few examples of Mods doing this with other companies...and usually it was when the company was trying to hide some really bad shit behind the scenes....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:11:58 AM by MadAmishman »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2277 on: May 28, 2020, 06:32:22 AM »
It's a cult. That's it. All of it. End of story.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2278 on: May 31, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk