Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074225 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
The pc invasion article doesn't exist anymore - do you have an archive version of it so I can read it please? Thanks.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170406022710/https://www.pcinvasion.com/squadron-42-fund-star-citizen-cash
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2017, 08:38:32 AM »
Well, I do feel sorry for them, as for most staff at CIG. They are just people trying to earn a living. Not all of them are part of the scam that Chris is running. Probably some of them even don't know what is going on. So in that regard, I do not want to see CIG collapse. The human aspect remains that some 300 people will lose their jobs. But you didn't back Scam Shitizen to pay for other people's income. You want the game. And that's why this scam should stop.

I was sacked twice and made redundant twice in five years in my 20's.   All from degree plus level professional jobs , 3 of which were Blue Chips. None of those were remotely my fault and I had skills and experience in demand too.

This is the world of work.

But sure it isn't a nice thing to happen to people but quite frankly if you work for CIG you do have acces to what is going on far more readily than most people do in their jobs in other industries.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:40:33 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:59 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
I just posted the link, nothing more. No comments, nothing. Just the link. See how some jump on it  :D

Oh, and somebody connected the dots.... motto and mjotto. Kudo's guys, like I did hide it or something  :doh:

23 unread messages overthere. That 9 minute is killing me. Anyway, away now. Come on Derek, spill the beans already  :supaburn:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:59:17 AM by Motto »

Orgetorix

« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »
I just posted the link, nothing more. No comments, nothing. Just the link. See how some jump on it  :D

Oh, and somebody connected the dots.... motto and mjotto. Kudo's guys, like I did hide it or something  :doh:

23 unread messages overthere. That 9 minute is killing me. Anyway, away now. Come on Derek, spill the beans already  :supaburn:

Ah don't pressure him, I'm sure he gave verbal agreements to the people he talked to that he wouldn't leak what they were telling him in a personally identifiable manner. NDA's and all you know the spiel. At the least from this you know Derek follows a code of conduct, and ethics to a degree that makes Croberts look like the amoral A-Hole he is...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »

Ah don't pressure him, I'm sure he gave verbal agreements to the people he talked to that he wouldn't leak what they were telling him in a personally identifiable manner. NDA's and all you know the spiel. At the least from this you know Derek follows a code of conduct, and ethics to a degree that makes Croberts look like the amoral A-Hole he is...

I have always maintained that I will never publicly post anything that sources told me not to reveal. I have well placed sources and I know a lot of things that are not even public, for that very reason. I'm just a blogger who isn't profiting from, nor have anything to gain from any of this. So I have no incentive to jump the gun.

As an example, I knew for exactly 11 days, that 3.0 was "non-existent" and that "Croberts went to GC2016" and lied. I also knew that the demo was full blown R&D and wasn't actual 3.0 gameplay code. I never revealed any of those things until I was given the all clear because only very few people had knowledge of it before Croberts went on stage. If you check the timeline, as soon as he was done with his lies, I started writing about all those three things. All of which came true. Most glaring ones were the R&D demo (which they later confessed to), as well as the state of 3.0 when Croberts lied about it.

The SQ42 leak was hilarious because I had reported that months before that it was neither going to be shown, let alone released in 2016. And ahead of the show, I repeated that. Shitizens went nuclear. Then I was right - again. And the same thing happened this year.

Right now, what I'm sitting on is highly explosive, and even only a select few Goons already (in the past 24hrs) know a small part of it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/906168038705201157

Orgetorix

« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
All I have to say is when this shit show finally ends, you have to write a book. You can put me down for a copy. My only request is that you somehow work :gary: on to the cover in holographic foil...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »
All I have to say is when this shit show finally ends, you have to write a book. You can put me down for a copy. My only request is that you somehow work :gary: on to the cover in holographic foil...

I already wrote a book. Been working on it since early 2016 and about 95% finished. I am not going to publish (Amazon) it until the final curtain.

Orgetorix

« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »

I already wrote a book. Been working on it since early 2016 and about 95% finished. I am not going to publish (Amazon) it until the final curtain.

Good deal, you'll have a sale from me. So have you thought about that cover yet???

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »

Good deal, you'll have a sale from me. So have you thought about that cover yet???

Yup, already have a cover and everything.  :smuggo:

Motto

« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »
And, of course, a huge discount for those guys I assume?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
And, of course, a huge discount for those guys I assume?

I'd give them all a free copy because the tears would be worth their price in Gold.

Motto

« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »
But if they want a cover, they have to pay for it. Because that's such a nice JPEG  :D

StanTheMan

« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »

It would be a nice touch imho to get one of CIGs fired artists to design the cover...

Then Derek could get him/her to do it again 478.63 times.

Orgetorix

« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »
:damn: That was quick, snapshot already posted over at r/ds...

http://archive.is/gjRkl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk