Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075985 times)

Motto

Re: Sad Citizens
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »
I'm getting to the point now that I really want to see CIG come crashing down. Let this just be over so we can watch how the remaining idiots handle that. That'll be fun  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
SoTA backers looking for a refund, now using Star Citizen article & Reddit refunds page for guidance
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »

9) LOL!! Apparently having no credit rating means you can still get business loans

So who remembers the OSC thread above?

Well, Goons found this old Lesnick post:

"at the end of the day we have to keep bringing in some amount of revenue to operate the way we are right now. That's not because we haven't raised a heck of a lot of money... but there are a number of fairly dull business reasons why it has to continue in some way (the largest has to do with, per my understanding, credit... anyone remember how hard it was to secure the lease in Austin with such an odd business model?" - Ben Lesnick, 2015

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Sober Citizens(Those who took the blue pill)
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
Concierge (big bux) backer is out.  I hope you'll welcome me to the "dirty leavers club"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2017, 04:58:20 AM »
In case you didn't see my Tweets, OldSchoolCmdr is back!. And he wrote 3 books (1, 23)

All his Reddit comments.

In case you missed his previous, go back to p3 of this thread, where it all started back in May.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:59:55 AM by dsmart »

Ghostmaker

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
In case you didn't see my Tweets, OldSchoolCmdr is back!. And he wrote 3 books (1, 23)

All his Reddit comments.

In case you missed his previous, go back to p3 of this thread, where it all started back in May.

Jesus on a nuclear-powered pogo stick. If people aren't at least a little twitchy now, there's no explaining it to them.

I just hope the fallout doesn't hit crowdfunding in general at this rate. I know, I know, Doc, you've stated it shouldn't. There's just a LOT of money involved in this mess, and governments LOVE to get their grubby little hands involved when there's lots of money.

Kinda sad though. I played Freelancer and actually enjoyed it, but you could tell it had been cauterized into the game it was. CR reminds me of people who brag about 'vision' and 'the big picture'... but don't realize that details are how you get those big pictures realized. The line about 'don't sweat the small stuff' is stupid; it should be 'don't sweat the big picture; focus on getting the details and the big picture will resolve accordingly'.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »
They are mostly in denial.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-loan-coutts-and-co

Question remains why they need such a small loan now (tax rebate is estimate below $5 million) and why they had to give the bank a floating charge and negative pledge. It's not currency exchange rate, that is the biggest bullshit i ever heard because neither CIG nor the Bank knows how the pound will develop and it might even cost CIG more if the pound recovers.

Floating Charge means that from now on everything F42 UK does is covered as collateral even if it does not exist yet. They create a new ship, it's automatically part of the collateral. Which extends to Star Citizen. The exclusion of Star Citizen is in name only (the IP).

Negative Pledge means that F42UK and parent company can not get any other loans. If for example CIG US would try to get a loan in the US and send money to CIG UK they would be in breach of contract and default on the loan.

This is typically only done for bailout loans. Never for a simple advance on tax were you typically only put up the tax credit as security and maybe a savings account.

The Bank obviously thought that there is a good chance CIG will not make it to the end of the fiscal year to get the tax rebate and therefor asked them to put up everything. This is a private Bank that knows when to make profit and it is pretty obvious that they have attached a very high interest rate on this and hope CIG will default.

Meowz

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
Add 1k to the refund pile that I pulled out.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2017, 04:46:57 AM »
Add 1k to the refund pile that I pulled out.

Noyce!! If it's not too much trouble, be sure to let the gang know over at http://reddit.com/r/StarCitizen_Refunds/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:55:30 AM by dsmart »

Ghostmaker

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »
ALERT!!! OldSchoolCmdr is back and posting again! He wrote two books.  :vince:

Also says Star Citizen isn't a scam, compares me to Harry Markopolos
That's a nice compliment when you get down to it.

However, OSC's cautions about 'it's not a scam... yet' are warranted. Hence my #5 conclusion (project collapses but no legal action sticks).

I really wonder what happens after the end, though. CIG pretty much has to draw a straight flush to win this, and I don't see it happening. It should be a salutary lesson about the dangers of hype, and promising the moon but failing to deliver. Even if CIG and CR avoid legal action, why would any sane person give them money ever again if the game tanks?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2017, 05:38:55 AM »
That's a nice compliment when you get down to it.

However, OSC's cautions about 'it's not a scam... yet' are warranted. Hence my #5 conclusion (project collapses but no legal action sticks).

Yeah, he is sticking to the legal definition and ramifications of whether or not it is a scam. I see what he means though. e.g. you could say that your bank is scamming you by opening accounts in your name without approval. Wells Fargo did that for years without being caught. Then they got caught. Same thing with credit reporting bureaus which have an incentive to keep incorrect and/or false info in your credit profile because then their subscribers (banks, investment companies, utility companies etc) then can charge your higher fees. Until they kept getting caught. And just a few days ago on July 1st, after a bunch of them got caught doing scammy shit, the govt again changed the FCRA, fined them, and new rules (liens and similar no longer in credit profiles without certain info) went into place. Same thing with AT&T, and other companies charging hidden fees which are completely unrelated to your account. All of those things are "scams", but until there is legal action, they can get away with it.

So I think that's what he is saying in the case of Star Citizen. That we can all continue to call it scam as much as we want, but it won't be true unless and until there is legal action that says and proves it to be a scam. He also made a follow-up post where he was explaining under what circumstances it would all come to a head.

I really wonder what happens after the end, though. CIG pretty much has to draw a straight flush to win this, and I don't see it happening. It should be a salutary lesson about the dangers of hype, and promising the moon but failing to deliver. Even if CIG and CR avoid legal action, why would any sane person give them money ever again if the game tanks?

They won't avoid legal action. It's already clear that they can't build the game promised. What's going to happen is that investors and banks will lose their money. The backers who stay in, will probably make some noise, and a few of those who can afford it, will probably get attorneys and go for a class action suit. Even if none of that happens, I have every reason to believe that the State and/or Fed authorities will get involved at some point when (not if) the project comes to an end.

At the end of the day, those higher ups involved in the game, will be finished in the industry. But of course they could always place the blame on Chris behind the scenes.

Either way, I see Chris, Sandi, and Ortwin all getting sued here in the US. I don't know what will happen in the UK, but for an international company, if the Feds do get involved, it could spread over there. It's not like they didn't also have issues with the FCA in the past over the Gizmondo issue.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
So today's drama from the clowns over on /r/ds

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6nbpp3/derek_changed_the_name_of_his_game_on_youtube_to/

That's a year old video btw that's on our channel: youtube.com/c/3000ADGAMESCHANNEL

Apparently if you don't add a game tag (in the advanced settings), YT gets clever and auto-tags it.

Shockingly, a 1year old video, got tagged as "Star Citizen"

What our neighborhood clowns saw:

https://archive.is/6OJHv.jpg

The reality:

Without manual game tag:

With manual game tag:

They are consistently self-owning themselves now. No Goon prompting required.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:39:51 PM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk