Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075538 times)

Greggy_D

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2017, 09:19:28 AM »
He took the first video down?

Resin

« Reply #451 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
 What? Because of Youtube video comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N0mad

« Reply #452 on: October 13, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »
What? Because of Youtube video comments?

I love the way FailureToReport blames Derek simply because he made a comment pointing out that doing an interview was just going to cause arguments.

Poor guy gets blamed for everything.

Flashwit

« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2017, 10:39:16 AM »
Apparently Evocati are running their own anti-FUD campaign now.

It all reads like a load of horseshit to me.

http://dumptext.com/07N8rKG7

Eh, if that's ANTI I don't think it's doing a very good job of it. Makes 3.0 sound like a pile of crap to be honest.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
Holy Crap these guys are seriously mad at me over a video game. FF to 59:55

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

David-2

« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
FF to 59:55.

I only watched a minute of the clip - and have never seen this podcast before - but judging by the title it seems to be dedicated to Star Citizen.  Can that be right?  It is 200 minutes long!  Nearly 3.5 hours!  Is it all about Star Citizen?

If so, all I can say is:  These sad boys don't have lives!

N0mad

« Reply #456 on: October 18, 2017, 12:05:16 AM »
FF to 59:55.

I only watched a minute of the clip - and have never seen this podcast before - but judging by the title it seems to be dedicated to Star Citizen.  Can that be right?  It is 200 minutes long!  Nearly 3.5 hours!  Is it all about Star Citizen?

If so, all I can say is:  These sad boys don't have lives!

That clip is hilarious.

But, yes, there are loads of dull discussion videos on Youtube about Star Citizen. The problem Chris Roberts has is that he's created a hype train, even greater that NMS, where he has promised the world to the fans (quite literally, they're still on about procedurally generated cities on planets). We're in the situation where the scope of SC is so huge, everyone just imagines what they'd want to do in their perfect space sim and when they check the list of features then inevitably parts of that dream are on the list. Which is why you can have 3hr discussion videos all about the non existent game mechanics, lore and development - all dreaming about what the game could be like. The problem is that, if it is made, it will NEVER live up to any of these over hyped expectations, which is why CRoberts says it will always be in development. The promised features will always be added in a future patch, and if you just buy some more ships then they can make it better, always in the future, always just out of reach, but doing enough to make the whales think that it will work out in the end. That strategy has worked for CRoberts for years now, the only way the whales might lose faith is if they realise that CIG can't make even a limited 3.0 patch work. CitizenCon will be interesting this year.

Motto

« Reply #457 on: October 18, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
Shitizen Con will be the second nail in the coffin after GC17. They already got the word out "Nothing on SQ42" so that's a major setback/disappointment for a lot of backers. Adding to that the fiasco that CG17 was (nail number 1) and the fact that 3.0 isn't the glorious "now we are finally done polishing so you can have the best game experience EVER" patch that also isn't released yet to the masses, Shitizen Con '17 will not bring much to the table. Except things to sell of course. And then it's just waiting for the Holiday Event where they will have to show something about SQ42 that will be picked apart very shortly to something that's as far from the true state as SC is for being ready for public release. Nail number 3. Nail number 4 are the rapidly dwindling numbers of sales and increasing refund requests. Nail number 5 will be the difficulties paying back the loan(s) / getting the tax benefits. All the above will lead to CIG having to downsize drastically which will lead to uproar and massive bailouts and that'll be the final nail number 6. Game Over. Do not pass Start but go directly to Jail.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #458 on: October 18, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »
It's going to be a complete shit-show. I can't wait. I hope they have 3.0 there for people to play. Though being on a LAN, the experience will of course be totally different.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »
Our countdown for Shitizen Con has more hype and expectation in it than the one of the fanbois  :D

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »
These sad boys don't have lives!
They get paid for it. So they have a life.

Kyrt

« Reply #461 on: October 19, 2017, 01:45:00 AM »
It's going to be a complete shit-show. I can't wait. I hope they have 3.0 there for people to play. Though being on a LAN, the experience will of course be totally different.

Being on a LAN didn't seem to give much help at GC17

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #462 on: October 19, 2017, 06:36:45 AM »

Being on a LAN didn't seem to give much help at GC17

Yeah, but imagine how much more of a shit-show it would have been. Considering the current state of Evocati 3.0, do you think it was that much better back in Aug?

premiumnugz

« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
Yeah, but imagine how much more of a shit-show it would have been. Considering the current state of Evocati 3.0, do you think it was that much better back in Aug?

I would like to know what state it was last October 2016 when Chris said it would be coming out before Christmas that year  :psyduck: :bahgawd:

Motto

« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »
Nah, I'd just settle for the 3.0 build that Gamestar totally played.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk