Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075990 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1845 on: March 17, 2019, 05:57:54 AM »
Troll needs feeding. It's been awhile...

You made up the fictional ELE as FUD.

04/11/2016

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

"For about two weeks now I have been hinting that on-going events which, combined with what has transpired long before this project turned into the shit-show that it is now, are likely to see this project result in a catastrophic collapse before they can deliver on promises. If you are in the media, a backer (are you a disgruntled whale? then you’re even more vested; do something), or in a position of authority, you need to do one thing, and one thing only. Ignore all the noise and the drama, because my opinion remains the same, the game is never going to come out as promised. Instead, just follow the money....But needless to say, those now following the money should be looking closely at where it’s coming from, where it’s going, and whether they have enough to complete the project or not."

It's not happened. It's not happening.

12/24/2018

http://dereksmart.com/2018/12/star-citizen-a-new-dawn/

"It was only a matter of time. When you’re burning more money than you’re making, and your project is over four years late and well over $145M over budget, you’re probably in trouble. We’ve known for some time now that they were actively looking for money to continue funding the project because despite the crowd-funding chart being complete nonsense, they are burning through a lot of cash."

What 'event' has caused this still operating company to become extinct? There isn't one.

An E.L.E (used as an analogy in my missive) is a progressive event that takes place over time.

They haven't been operating in the red 'this whole time' at all. The last two years of those financials were in the red, the previous 4 or 5 were significantly in the black.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

Does ELE stand for Excrement Level Elevates? That's what it appears like with you banging this battered, worn and frankly, utterly pathetic looking, drum.

:emot-bahgawd:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1846 on: March 17, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »
Why the farce can continue with people going for dual concierge this late in the terrible development.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/b24lyk/this_account_does_not_exist_or_is_no_longer_active/

Scruffpuff

« Reply #1847 on: March 17, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
Why the farce can continue with people going for dual concierge this late in the terrible development.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/b24lyk/this_account_does_not_exist_or_is_no_longer_active/

If you put a diving board above the central shaft of an active volcano, a certain percentage of people would jump in.  Without prodding, without incentive; they would see the board, what passes for an intellect would form the thought "DIVE BOARD MEAN DIVE HERE" and off they go.  No amount of logic will stop them.

Same here.  They see the trapping of game development and their neurons team up to form a barely-coherent "I SEE GRAPHICS SO SPACE GAME REAL" and they're off and running.  Nobody will ever, ever fix these people.  Make a mental note of who they are and make sure you don't leave your kids alone with them, and you've done all you can.

jwh1701

« Reply #1848 on: March 17, 2019, 03:50:28 PM »
If you put a diving board above the central shaft of an active volcano, a certain percentage of people would jump in.  Without prodding, without incentive; they would see the board, what passes for an intellect would form the thought "DIVE BOARD MEAN DIVE HERE" and off they go.  No amount of logic will stop them.

Same here.  They see the trapping of game development and their neurons team up to form a barely-coherent "I SEE GRAPHICS SO SPACE GAME REAL" and they're off and running.  Nobody will ever, ever fix these people.  Make a mental note of who they are and make sure you don't leave your kids alone with them, and you've done all you can.

That is definitely very true that and the reason why I just try and have fun with them, after two years of abuse form backers and mods it's not worth trying.

Meowz

« Reply #1849 on: March 17, 2019, 11:00:19 PM »

Sad thing is, from what I could tell when I was in concierge spectrum the majority of them seem to be middle aged men with families and kids of their own. So these guys are dropping $1k+ on a video game, mostly without the knowledge of their SO, that money could have gone to a family vacation where everyone could have had fun, built memories and experienced the best game around "Real Life". Instead they dropped it on useless virtual space ships...

The $3k I got back went towards SCUBA equipment and a trip to Maui with the now wife (FYI spent the money before I met her) and both resulted in far more experiences and enjoyment than SC ever did. I really pity these guys, but I feel worse for their families.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1850 on: March 18, 2019, 05:06:36 AM »

Indeed. And in their case, these guys found something to believe in, and at all costs, they desperately want it to come true in the end. It won't - but until then, they will continue to have hope. I mean, if the Dec 2018 financials and the $46M bailout (which was totally for SQ42 marketing) didn't make these guys pause and think, nothing - short of closed doors - will.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1851 on: March 18, 2019, 05:13:40 AM »
And then they will say that at least Chris tried, and that is was all Derek's fault that it went apeshit.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2019, 05:56:38 AM »
Troll needs feeding. It's been awhile...

04/11/2016

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

"For about two weeks now I have been hinting that on-going events which, combined with what has transpired long before this project turned into the shit-show that it is now, are likely to see this project result in a catastrophic collapse before they can deliver on promises. If you are in the media, a backer (are you a disgruntled whale? then you’re even more vested; do something), or in a position of authority, you need to do one thing, and one thing only. Ignore all the noise and the drama, because my opinion remains the same, the game is never going to come out as promised. Instead, just follow the money....But needless to say, those now following the money should be looking closely at where it’s coming from, where it’s going, and whether they have enough to complete the project or not."

12/24/2018

http://dereksmart.com/2018/12/star-citizen-a-new-dawn/

"It was only a matter of time. When you’re burning more money than you’re making, and your project is over four years late and well over $145M over budget, you’re probably in trouble. We’ve known for some time now that they were actively looking for money to continue funding the project because despite the crowd-funding chart being complete nonsense, they are burning through a lot of cash."

An E.L.E (used as an analogy in my missive) is a progressive event that takes place over time.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

:emot-bahgawd:

Until they're extinct, there is no event that caused extinction. Arguing otherwise is guesswork and conjecture. If you can honestly tell me that when you proudly forecast CIGs demise, via this fictional ELE, that you thought they'd still be in business 3+ years later, then it was a damn foolish thing to predict so soon. The longer it goes without extinction, the more foolish it appears you were.

The financials you've so kindly clipped for me there are showing the same thing. Expenditure. Please don't tell me that because it's in a red font you think it means they've lost money every year...?

If you look at the income from the same years, you'll see a positive difference in 2012, 2013 and 2014, pretty much break even in 2016 and small losses for 2015 and 2017, easily absorbed by the black first three years.

End of 2014 they had a net cumulative position of +$25 million. If they were operating in the red every year, ('all these years'), it seems impossible to have 25 million in the bank, wouldn't you agree?

Post a screen clip of their net cumulative position or even one of their income next to the expenditure. You've just clipped the same thing in different formats. Reasonably pointless.

So again, a company with money in the bank, investors happy to invest and a game that is slowly coming together with quarterly updates and a single player game coming next year...maybe, simply does not have the aroma of death. The ELE isn't happening, hasn't happened and won't happen any time soon. Get over it. You were wrong.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:04:03 AM by Slapmeandcallmegurl »

Motto

« Reply #1853 on: March 18, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »
Don't feed the troll.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1854 on: March 18, 2019, 01:42:15 PM »
Oh so now you have a problem with fidelity? :emot-lol:

wiser3754

« Reply #1855 on: March 18, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »

Know which troll I miss on Youtube? Major Tom. I asked him a while back why he isn't making anymore videos and his response was essesntially, "The game is working as intended. Meaning it's dull, boring and tedious. I can't even bring myself to crawl to the train station. See you in the verse Commando 08".

Yes. There were no spelling errors or grammar problems. He wasn't joking.

wiser3754

« Reply #1856 on: March 18, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
@Slapmeandcallmegirl - You don't find it concerning that at the end of 2017 CIG had only 14.2 million (down from 19 million the previous year) in the bank after it had burned through 48.8 million after taking in only 43.8 million?
Essentially a 4 million dollar burn rate which is set to increase with the added positions for programmers that CiG want, primarily A.I prgrammers. If it weren't for that 46 million dollar injection back in May 2018 I doubt CiG would be lasting this long, particularly after the 3.0 disaster.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #1857 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
@Slapmeandcallmegirl - You don't find it concerning that at the end of 2017 CIG had only 14.2 million (down from 19 million the previous year) in the bank after it had burned through 48.8 million after taking in only 43.8 million?
Essentially a 4 million dollar burn rate which is set to increase with the added positions for programmers that CiG want, primarily A.I prgrammers. If it weren't for that 46 million dollar injection back in May 2018 I doubt CiG would be lasting this long, particularly after the 3.0 disaster.

I don't get why I'd be concerned about a video game being developed but it looks to me like they got a lot of money early, blew up the scope, spent what they had as they earned loads and loads more. It doesn't appear like funding is slowing down in any of significant way and they've been in the black from day one. Even if they ran out of money, they've proved they can get investment, loans or more sales cash. Wanna buy an Idris?

Literally nothing to be concerned about for me. Just enjoying the ride.

wiser3754

« Reply #1858 on: March 18, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »
I don't get why I'd be concerned about a video game being developed but it looks to me like they got a lot of money early, blew up the scope, spent what they had as they earned loads and loads more. It doesn't appear like funding is slowing down in any of significant way and they've been in the black from day one. Even if they ran out of money, they've proved they can get investment, loans or more sales cash. Wanna buy an Idris?

Literally nothing to be concerned about for me. Just enjoying the ride.

You're not one of those so called "Whales" are you? You haven't spent a ludicrous amount of money on ships and JPEGs yeah? You don't sound like one.

jwh1701

« Reply #1859 on: March 18, 2019, 07:51:58 PM »

The audio additions were great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk