Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074785 times)

David-2

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #990 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »
:emot-lol: That went well. Star Marine/Arena Commander Tutorial Video Contest

It may be that some readers here fail to scroll down in that page past all the posts deleted by a mod due to "clerical error" and find the genuine contributions of a couple of actual SC game mode tutorials.  So I'm posting them here, so the nay-sayers can be properly educated:

HonorableSpikyTeaHeyGirl

HotDullThymeOhMyDog

Aya Reiko

« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2018, 11:28:43 AM »

I wonder if CRoberts will pull a CliffyB and announce the end of the company on Twitter w/o informing the employees first.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #992 on: May 20, 2018, 06:49:16 AM »
I wonder if CRoberts will pull a CliffyB and announce the end of the company on Twitter w/o informing the employees first.

CliffB actually did have a meeting at the office and informed them.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #993 on: May 22, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #994 on: May 22, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
He is a bit late....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #995 on: May 22, 2018, 05:33:07 PM »
They all are. And what's coming next, and currently happening behind the scenes, is going to shock them to the core. Just wait.

Resin

« Reply #996 on: May 22, 2018, 08:54:41 PM »
They all are. And what's coming next, and currently happening behind the scenes, is going to shock them to the core. Just wait.

For how long still?:)

N0mad

« Reply #997 on: May 23, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »

My guess is that people have been leaving the project but Chris has kept them on the books as "consultants" even if they don't actually do any work anymore.  :smiley:

Winston Smith

« Reply #998 on: May 23, 2018, 05:07:27 AM »
While the great soup banquet was underway the couple from that Japanese TV show was seen packing and the showrunner’s job went up for grabs. But what is best in grand get rich scheme of things? Three in a day or a former lead writer three days later? Anyway prepping usually means preparing for the aftermath of an E.L.E. At this point I seriously doubt the scoop is filthy leavers ditching the project.

Now if the withdrawal is real, let me ease the pain. After five and a half years since it was incorporated, Roberts Space Industries Corp (Delaware file number: 5231421) underwent a gender change and became Roberts Space Industries LLC. Subsequently Roberts Space Industries corp. registered to do Business in California on behalf of the former entity suspended its operation.

TL;DR: The publisher catering to American backers since 2013 does not exist anymore.

Motto

« Reply #999 on: May 23, 2018, 09:35:42 AM »
Hmmm.....

Although converting a C corporation into a limited liability company (LLC) allows the C corporation shareholders to continue to have limited liability while acquiring the advantages of passthrough taxation, the heavy tax cost of the conversion normally will be prohibitive. However, in certain situations in which the corporation has depreciated assets or significant net operating loss (NOL) carryovers, conversion to LLC status may be beneficial. See the checklist to ensure that the significant issues have been addressed when converting to LLC status.

More on Corp to LLC here. Or do this

StanTheMan

« Reply #1000 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
Has anyone written the Star Citizen Obituary yet ?

There is also going to be a need for example explanations to Wife/Partner/Children/Parents etc as to "Why I spent $XXXX on some JPEGS and now they are worth nothing".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:14:26 AM by StanTheMan »

N0mad

« Reply #1001 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
Has anyone written the Star Citizen Obituary yet ?

There is also going to be a need for example explanations to Wife/Partner/Children/Parents etc as to "Why I spent $XXXX on some JPEGS and now they are worth nothing".

Lol  - I think Derek's written the book.

WHEN CIG collapses it will make worldwide news (at least in the business and tech sections) as the largest crowd funded failure in history. There are going to be some very angry Reddit users when it happens.

jwh1701

« Reply #1002 on: May 23, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »
Lol  - I think Derek's written the book.

WHEN CIG collapses it will make worldwide news (at least in the business and tech sections) as the largest crowd funded failure in history. There are going to be some very angry Reddit users when it happens.

Wish it would of had a competent CEO at the head and I could have played the finished product. On the flip side I have a lot of hate mail I will be able to video and upload to YouTube when it does collapse.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1003 on: May 23, 2018, 02:40:11 PM »
For how long still?:)

Two Weeks :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1004 on: May 23, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
While the great soup banquet was underway the couple from that Japanese TV show was seen packing and the showrunner’s job went up for grabs. But what is best in grand get rich scheme of things? Three in a day or a former lead writer three days later? Anyway prepping usually means preparing for the aftermath of an E.L.E. At this point I seriously doubt the scoop is filthy leavers ditching the project.

Nope. It's not just about downsizing due to financial issues. It's a lot worse than that.

Now if the withdrawal is real, let me ease the pain. After five and a half years since it was incorporated, Roberts Space Industries Corp (Delaware file number: 5231421) underwent a gender change and became Roberts Space Industries LLC. Subsequently Roberts Space Industries corp. registered to do Business in California on behalf of the former entity suspended its operation.

TL;DR: The publisher catering to American backers since 2013 does not exist anymore.

It's real. They surrendered the corp in CA on that date. I reported on it back when it happened I think. I also reported back when they did the same thing in Texas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk