Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075835 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2385 on: August 21, 2020, 01:57:48 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

McDrake

« Reply #2386 on: August 22, 2020, 08:02:28 AM »
I like Mike.
:)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2388 on: August 24, 2020, 09:55:17 AM »
Meanwhile, over at the water cooler

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/food-for-thought-for-cig-staff-this-year-s-crowdfu/3333507

Let's see CIGs trackrecord of financial reporting was basically "We wouldn't need any further funds to finish this game" - at around 2016, when all levels were playable and the release of SQ42 was just around the corner... So yeah, completly believe their words.
But then again, people also seem to misjudge what these audits would show. I mean Czech Brothel trips or Business Oktoberfest Meetings have been quite normal, though i still wonder how some company filed it when they didn't let the fire debt. enter their premise, as they didn't want to have their visting CEO see/hear them as they felt they could lead him in a way that he wouldn't recognize parts of their production bruning -_-

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2389 on: August 24, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »
The thing that most as missing is that while he may have more than 50% of the shares, thus keeping him in charge, he definitely has less than 75% now because of the $17.25M which they raised this past Mar. Curiously, unlike their Dec 2019 disclosure of the $47M bailout from Summer 2018, they didn't disclose how many shares he now has. Instead you have to do the math in the UK filings for those shares,.

wiser3754

« Reply #2390 on: August 24, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »
Wanna know what irrelevancy looks like? Look no further than the shrinking violet that is BoredGamer and his ever diminishing views per video.
He now wants your -viewers- help to throw him ideas as reporting every little nugget of CIG news and using the same marketing footage over and over again is getting . . . How should we say? Boring?!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 04:25:22 PM by wiser3754 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2391 on: August 25, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »
Wanna know what irrelevancy looks like? Look no further than the shrinking violet that is BoredGamer and his ever diminishing views per video.
He now wants your -viewers- help to throw him ideas as reporting every little nugget of CIG news and using the same marketing footage over and over again is getting . . . How should we say? Boring?!

It's almost as if hitching your hobby to a train wreck was a bad idea.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2392 on: August 26, 2020, 12:38:06 AM »
It's almost as if hitching your hobby to a train wreck was a bad idea.

Lol

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2393 on: September 04, 2020, 05:29:06 AM »
The funnies are coming in droves now

Star Citizen figured out by streamer's wife

Alright, imagine this. You've been playing a game for 6 years, it's your job to entertain with it, and to stop playing probably means unemployment, but you've done everything 20,000 times and it is joyless.

That's a streamer's nightmare. It's a hard choice I had to make.

Stopping with SC was the right choice for me. My streams this summer have been better. SC's progress might be OK for a backer, but as a creator there isn't enough game to support 6 years of daily shows. Almost everyone I know from the old days is either out or just touches base.

Viewers who only stop by when I try to keep streaming SC probably HAVE seen me miserable. I tried to force it. There's enough for newer casters, but I squeezed that content dry long ago.

So I stopped. The streams are more fun. The lights are still on, the world didn't end.

I still love SC. Love the idea, love the devs, love the community. If they get it out, it's still the ultimate dream game for me. It's why I started. But I finally realized clinging to vapors of content was doing more harm than good.

I'll be back in when there's new gameplay.

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1301608869165240321

wiser3754

« Reply #2394 on: September 05, 2020, 06:28:16 AM »
"I'll be back when there's new gameplay". Perhaps he should see this video about 3.11 being gutted. It's gonna be a long wait!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2395 on: September 11, 2020, 05:43:18 AM »
CR apparently (the jury is out on whether it's him or not) showed up to prove he's not MIA by posting about a system that's not even working : rooms

And hilarity ensues.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/atmospheric-room-system-4-years-later/3366236

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2396 on: September 12, 2020, 03:24:25 AM »
CR apparently (the jury is out on whether it's him or not) showed up to prove he's not MIA by posting about a system that's not even working : rooms

And hilarity ensues.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/atmospheric-room-system-4-years-later/3366236

His second post is really hilarious:

"My biggest disappointment with modern internet discourse is that there's a significant amount of cynicism, especially in forum or reddit debates, and a portion of people assume the worst. If a feature is missing, late or buggy it's because the company or the developer lied and or / is incompetent as opposed to the fact that it just took longer and had more problems than the team thought it would when they originally set out to build it. [...]"

Yeah... that cynicism might not have anything to do with some developers lying repeatedly about release dates or the status of some projects or anything... nah...  :emot-iiam:

"Star Citizen already has the main gameloops of a space sim; cargo hauling, commodity trading, mercenary, pirate, bounty hunting and mining. Just spending time refining and finishing out these would make Star Citizen with all it's detail and fidelity more engrossing than any "finished" space sim you can play today."

And so it begins... the ol' "We could publish it now and call it finished as it is already full game!"-dance.   :emot-snoop:

"Switching the roadmap format was something that I made a priority for us at the start of the year when it was clear that the current roadmap format wasn't helping, especially as the teams really didn't want to commit until absolutely definitely their feature would make it, which you'll normally only know about six weeks before release, due to the vitriol they would see when a task was pushed back, despite our best efforts to get everyone that looks at the current Road Map to read and acknowledge the caveats ( https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info ) which explicitly say some of the tasks are likely to slip[...]"

So 8+ months to implement a new visualization of something you should internally already have. Not to mention whining about people getting iritated by them not delivering what they promised.  :emot-bravo:

---
But hey, having seen a more complex atmosphere simulation than describes in at least 3 games already (SpaceStation13, SpaceEngineers, Stationeers) and how that seems to need quite a bit of computing, i can't wait to see how his server frames die if he'd actually set this "paused" system into motion... Well or how much of a shitshow bad simulation it would be to spare CPU cycles...

wiser3754

« Reply #2397 on: September 12, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »

"No compromise". So no relese date then? Thanks for clearing it up BG whose views per video continue to remain low.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2398 on: September 14, 2020, 03:25:24 AM »
Nice to see the angry backers dragged him out of his hidey hole.

I love the way he goes on a long rant about being constructive when unless people are angry they never get a response  :laugh:

Also proceeds to call it an early alpha that won't take 10-20 years to develop (it's almost 10 already!) Im betting he means 30 haha.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2399 on: September 14, 2020, 09:09:31 AM »
Meanwhile over there, someone responded to his latest diatribe. It’s hilarious.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/irjyin/an_open_letter_to_chris_roberts_and_his_bullshit/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk