Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076039 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Sad Citizens
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »
Meanwhile, this is new...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1209438-Megathread-Star-Citizen?p=46699369&viewfull=1#post46699369

Derek Smart was right about many of the issues he could foresee. The real issue is how Chris & co decided to communicate regarding the game. Derek Smart really succeeded in poisoning the water to the point where Chris always pretends like everything is almost ready and will not discuss concerns. He is trying his best to hide them because he doesn't want them in Derek's hands.

"It's pretty ironic that Chris in his response to Derek and The Escapist said: "Star Citizen will speak for itself". I guess it kind of does? A "game" run by a company that feeds their backers so much crap during events and can't be honest about anything.
"
I like thIS.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2017, 03:48:30 AM »
'Star Citizen will speak for itself'.

Sure, that's why they got Escapist to take down a prize-winning article criticizing SC's development cycle.

:psyduck:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:22 AM »

Sure, that's why they got Escapist to take down a prize-winning article criticizing SC's development cycle.

As I wrote in The Money Laundromat, the owners of The Escapist didn't want to spend money on legal bills fighting CIG. So they came to a mutual agreement that they would take down the article, if CIG took down their threats and Roberts' infantile diatribe.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »

As I wrote in The Money Laundromat, the owners of The Escapist didn't want to spend money on legal bills fighting CIG. So they came to a mutual agreement that they would take down the article, if CIG took down their threats and Roberts' infantile diatribe.

I wasn't clear there.

If Star Citizen could 'speak for itself', why bother threatening Defy Media with legal action? The best revenge is success, I've found.

That thing with Defy could've gone SEVERELY pear shaped for CIG. Their action was what Popehat refers to as 'shutuppery', and there's a number of lawyers who really don't like it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2017, 04:23:25 AM »

I wasn't clear there.

If Star Citizen could 'speak for itself', why bother threatening Defy Media with legal action? The best revenge is success, I've found.

That thing with Defy could've gone SEVERELY pear shaped for CIG. Their action was what Popehat refers to as 'shutuppery', and there's a number of lawyers who really don't like it.

Oh right, yeah. That's why my attorneys and I just laugh at Ortwin's nonsense.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »
*moved*

So, another backer has seen the light. More and more are getting there, slowly but steadily. Finally, Chris is on the right track  :smuggo:

Yeah, I was reading that thread earlier today. A LOT of them are waking up, and I don't believe that even 3.0 is going to appease anyone but the hardcore....and the money launderers  :smuggo:

Motto

« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »
The thing is, are there enough money launderers around to keep CIG afloat? One wonders...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »
The thing is, are there enough money launderers around to keep CIG afloat? One wonders...

Well there are at least and average of 2000 whales who keep buying stuff. So  :shrug:

Motto

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
Even the "official funding chart" now is showing the downfall. Whatever mechanics they have to generate those (fake) numbers, even the scripts cannot compensate for the dwindling number of people actually paying over and over again for stuff that just won't be delivered. I can't wait to see what they'll try to sell at Games Com, or when they'll announce. Starting another sale before showing anything else might be dangerous. It's just pushing the backers to their limits. But starting another sale after having to admit that they have nothing tangible or dumping another BS load of R&D demo clips won't work either. I have a feeling that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Without an actual working 3.0 that has some real body to it, they're fucked.

We have made no progress whatsoever in the last year. At least, nothing that we can give to you, the backers. Sorry. But hey, luckily, you can buy a new ship! Another nice picture for your JPEG collection.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:08:08 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
Even the "official funding chart" now is showing the downfall. Whatever mechanics they have to generate those (fake) numbers, even the scripts cannot compensate for the dwindling number of people actually paying over and over again for stuff that just won't be delivered. I can't wait to see what they'll try to sell at Games Com, or when they'll announce. Starting another sale before showing anything else might be dangerous. It's just pushing the backers to their limits. But starting another sale after having to admit that they have nothing tangible or dumping another BS load of R&D demo clips won't work either. I have a feeling that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Without an actual working 3.0 that has some real body to it, they're fucked.

We have made no progress whatsoever in the last year. At least, nothing that we can give to you, the backers. Sorry. But hey, luckily, you can buy a new ship! Another nice picture for your JPEG collection.

My sources tell me that there WILL be a sale during GamesCom. Wait for my Aug 22nd article.  :smuggo:

Motto

« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
I didn't doubt that for a minute. The best, if any, moment to announce that sale, that's my main wondering. Besides the nerve you must have to do it. But, no choice of course, 'cause, you know, money. You have it, we don't. So give!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2017, 08:38:41 AM »
Star Citizen's best shills weigh in on Gorf's chart

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164676343?t=01h07m45s

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2017, 11:24:53 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »
Guard Frequency Episode 179 | CIG, Lies and Videotape http://guardfrequency.com/179

Mental Gymnastics & lols:

13:00 - I am not surprised or upset by the delay at all. At least it's only couple weeks delay instead of months
13:50 - Chris has a secret schedule in his head. The public schedule is to motivate devs to work harder
16:15 - "CIG always lies" "Chris Roberts always lies" but it's a good thing because,
16:30 - there is a complex strategy that we don't understand from the outside. CIG moves in mysterious ways
18:45 - We've had to make stuff up for 9 months while we wait for the something playable to come out
19:30 - [CONCERN] Uhh where's mining? 3.0 is supposedly 6 weeks away and we haven't seen any gameplay of Trading or Cargo
23:15 - 3.0 will come out, with uhh... features
27:00 - Chris is a perfectionist, but only on visual stuff. Bugs are fine

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2017, 06:42:55 AM »
If you needed more evidence that the denizens of /r/ds are complete morons, this should do it. Then they decided to branch out.

Considering the reception of the original Facebook post, well, you be the judge.

They're not even trying anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk