Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075910 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
We still think it's him using a VPN. Don't worry, we're still on it. He's going to trip soon enough since there are only so many IP addresses available to VPN hosts, and I already installed server tools for this.

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

:lol: He's going to be so triggered when he reads this  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #331 on: September 13, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
Three Star Citizen whales just refunded three Completionist packages to the tune of $45K :vince:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:25:46 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:14 PM »
We still think it's him using a VPN. Don't worry, we're still on it. He's going to trip soon enough since there are only so many IP addresses available to VPN hosts, and I already installed server tools for this.

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

As a recruitment consultant I had already made the feminine trait connection.

Motto

« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2017, 04:43:02 PM »
Maybe it's Batgirl?  :wave:

Moeis

« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2017, 05:27:42 PM »

Moeis

« Reply #335 on: September 13, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »

Triggered by a post from some random anonymous person?
https://media.giphy.com/media/Fml0fgAxVx1eM/giphy.gif

StanTheMan

« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »

Moeis

« Reply #337 on: September 13, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »
Three Star Citizen whales just refunded three Completionist packages to the tune of $45K :vince:

Now that is what I am talking about, they provided screenshots that can lead to credibility that the story is true.

Don't blame that group for getting a refund.  Like I have said, nobody should ever spend more on a crowdfunded game than they are willing to lose, cause there are no guarantees.  If you are someone with even a tiny bit of doubt and you see your money as something you can't fathom to lose, then you better get a refund, otherwise it might eat at you, and it is not worth being eaten at like that over a game.

Moeis

« Reply #338 on: September 13, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »

Now that is what I am talking about, they provided screenshots that can lead to credibility that the story is true.

Don't blame that group for getting a refund.  Like I have said, nobody should ever spend more on a crowdfunded game than they are willing to lose, cause there are no guarantees.  If you are someone with even a tiny bit of doubt and you see your money as something you can't fathom to lose, then you better get a refund, otherwise it might eat at you, and it is not worth being eaten at like that over a game.

haha,
"he is worse than dead, his brain is gone"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »

The guy just added the Zendesk log to the post for those who are thinking the refund claim is fake.

Moeis

« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »

The guy just added the Zendesk log to the post for those who are thinking the refund claim is fake.

Since not all of their members agreed with refunding, I wondering how much of that 45K will go back into SC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »

Since not all of their members agreed with refunding, I wondering how much of that 45K will go back into SC.

Why don't you go and ask them? And what does it matter how much, if any, will go back into SC?

Moeis

« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

Why don't you go and ask them? And what does it matter how much, if any, will go back into SC?

I have no interest of becoming a member of rededit.  Why does it matter how much, if any, will be taken out of SC?  You are curious about refunds happening, just as valid to be curious to know if any of that will go back in.

I now it is an answer I will never see, but the thought still came to me none the less.

Kastenbrust

« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »

I'm guessing they got spooked by the coming Terms of Service change, and so will probably get all their money out and reinvest when the game is finally released. They hinted at that in the Reddit post, saying other org users are refunding their own personal account ships also, and it could amount to even more than $45k.

ecg

« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
Based on the total amount taken in by CIG, I don't think the amounts refunded are that significant. Unless of course it totaled 100 million. More significant are the number of accounts that have been refunded. Refunds seem to be on the rise lately(could be wrong) and looks to be due to a lack of trust/faith/etc. in CIG and Croberts. Some members of that group may re-pledge their personal amounts.
Again the important part seems that everyday it looks like more and more original KS backers are jumping ship. I got my 250$ out earlier this year, pledged via KS Oct. 2012. This was also based on personal observations, months before I started following the DS side of things.
And yes, some could be fake. But would not be surprised if some of the gaming sites start reporting on this large refund activity, which will lead to more questions about the state of the game.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:31:56 PM by ecg »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk