Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1119998 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2310 on: July 01, 2020, 02:25:24 PM »
He found it on Spectrum. How long does 'hate speech' last on that police state ala Spectrum before it's removed?

Good point. And I searched for it using the subject keywords. Yup - it's gone already. Shocking if you ask me.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #2311 on: July 01, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »
Good point. And I searched for it using the subject keywords. Yup - it's gone already. Shocking if you ask me.

Cheer up. Today is the big day that SQ42 gets it's beta release! *checks the release date* Ah . . . . Don't quote me on that.

jwh1701

« Reply #2312 on: July 01, 2020, 05:03:06 PM »
Latest CI email is great:

Blonde hair making progress lol.

The Character Team continued to work on hair, with blonde hair making progress. They also revisited the ‘bun’ style, which appears a large number of female characters. The rest of the team’s SQ42 focus was on refining the Vanduul.

More like higher fidelity bugs.

“Our Vanduul base body needed to be tweaked and reskinned so that we could achieve higher fidelity animations. We’re wrapping the pass up this week and making an update pass on all Vanduul armors.” -The Character Team

Sure I believe all of this:

Last month, Engineering worked on the ISPC compiler for WAF:

“Think HLSL for CPUs to write CPU target agnostic vectorized SSE functions that can be invoked from C/C++. This allows us to have bespoke, run-time invoked code paths for different CPU architectures to get the best possible performance for computation of heavy code.” -The Engineering Team

They also began experimenting with a new code-build system to improve quality-of-life for developers. This will feature implemented Python script to fold similar threads when inspecting GDB crash dumps and add a VC 2019 compiler transition to QA test requests.

Optimizations were made to the physics grid, physics instances, and local OBB algorithms. For planet entities, work was done to prevent cell generation under terrain, while the generation of POD entities on terrain patches was improved by moving complex constructors out of tight loops. They removed various methods from the physical entity interface to avoid virtual-function overhead, made box-pruning optimizations, and promoted moment-related variables to double precision so that the solver is more numerically stable in terms of large masses.

Body-dragging was further polished and work continued on physical damage, this time focusing on deformations. Engineering continued tuning the integrity reduction formula based on the surface types of colliding parts, while ship-to-ship collision detection was tweaked to benefit stability and performance. Ragdoll experiments were also conducted and a quick prototype for cross-section data structure was completed.

Regarding the entity component update-scheduler, the Engineering Team worked on flattening or even removing recursive processing, made improvements to component processing inside an aggregate, and started implementing support for multiple component policies per-update-pass.

Numerous tasks were also completed for the Gen12 Renderer. For planetary atmospheres, they completed the guided filter to de-noise and up-sample lower resolution raymarching results for inscatter and transmittance. Work also began on re-projecting raymarching results to further reduce cost per-frame.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2313 on: July 02, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
Latest CI email is great:

Yes - yes it is. I just posted it in another thread.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:06:04 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #2315 on: July 02, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #2316 on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:16 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2317 on: July 04, 2020, 07:37:19 AM »
They've all basically given up it seems.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2318 on: July 05, 2020, 06:30:06 AM »
NO fucks to give. Should've listened.

After reading these posts and sitting down and thinking about it, I don't think this game will come out for a long time. Even if SC comes out, it's unlikely to be the game that I originally backed and wanted to play. I was really disheartened by the pace of development, it's unimaginably slow. I also really didn't like the constant Youtube videos that CIG kept releasing without actually showing anything, just a bunch of guys talking about future content which never arrives. I hated the aggressive marketing and the entire LTI ordeal. I've become really sick of the bugs in the game, never ending and seemingly increasing. I also feel like once the game actually does come out, it will look dated, other engines and games are catching up. Lastly, if they are charging $10-20 for skins now, then that's a sign of an even more aggressive marketing strategy in the future. I didn't sign up for this, to make Sandy Gardner's acting ambition come to life and Chris's single player game. I just wanted the PTU and to be honest they haven't even finished one system, it's trash, I don't want to defend this anymore, I want out. I feel embarrassed that I referred 12 people to the game, I fell into the mess that SC was. I even bought Grey Market ships to get a better price, and I can't gift them away now. I spent nearly $1500 on the game, and I need to try and sell my account and get out. I might wait until more of my ships that I pledged for are released, so that it slightly increases the value of the account before selling it for what I originally spent. I'm also trying to convince a few of my buddies to do the same, they will probably gift away their ships through the Grey Market. I don't feel that Star Citizen will ever be a game, it's an ongoing tech demo, sadly that's the truth. There is nothing "game" about it or fun! They also can't realistically do any of the things that they promised, chances are that it'll be highly watered down or non functioning. Redesigning ships is just a sign of very poor and bad initial planning, this game was never thought about properly from the ground up, and this method of development will never turn come to fruition. It took me playing other games to see just what games were supposed to cost and what a $1500 investment actually was. I feel really stupid now, I was hoping for this to the be all and end all game, I ignored what people were saying, I even rejoiced in the funding goals, I held out hope, but it was all for nothing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/hldr0f/going_to_sell_my_sc_account_soon/

jwh1701

« Reply #2319 on: July 05, 2020, 07:50:57 AM »
NO fucks to give. Should've listened.

Yep I hate scams, theft but I have lost sympathy for them awhile back.

jwh1701

« Reply #2320 on: July 06, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

N0mad

« Reply #2321 on: July 07, 2020, 08:28:02 AM »
Great data has been revealed by SC backers in the main reddit

LOL. So he decided to test the validity of the accusation that r/starcitizen was too much of an echo chamber by blocking users to create even more of an echo chamber for himself? Well OK.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2322 on: July 08, 2020, 06:08:13 AM »
lmao! Those guys are broken-brained, remember? So this is all perfectly normal.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2323 on: July 08, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
The guy who has been facilitating grey market sales for those who want out on the refunds sun is reporting that the market is terrible for sellers now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/hnl97f/grey_market_update

Anecdotal I know, but could be a bit of a barometer of the health of the project.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2324 on: July 09, 2020, 03:15:39 AM »
The guy who has been facilitating grey market sales for those who want out on the refunds sun is reporting that the market is terrible for sellers now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/hnl97f/grey_market_update

Anecdotal I know, but could be a bit of a barometer of the health of the project.

Or a barometer for the overal financial situation.
As everyone else i was baffled about CIGs reported JPEG sales, as i'd not thought they'd raise. Sooo... all around strange.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk