Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075358 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2085 on: September 05, 2019, 08:17:46 AM »
Our Derek, who art in a battlecruiser, tarnished be thy name.
Thy blogs will come.
Thy words be done, on Reddit as it is on twitter.
Give us this day our daily rant;
and forgive us our pledges, as we forgive those who pledge thouands;
and lead us not into star citizen, but deliver us from Roberts
Amen.
Might I bring you the Star Citizen prayer #notacult

Our Chris who art in LA, Hallowed be thy game.
Thy game will come.
It will be done, on Daymar as it is in Yelin.
Give us this day our daily pledge,
and give us our Cutlasses, as we troll all those on Disqus against us,
and lead us not into refunds, but deliver us from Goons.
For mine is the Caterpillar, the Galdius and Hornet,
Fidelity Fidelity.

Spacemen

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2086 on: September 05, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »
Should have thought of the 'spacemen' ending.

Dammit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2088 on: September 06, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2089 on: September 08, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »
Meanwhile over at /r/Games

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/d0j9cx/star_citizen_origin_890_jump_ship_commercial_890/

Hmm how much of the animations in that commercial are done trough their (3rd party) facial cam system and ingame animations? Because those animations really looked sketchy.

Noztra

« Reply #2090 on: September 09, 2019, 10:56:55 PM »
Prison gameplay incoming.. :police:

helimoth

« Reply #2091 on: September 10, 2019, 12:01:19 AM »
Haha prisons that's fantastic. I reckon they are gearing up for a ship which fits this mechanic all ready for an xmas sale.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2092 on: September 13, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
Haha prisons that's fantastic. I reckon they are gearing up for a ship which fits this mechanic all ready for an xmas sale.

Just when you think things can't get much more ridiculous...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2093 on: September 14, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »

It's Star Citizen. There's always more; and it's always worse.

David-2

« Reply #2094 on: September 15, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »

This prison business isn't unexpected at all.  We all know that SC/S42 represents CR's innermost hopes and dreams - it's like the inner world he envisions for himself, the ultimate Mary Sue.

So. His hopes.  His dreams.  And now, why not also his fears?

jwh1701

« Reply #2095 on: September 17, 2019, 12:34:55 PM »

Try to find the one backer that was asking about being able to rape players, the guy may finally get his wish with the prison game-play.

helimoth

« Reply #2096 on: September 20, 2019, 06:15:51 AM »
Are CIG still honouring the physical goods outlined in their KS? If so do the obligations for deliverance of these physical goods differ to the deliverance of a software product? For example they can release a 'game' by just squeaking through because a game can be described very broadly and they are not pinned to specifics. With the physical goods though these objects have pretty concrete definitions; a 42 page hardback book can only mean a hardback book with 42 pages. I think there were 3 different books hardback books (each with 42 pages) pledged to backers alongside a soundtrack CD and a USB stick (with the game on) moulded in to a 'ship' shape.

I don't know much about publishing costs but surely with the total volume probably only being around 15,000 or so books they aren't likely to get too much of a volume discount, right? It doesn't sound like a huge volume to me. Plus you can only assume that these books are not yet completed - I say that only because the games/modding tools they are based on aren't even close to completion. Therefore you could probably expect there is still an outstanding cost for staff to produce the content to go in the books - all subject to the CR micromanaging touch. The soundtrack CD isn't likely to be much of a cost but I do have my doubts that anyone will even have a CD player to play it on by the time the game is released. CDs are already such an outdated storage format for music and in N years time they will be more antiquated.

Then there is the USB stick. There is a chance these have already been purchased and are languishing in some box in a warehouse ready to be loaded with a copy of the game and shipped but I doubt it. You can't really buy the USB stick until you know how large you need the USB stick to be - you want to buy ones with just enough storage so that the game fits on there comfortably but without overspending and buying ones with excessive storage you won't need. They won't know how large they need the USB stick to be until they have a copy of the game ready to ship so it leads me to believe these have not yet been purchased. As before the volume isn't going to be huge so I can't see them getting volume discounts.

Finally there is the cost of shipping the items and this gets more expensive by the day. I can only assume the price of shipping has only gone up since 2012 so I'd again assume the shipping spend will be higher than their KS forecast. I think some backers had to pay for shipping so that's some of the load off CIG but if they paid for the shipping in 2012 then they paid 2012 prices which will surely be less than today's price. The rest of the shipping will have to be borne solely by CIG.

I can't see any of this being cheap. I reckon these physical goods alone when all the dust has settled are going to easily creep above the $100k mark. Not a huge amount for CIG when they were flush with cash but the CIG from 2020 and beyond, being kept afloat by loans and outside investment I think $100k is going to prove a sticking point. This is assuming anything gets released - if there is no release then there is no physical products but if they have pledged them already then I think they might be about to come unstuck.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 06:23:02 AM by helimoth »

StanTheMan

« Reply #2097 on: September 20, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »
Are CIG still honouring the physical goods outlined in their KS...

I can't see any of this being cheap. I reckon these physical goods alone when all the dust has settled are going to easily creep above the $100k mark. Not a huge amount for CIG when they were flush with cash but the CIG from 2020 and beyond, being kept afloat by loans and outside investment I think $100k is going to prove a sticking point. This is assuming anything gets released - if there is no release then there is no physical products but if they have pledged them already then I think they might be about to come unstuck.
You have vastly underestimated the costs of physical goods.

You forgot to factor in the fact that they will be recalled on a regular basis for remodelling etc...

Noztra

« Reply #2098 on: September 25, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2099 on: October 08, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
The latest episode of @GuardFreq online. It has a segment on the latest Star Citizen fiasco that's sure to wind up the tribe as always.

www.guardfrequency.com/278/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk