Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074311 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1380 on: October 29, 2018, 07:21:36 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1381 on: October 29, 2018, 07:31:30 AM »
Yeah, OCS + NBC working as expected

No, it's not just us.

$200M

7 years

5 funded studios around the world

500 (currently 450) at one point in dev

No end in sight

After action report

Pre-game: While another trio of people were in various stages of downloading or crashing the game, Party Member 1 and I managed to get on each other's contact lists and loaded into the same server. In most games this would be trivial, in Star Citizen this is a gigantic hurdle. We tooted around in our pathetic prole chariots for a while, flying to Kareah and mutually exploding against the hull of the station, before we respawned and noticed a Hammerhead just kind of gently cruising around Port Olisar. After several minutes of flying around and harassing the pilot, he let us board. Or maybe he just forgot that he left the front airlock open- it's hard to tell in Star Citizen with no real communication. We joined several other commandos in kind of aimlessly running around the halls- our intention was to shoot them all and take the ship if he ever flew outside the no-fire zone. Eventually I fell through a gap in a door and got stuck. Naturally, the pilot picked that moment to start flying away from the station. I crouch jumped back to stability, and the two of us engaged in about 10 glorious seconds of gunfire, killing three or so commandos before being cut down.

Our other three other compatriots managed to load in to a separate server, so PM1 and I had to quit out and attempt to join. This was the usual 10 to 15 minute ordeal of infinite loading screens, crashes, and reloads but we did eventually all manage to wake up in adjacent wank pods. PM's 2 and 3 were already trying to board a Reclaimer out on the landing pads but couldn't figure out how to get in- another win for Star Citizen's utterly fucked boarding systems. I spawned a Constellation from my PTU menu and went to pick them up. Astonishingly, this actually worked- we got 2, 3, and eventually 4 all loaded up in the ship after several more minutes of noodling around. Then I flew us back to Kareah to engage in glorious FPS combat against bots, but the landing caused PM4 to glitch and teleport about 150km away from the ship. While PM's 2 and 3 ran inside, I flew out to get him. They were dead by the time we started to fly back- no idea what happened to them, but it was time to RTB.

Our second reunion at Port O found us looking at yet another Hammerhead, this one damaged and abandoned. We managed to get inside through an elevator and I swiftly took control, ignoring the fact that half the ship was just kind of sparking or on fire as I ran to the bridge. Apparently it was abandoned because the controls were broken, or something? I don't know. I could sit in the pilot seat but not fly it. During this thrilling adventure at least one of our party members crashed out completely and had to reload again. We eventually abandoned the Hammerhead and re-boarded the Constellation for Levski and the ship shop.

At Levski we managed a safe landing, with no pirates shooting at us which I found a bit odd. Once we touched down in the Levski hangar I instantly died, and at least 2 of the other party members experienced similar glitches or crashes within seconds, leaving the attrition rate at something like 75% just for landing. I woke up inside a wall at the Levski wank pod facility and began an infinite loop of loading and falling to my death while the others tried to re-coordinate. Eventually, miracle of miracles, I spawned in the wank pod facing the proper direction and actually managed to get out. I met the only surviving PM and showed him the ship shop, after an interminable elevator ride. None of the ships had spawned, of course- the server was bugged, which did explain why there weren't a dozen griefers orbiting outside waiting to shoot people. Unable to buy new spaceships, we endured the long elevator ride and wandered Levski for a bit, picking up swank new pirate armor. Then we spawned the Constellation again and went out to board which is when I discovered that I'm apparently hostile with the station personnel? This is probably why I died on landing- the second I got out of the elevator they all whipped out pistols and started shooting at me. Luckily they were doing little or no damage this time, so we made it on board and successfully flew back to Port O where PM 4 was trying desperately to escape wank pod hell. While waiting for him to get back into the game, I started sniping at ships from just outside the no-fire zone, eventually irritating someone to the point that he flew out in a Constellation and obliterated our ship within seconds. Apparently ballistics are the way to go, kids. Then I woke up back in the infinite-wall spawning loop at Levski and decided I had had enough Star Citizen for the time being.

So there you go, another pointless adventure where we accomplished nothing over the course of like 2 real time hours. 90% of time was spent loading, spawning, or recovering people who had just loaded and/or spawned. The remainder of the time was spent flying to places, getting stuck in geometry, and dying. Maybe 30 seconds of the whole night involved any kind of combat. Star Citizen is bad, don't play it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:56:59 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1382 on: October 29, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »
The fun begins around 1hr 18mins in

jwh1701

« Reply #1383 on: October 29, 2018, 02:32:52 PM »
Yeah, OCS + NBC working as expected

I saw this over in the refund section, lots of bugs everywhere. One gentleman sounded like a comedian by the name Emo Phillips I've listened to for sometime.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:47:27 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1384 on: October 29, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
The 3.3 AARs are fantastically funny

The fun actually decreases as you add more people in Star Citizen. Everyone in Star Citizen is intensely fragile, all the time. TTK on a spaceship is about .8 seconds, TTK on spaceman is even lower. And they will always respawn at the least convenient possible location, or with a giant insurance timer. Once you get over ~3 people in a group, literally all you are going to be doing is waiting on one or more people to respawn, or you're going to have to fly off and leave them. And that's assuming that everyone even manages to load into the same server which is a 2 hour ordeal in itself. The only way the big Citizen "Look we're having FUN" videos work is by, as someone pointed out last night, inviting 50 people and then filming the 5 who actually manage to make it through.

Overcome all of that, get everyone crewing your chariot, and what do you get? Maybe 2 or 3 minutes of "Gameplay" that amounts to traveling somewhere, because the missions don't work, the chat doesn't work, sharing the QT travel point to other ships doesn't work, landing will probably kill half your crew, and combat will definitely kill all of them.

jwh1701

« Reply #1385 on: October 29, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »
The fun begins around 1hr 18mins in

Sad for these guys as Chris and devs have started going back on OCS, and they actually believe they are providing good data to CIG. The only data going back I believe at this point is over promising on fidelity and 1000 players per instance.

Lol qoutes:
Even with 2080ti you going to have a bad day.
How to crash the server bring your fleet.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1387 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
OMG! You guys need to send GTVA_Alpha1 some lube because OSC is being brutal - again

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/9rz6sn/star_citizen_lawsuit_update_cig_responds_to_crytek/e8s9ge5/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/9rz6sn/star_citizen_lawsuit_update_cig_responds_to_crytek/e8q9aml/

OCS surprisingly continues to do what I gave up a year ago, he's very good at providing hard to argue with facts and talking points.

jwh1701

« Reply #1388 on: October 31, 2018, 01:17:38 PM »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1389 on: October 31, 2018, 04:28:01 PM »
Keeping Chris's Hollywood dream going.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9stqv9/the_capital_ship_buying_problem_for_me/

Yep

I plan to use the Idris P mainly for org purposes as well as personal purposes as a mobile home & a projection of power.

What a prick....He sounds like a 40 year old virgin, stroking his pecker in front a mirror in his bedroom.   

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:30:38 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1390 on: October 31, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
OCS surprisingly continues to do what I gave up a year ago, he's very good at providing hard to argue with facts and talking points.

Yeah, they totally hate him over there :emot-lol:

jwh1701

« Reply #1391 on: October 31, 2018, 08:59:04 PM »
Yep

What a prick....He sounds like a 40 year old virgin, stroking his pecker in front a mirror in his bedroom.   

Lol I personally cannot remember a game with more fantasy theorizing. Most games you known what it's about and the gameplay before released. Think how long it's been and we still are missing so much.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1392 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »
Keeping Chris's Hollywood dream going.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9stqv9/the_capital_ship_buying_problem_for_me/
Please tell me which expensive none implemented ship I should buy, based on none implemented game mechanics for the said ships in a game that is in "early" development and does not have any of the required shit we are going to talk about implemented in any useful state.

These whales deserve to be milled for all they have got, I'm changing my stance to be supportive of Chris Roberts'  efforts to milk these fools for every penny. They could really do with the life lesson.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1393 on: November 01, 2018, 05:49:51 AM »
Please tell me which expensive none implemented ship I should buy, based on none implemented game mechanics for the said ships in a game that is in "early" development and does not have any of the required shit we are going to talk about implemented in any useful state.

These whales deserve to be milled for all they have got, I'm changing my stance to be supportive of Chris Roberts'  efforts to milk these fools for every penny. They could really do with the life lesson.

For a long time now we've said that croberts and his crew tapped into the most broken-brained sector of gaming.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1394 on: November 01, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »
And then there is this dumb bastard....

Think about it, would CIG be selling all these ships if it didn't have BIG ideas for what it was planning to do with them?

Hmmm I wonder...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk