Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075598 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2400 on: September 15, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2401 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:47 AM »
Meanwhile over there, someone decided to check out the free fly after not playing the game for about 12 months. The results are the sort of thing that lol milking is about.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/l-rttp-star-citizen-go-to-hurston-cave-or-die-trying.286382/

Best comment in his entire missive:

I never once encountered another player”  :stonk:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #2402 on: September 15, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
He made 6 attempts to play this work in progress or an "impressive early alpha". And yet, as pointed out, never saw another player. You'd have better luck encountering a player in ED than this one star system game!

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2403 on: September 16, 2020, 01:01:02 AM »
I mean i like that they see the problems. But most people seemingly don't care overly for CIG having spend something like the budget of ~1,5 fully fleshed out AAA MMOs (SWTOR ~200 mill), while SC not yet having left the first prototype, nah even design phase - for its networking.
The best way to judge something you're not all to familiar with is taking something similar and compare it to that - and in that mind i've yet to find another game project that slowly developing (well besides Duke Nukem Forever and likely Freelancer).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2404 on: September 30, 2020, 06:36:31 AM »
Farking hell! RIP Grey market. lmao

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #2405 on: September 30, 2020, 08:52:12 AM »
Farking hell! RIP Grey market. lmao

I'm trying to understand what the angle is for CI to limit them? My only thought is that they are hoping to stop the grey market sales to force people to the store. I do not believe though that the stopping of the grey market would drive sales.

krylite

« Reply #2406 on: September 30, 2020, 09:52:36 AM »
imo, screwed up from the start, with their offering overpriced pay2win, many .jpeg ships, and as their main revenue source, just that they got away with it too long than any scammy game project ever did, or would be considered just plain outrageous practices if not enabled for years from the sunk cult.

As for the limit and lack of support in this father gifting case. Maybe just plain non-support, or lack of staff oversight, as in can't be bothered to facilitate a gifting of a new particular ship.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:08:23 AM by krylite »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2407 on: September 30, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »
I'm trying to understand what the angle is for CI to limit them? My only thought is that they are hoping to stop the grey market sales to force people to the store. I do not believe though that the stopping of the grey market would drive sales.

One possible take.
Another take would be compliance to some countermeasures some governmental agency might have proposed to them, after having looked into some legal problems that haven arisen through gifting (though i think that's the less likely).

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2408 on: September 30, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #2409 on: September 30, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »
The refunds sub are saying it is a hoax:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/j2ocf3/the_gifting_change_was_a_hoax/

Interesting have to pull the image into ps and take a close look. I would not be surprised if they tried this since the motivation is money.

Wanted for sometime to edit this with Chris and lawyer friend but have not gotten to it.

wiser3754

« Reply #2410 on: October 06, 2020, 12:45:50 PM »

Yup. Pretty much. Even my interactions with a few of the backers in the comments weren't particularly thrilled about the "progess" that's being made.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2411 on: October 06, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »
Yup. Pretty much. Even my interactions with a few of the backers in the comments weren't particularly thrilled about the "progess" that's being made.

So, par for the course then.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2412 on: October 06, 2020, 02:36:38 PM »
Latest from TheAgent

hello

recent “big ask” for another round of investments

this will include another round of monies for advertising

this ask also includes a large amount directly to Turbulent

Turbulent currently handles some networking, level design, gameplay design and more for SC

“We are not working on anything related to Squadron 42. That is all being handled by Wilmslow.”

more and more of SC proper to be turned over to Turbulent

it has been a “rough transition” and still in process

starting this quarter, expect “a more detailed, polished and presentable roadmap” from Turbulent

unknown if this transition will be announced

“We don’t know how are fans are going to react, but Chris is still heavily involved in the project.”

Turbulent “only adding help” not “taking away development” from CI

“We are the same company, the same people, the same ones that have been working [on SC] this whole time.”

some Turbulent employees feel sad about only being referred to as “the website guys”

“Loads of us play the game, love the game, fixed bugs, [and] have helped make gameplay decisions.”

the stalled progress this year has made some management nervous about new deadlines

internally, SC is considered a live game and released [again, heard this years ago]

SQ42 “proper” is at least another 24 to 36 months out

as more and more new hires are brought in to replace devs, the code base gets more and more unstable.

“Almost no one is documenting. Almost no one talks to each other. We nod like bobbleheads, mute like carps.”

wiser3754

« Reply #2413 on: October 06, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »
"Recent "big ask" for another round of investments." *facepalm* There is CitizenCon coming. Oh wait, let me correct that. WAS coming.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2414 on: October 07, 2020, 01:23:47 AM »
SQ42 “proper” is at least another 24 to 36 months out

Surprised face.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk