Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077011 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:04 AM »
You have to read this thread. Seriously, if you have time, just do it. It's getting upvoted. When you see what it's about, and you start wondering WHY it's getting upvoted, all will be clear why these guys are completely oblivious to the fact that they're being scammed. :psyduck:

We shouldn't call our moons/planets procedural; They are handcrafted
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
They are so dumb, if you tell them you can travel to the sun if you only fly at night, they start calculating how long it would take...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2017, 05:05:14 AM »
They are so dumb, if you tell them you can travel to the sun if you only fly at night, they start calculating how long it would take...

It beggars belief. Sometimes I really wonder if this project has simply tapped into the dumbest group of gamers in history. Sure, not all of them are like that, but man.  :magical:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »
This is some serious broken-brained shit right here. The Journey so far, backing Star Citizen

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
Not sure if the 10 bux SA paywall is up, but Gorf wrote this.

Derek is a heat sink for misdirected backer frustration and rage. It's funny how elegantly this has worked out.

1) Derek feeds off the contempt of furious detractors, knowing that the angrier they are at him, the more he's succeeded at consuming their thoughts and tormenting their spirits. (They're writing novels daily about a person they claim has no talent and no consequence. Yet his consequence is proven by the extent of their efforts at disproving it for his talent is trolling.)

2) Backers are rightly pissed and need an outlet. Chris, given his affable disposition and starry-eyed proclamations, will always be the backers "right" choice in a false dichotomy pick between himself and Derek. As long as Derek shares the stage with Chris, Chris is the easy pick for backers. They "win" a false choice based on favorability of personality.

3) Chris benefits greatly from the theatrical villainy of Derek's trolling, for it keeps Chris from sharing the stage with his TRUE mortal enemy, that being yesterday's Chris and his attendant claims and promises. This allows present Chris to keep LARPing as Future Chris, Director of the Most Ambitious Game in History, and channeling his energies and attentions into the next commercial or demo for that game. The more fidelitous the better, he's trying to brute force his way into the Pantheon of Modern Gaming Gods via his usual overcompensation techniques (polycount overkill, competitor feature oneupmanship, perpetual tinkering with finished assets, etc.) "Please God let me run out this string a little longer... My guys in Frankfurt, I just know they can crack this nut, turn lead into gold and save this thing... just a little more time... Pleeeease?"

4) Goons are cockroaches and can subsist off such a wide variety of garbage that the above three sources - Chris lols, Derek lols, backer lols - will keep them feeding and sometimes feasting.

There's little that's especially healthy about this ecosystem. It's a bizarrely efficient and self-sustaining set of loops fueled by the dysfunctions and unfulfilled longings of its constituent players. It shall continue as it has until the unbearable tensions straining Chris's infernal machine either blow it apart (as skeptics predict) or are relieved via The Long Awaited Breakthrough that finally sees the machine spitting out the Promethean fire Chris promised to steal from the heavens and deliver.

The quiet drama lost behind the hugely entertaining sideshow is a race, with present Chris huffing and puffing to escape past Chris while charging people to convince them he's Future Chris -- he's hoping against hope that if he keeps it up long enough it might eventually come true.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2017, 09:27:53 AM »
Courtesy of Virtual Captain (the keeper of Star Citizen Tracker) over on SA

Guard Frequency Episode 180 http://guardfrequency.com/180

Interesting bits:
30:40 - Talking about GORF's The 9 voices of the Star Citizen debate
33:50 - Classivies self between "believer" and "evangelist"
34:30 - "believer"
34:50 - I've moved to "skeptic"
35:00 - 4th guy? between "skeptic" and "agnostic"
36:30 - Elite has my attention till SC releases in 5 or 6 years

--feedback section--
42:30 - oh that dudes a skeptic, oh this guy is a believer. Oh this next feedback is an evangelist
45:10 - loosely transcribed feedback from someone named 'proxy thoughts' that I couldn't find posted anywhere.
"I would like to deposit a new item to the list of items on why they are missing goals. Intentional Obfuscation. What I mean by that is a calculated risk weighing how much they will annoy and anger fans over when planned dates fail purely in hopes of keeping people busy enough not to remember all the stuff they've quietly removed from the schedule. Or an even better example, the phenomenon of CIG's continuing erratas 3.0 timeline and everyone bleeding out their dissatisfaction with yet another slide, while not even thinking of the first chapter of Squadron 42 that was promised, and look that's not even on the schedule anymore. It hasn't even been whispered about since they failed to deliver it almost a year ago and yanked it "at the last minute" Which I would expect to mean it was very close to complete.
No matter the case, even if all the dates they put forward were earnest, which I am certain they are not. CIG's and especially Chris Roberts' projected dates are about as reliable as the weather forecast, which puts predictions in solid runnings with the local palm reader. The point is you can bet on one thing, it's all an elaborate ruse to net in your money."

47:50 - 3.0 needs to be stable or the media is gonna rip CIG a new one
50:20 - Derek's tweet. "Where are we gonna put Derek on the wheel?" "For the record, the feedback and conversations I've had with this particular listener have actually been rather pleasant I have to say. Derek, keep listening, thanks for being a fan, I look forward to more rather pleasant interactions and discussions in the future."
[/quote]

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2017, 05:58:41 AM »
Once in awhile, some crazy shit pops up in my GoogleAlerts emails

Derek Smart Was Right - 4chan

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2017, 05:19:38 AM »
Words fail me.  :sigh:

Ho Lee Cow! These guys truly are dense, and deserve to be scammed.  :cripes:

Motto

« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2017, 06:52:54 AM »
Sure, I will get three days of total exposure with utter crap on the biggest game event of the year and then, on the last minute of the last day, I'll show something better.   :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2017, 04:23:12 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »
Meanwhile over there <--- it's hilarious. Those disastrous RemindMe never fail to amuse when they are triggered

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk