Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076688 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Sad Citizens
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:11 AM »
Wth? How is this my fault? FF to 1:48

Well, that's obvious I'd say. CIG was a very open, userfriendly environment where the backers were all equal partners to Chris. Development was in the open, backer participation was the highest goal and full disclosure of everything going on at CIG was the second most important thing in this universe. Making the BDSSE being the first most important thing in the universe of course. So no problems.

But then came Derek and he started saying some nasty things. And since then, CIG decided to keep everything to themselves and only treating backers as people who should give them more money. And because of Derek, they stopped making the BDSSE and they don't want to make love to the backers anymore. The CIG universe has collapsed because Derek once said that he didn't like Chris. I see her point.

The fact that this whole game gradually had to turn into an money grabbing Ponzi scheme because Chris is an utter moron, that of course has nothing to do how backers now are treated by CIG. No no, nothing a all. It's all because of Derek.

:laugh:  :lol:  :five: :five: :five:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »
Seriously guys, we're going to make anti-trans insults here now? Don't be shitbags.

Yeah no. That's why I censored it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
I didn't mean to insult a transgender / transgenders in general. I even have one in my personal circle.

If Batgirl is indeed is a transgender my comment could be seen as a personal insult. I had no intention to, so I've removed the remark.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:14:06 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
The Star Citizen fire rages on Reddit "8 months delay is disingenuous."

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Motto

« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
The major change now is that the backer community will not accept a repeat from last year's events. Most of them seem to be anticipating a major disappointment. Where CR had still some credits (or at least the benefit of the doubt) left in 2016, not much has remained. It's the endgame now. The only way to survive this is to give the backers what they want, a working game. And that's the one thing CR can't produce. A working game. Backers won't stand for more nice words, fancy demo's and long-term future development statements. No more.

CIG might try to back-out of Games Com very last minute. No showing up there because Chris and Sandy have a severe case of food poisoning or something like that. And then hoping they do can produce something at Shitizencon.

Anyway, it's time to expect the towel in the ring. Game over...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:12:41 PM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2017, 07:24:24 PM »
The major change now is that the backer community will not accept a repeat from last year's events. Most of them seem to be anticipating a major disappointment. Where CR had still some credits (or at least the benefit of the doubt) left in 2016, not much has remained. It's the endgame now. The only way to survive this is to give the backers what they want, a working game. And that's the one thing CR can't produce. A working game. Backers won't stand for more nice words, fancy demo's and long-term future development statements. No more.

CIG might try to back-out of Games Com very last minute. No showing up there because Chris and Sandy have a severe case of food poisoning or something like that. And then hoping they do can produce something at Shitizencon.

Reading a lot of the replies there suggests that these people will accept almost anything short of a collapse of CIG.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

That may be the case, but Chris is arrogant, so I fully expect him to show up at GamesCom.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »

Reading a lot of the replies there suggests that these people will accept almost anything short of a collapse of CIG.

Well they won't have much longer to wait.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:09 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2017, 09:01:08 AM »
LOL!!! This popped up on my Discord channel earlier this morning. OSC is back. And he wrote another book.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2017, 09:26:15 AM »
I am a Star Citizen fan, which is why I'm asking you to stop giving CIG money

Yeah, too late. $155M is gone. If funding stops, the project dies quicker. I 100% guarantee it.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2017, 10:05:08 AM »
LOL!!! This popped up on my Discord channel earlier this morning. OSC is back. And he wrote another book.
Who's 'nielsenwashere' and why does he keep thinking OSC is you? (aside from 'anyone giving extensive critique of SC must be Derek Smart')

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
Who's 'nielsenwashere' and why does he keep thinking OSC is you? (aside from 'anyone giving extensive critique of SC must be Derek Smart')

No clue. We just ignore those guys now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »
Meanwhile, this is new...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1209438-Megathread-Star-Citizen?p=46699369&viewfull=1#post46699369

Derek Smart was right about many of the issues he could foresee. The real issue is how Chris & co decided to communicate regarding the game. Derek Smart really succeeded in poisoning the water to the point where Chris always pretends like everything is almost ready and will not discuss concerns. He is trying his best to hide them because he doesn't want them in Derek's hands.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk