Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074308 times)

Greggy_D

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2017, 07:16:02 PM »
What a dirty bastard he is.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2017, 05:59:59 AM »

less revenue opportunity

Wait! There's more.

Listen to these statements he made last night. It's amazing. But he's not a Shillizen though.  :smugjones:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2017, 06:12:38 AM »
If you haven't been following the latest OSC vs Shitizens slap fight, it's hilarious.

Basically, a few days ago, Reddit admins (we did that btw) got on the case of the /r/ds mods. No doubt warning them about those guys going over the limits and violating Reddit ToS.

So Jester86, the primary and equally toxic mod of a bunch of ass-clowns, updated the Reddit's rules - again.

Of course this has all happened before; and this OSC post basically lays it out clearly.

Jester, as usual, went off the rails because, you know, being a Shitizen requires that you keep taking your meds.

Naturally, if they don't get their act in gear, and people start getting sued (regardless of outcome), they're going to play the victim card. At least they can't say they didn't have enough warning.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Greggy_D

« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
Those jokers, by digging their heels in, are begging to be sued.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »
Those jokers, by digging their heels in, are begging to be sued.

All it takes is one. Just wait.

Motto

« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »
I just got alerted by PM that all my posts on /r/ds are missing/ not visible/do not show up. Apparently they're modding a bit more and probably my posts need approval or something. I do see a lot (more) of "removed"s too. So all my hard work at defending Derek now will be lost. So nobody can see I was right later on. That's a shame  :cop:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
I just got alerted by PM that all my posts on /r/ds are missing/ not visible/do not show up. Apparently they're modding a bit more and probably my posts need approval or something. I do see a lot (more) of "removed"s too. So all my hard work at defending Derek now will be lost. So nobody can see I was right later on. That's a shame  :cop:

Yeah, they're big fans of revisionist history over there. But don't worry though, I am sure they will be certain to leave all the toxicity in place.

Those fucking clowns are so getting sued if they don't take down all that defamatory shit as they've been warned to do, time and time again. Just wait.

Motto

« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »
So they're taking the right stuff down and keeping the wrong stuff up? Well, that figures I think  :D

Ghostmaker

« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »
Are you sure they're vulnerable to legal action? I've been following the trials and travails of lawsuits filed by a couple of real scumbags, Brett Kimberlin and Bill Schmalfeldt. Kimberlin has been practicing 'brass knuckle reputation management' for a number of years, threatening (and filing) suits against people commenting or writing about him online. Schmalfeldt has done the same. But so far, they've had little luck obtaining judgments against their targets.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »
Are you sure they're vulnerable to legal action? I've been following the trials and travails of lawsuits filed by a couple of real scumbags, Brett Kimberlin and Bill Schmalfeldt. Kimberlin has been practicing 'brass knuckle reputation management' for a number of years, threatening (and filing) suits against people commenting or writing about him online. Schmalfeldt has done the same. But so far, they've had little luck obtaining judgments against their targets.

Defamation cases aren't easy. I've prevailed in two. So I know what is involved, how they play out, what the bar for success is etc.

The problem that most people fail to realize about defamation is that 1) it has to be false; because truth is 99% defense against such a claim 2) it has to be such that a reasonable person would believe it

Libel per se is pretty cut and dry.

Defamation cases against a public figure are even harder because there has to be malicious intent, and/or someone posted (libel) or said (slander) something they knew to be false, but posted/said it anyway. In the case of the above examples, well, there it is.

That's what OSC was explaining to that TheGremlich guy who didn't seem to "get" it. Claiming that me or my company has committed "trade defamation" is false because not only has that not happened, he has no basis for such a claim, as that would be for CIG to make (and they would fail miserably). And we went overboard by stating on Reddit that he has also been reporting that to the FTC (he also posted it on Twitter). He knows it to be false, has no way of proving it to be true, and his Twitter account alone, as well as his Reddit posts, already show an engagement in a pattern of conduct from which a case for "malicious intent" can be made.

Go to www.eff.org and read some of their resources. They are written in plain English that any layman can understand.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #430 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
Mmm. Point made. I may be cynical due to watching those two lowlifes stagger around in court. There's been some countersuits made, but so far the courts seem to regard it as an Internet slapfight gone out of hand (at least from what I've seen).

Still, free speech has won out, and that's a good thing.

Especially when you're trying to let people know about a $160 million scam.  :woof:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #431 on: October 05, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
Yeah, that's going as expected.

Where is the promised SQ42 schedule report?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #432 on: October 05, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »
*MOVED*

Quote from: Motto
Here's a nice one too: Compared to the game now how much will 3.0 add, weapons? More ships? More mechanics? Anything cool?

My favorite reply: 2.6.3 could be considered a technology demo whereas 3.0 is really the true game foundation.   :dance:

:lol:

I remember back when 2.0 was the Jesus Patch. Then it was 3.0. Now it looks like it's going to be the Baby Jesus Patch. I can't wait to see the plan for 3.1.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #433 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
So yesterday, the most hilarious thing happened.

CIG, a games company, was caught backing crowd-funded clothing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/749xey/cig_just_backed_their_first_kickstarter_in_over/

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/cig

They later pulled it after it was posted online.

"CIG are simply looking for new and exciting ways to pull the wool over peoples eyes" - Major Tom  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:36:04 PM by dsmart »

FredBloggs

« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
Star Citizen Alpaca's confirmed?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk