Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075202 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #511 on: November 14, 2017, 07:43:13 AM »
We saw this coming a few days ago, well, say goodbye to our favorite hate sub for targeted harassment.

The parting statement is a hilarious gift of delusion.

Hello members of the community and visitors.

As of November 13th, 2017, this subreddit has been placed in archive mode. We would like to thank everyone who contributed to this archive over the past two years. When it was started we never thought it'd remain active this long as our intention was to keep it only until CIG could release 3.0 (or, any minimum viable product). Future prospects would then be able make their own judgement based on free flights, youtube videos and community word of mouth.

Well, shame on us, CIG is still (as of today) working on getting Star Citizen 3.0 Alpha to a suitable public release state. We feel that despite not having a mass launch ready, recent demonstrations and content leaks from early 3.0 testers have put enough material online to loosely allow people to make their own decisions. From that, we feel that this subreddit has reached a point in its lifespan where it is no longer necessary to refute Derek Smart's claims as CIG's work is at a point to speak for itself.

In addition, the content and repetition of Derek's daily claims have eroded to such a point over the past several months (as seen by the content still posted on the front page) that there's no use in discussing it further. Allegations of racism, targeted attacks on specific community members and consistent legal threats show that there's really nothing left in the toolbox capable of damaging the project. Therefore, by removing this discussion platform we are accomplishing several goals, some of which may be obvious and some of which likely aren't. This subreddit is arguably Derek Smart's largest audience and now it has been silenced by his own doing. As requested, here are the subreddit traffic stats as we believe in backing up our claims with proof. While Derek may continue to bluster with legal threats and personal attacks, they will reach a severely diminished audience. We have been consistently clear that such behaviour will not be tolerated here and this is our stand to show that we believe no one should be subject to such abuse for any reason, let alone voicing support for a video game. Please take a minute to let that sink in.

Moving forward, a new subreddit may be started by the existing members of this community. It (likely) will not be affiliated with this subreddit or it's moderation however we will include a redirect post to allow new users to find it. It was decided that a handoff of this subreddit to new moderation was not in the best interest of the archive at this time.

This subreddit will remain in its current view-only format indefinitely, pending a viable reason to change it (for instance, a request from reddit admin or CIG to set it to private or an overwhelming resurgence of moderator willingness to revive the project).

Comments will be allowed for the next week, at which time AutoModerator will be set to remove all future comments.

Thank you to (mostly) everyone for your time and contributions, and thanks for all the fish.

So, I think they "won"?  :laugh: :supaburn:

This is like an elite army chasing a group of shitlords across the plains and up a hill. Kick them off the hill, they will race to the other hill and claim victory - because they found another hill.  :bahgawd:

To say nothing of the fact that Jester86 (also the mod of /r/starcitizen_trades) not only accidentally outed himself using an alt (later discovered to be a racist White Nationalist), but then coincidentally immediately afterward, they came up with the read-only plan. If you haven't yet, you should read the incredible take-down by OSC.

I think it's a combo of avoiding legal liability (which OSC mentioned here, though I had never made details public), coupled with Jester's conflict of interest, as well as the fact that they won't want us loling at them when 3.0 drops, crashes, and burns.

They basically rage quit. While claiming victory and saying they're my biggest audience. They even have stats to "prove" it.  :smuggo:

I can't wait to see where they end up next. One thing is certain, we'll still be here to grief them, while pointing and laughing.  :wave:

:rip:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throughout the history of the internet people have told themselves "I'm going to be the one that gets into an internet argument with Derek Smart, owns him hardcore and shuts him up once and for all" and every single one that has tried have all gone through with their attempts in exactly the same ways. You've seen it most recently on Reddit with his fanclub, or with guys like MoMA. You saw it with Chris Roberts. Now you're seeing it with obey-the-fist!

It's like watching an ever increasing number of people try to put out a fire with their hands, with each one is going "Hah! Those idiots couldn't do it because their hands aren't big enough! Mine are larger and I'm going to spit on them so they're moist! I'll show this fire who's boss!"
- SomethingAwful WiseAss
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:59:26 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Greggy_D

« Reply #512 on: November 14, 2017, 08:19:23 AM »
There are some serious delusions in that farewell thread.

What exactly did they win?  SC still isn't out...not even remotely close.  3.0 is a fucking trainwreck that will NEVER be fixed.  They lost their voice, DS still has his.

So remind me again, in what bizzaro world did they "win"?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:27:59 AM by Greggy_D »

N0mad

« Reply #513 on: November 14, 2017, 09:33:18 AM »
Derek, congratulations for seeing off that reddit hate thread.

Hopefully all those guys will be reading this blog and fuming about it.    :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #514 on: November 14, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »
There are some serious delusions in that farewell thread.

What exactly did they win?  SC still isn't out...not even remotely close.  3.0 is a fucking trainwreck that will NEVER be fixed.  They lost their voice, DS still has his.

So remind me again, in what bizzaro world did they "win"?

:shrug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #515 on: November 14, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
Derek, congratulations for seeing off that reddit hate thread.

Hopefully all those guys will be reading this blog and fuming about it.    :laugh:

I have always said that those fucking ass-clowns are their own worst enemy.

Opalshine

« Reply #516 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »
From their replies, a lot of them really thought that a good, highly-functional 3.0 would be released by now.  From their perspective, that was the point of r/ds: to document what Derek said so they could point and laugh at him when the game came out.  That would be their epic rebuttal, just enjoying the game.  Of course the game didn't come out, and 3.0 is a hot mess, so they're in the situation they're in, and there ain't no cavalry coming.  It really is the beginning of the end.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:54:47 AM by Opalshine »

nightfire

« Reply #517 on: November 14, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
From that, we feel that this subreddit has reached a point in its lifespan where it is no longer necessary to refute Derek Smart's claims as CIG's work is at a point to speak for itself

Do they not sense the hilarious irony in this statement, or was this fully intentional? It's like maintaining that "Derek Smart Was Wrong" while admitting that "Derek Smart Was Right"  :dance:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:46:03 PM by nightfire »

Motto

« Reply #518 on: November 14, 2017, 01:21:04 PM »
I have seen some really weird shit overthere, but somehow they managed to top it all with their closing statement  :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #519 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
I have seen some really weird shit overthere, but somehow they managed to top it all with their closing statement  :vince:

Yes, it's brilliant isn't it? Some of us who have been keeping up with that cesspit of anti-social malcontent, just can't believe that Jester86 actually wrote that shit.

You want to see something truly funny? After spending the past few days, literally begging the mods to either hand over the reigns or not close the Reddit, they switched their narrative to.....

And this was after claiming that they're my biggest audience. So Goons put up comparison stats for /r/starcitizen_refunds, which was made possible by my efforts to get people their money back.

Motto

« Reply #520 on: November 14, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
Maybe it's time to do a re-run series of some of your better Tweets? Mass lay-offs, 3.0 not being ready, all the breaking news items, those things. No place for them to get mad about them and then having to witness that you were actually right.  :dance:

nightfire

« Reply #521 on: November 14, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »

Maybe it's time to do a re-run series of some of your better Tweets? Mass lay-offs, 3.0 not being ready, all the breaking news items, those things. No place for them to get mad about them and then having to witness that you were actually right.  :dance:

My naming suggestion: "Derek's Twitter Completionist Pack (non-refundable)"...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #522 on: November 15, 2017, 05:31:40 AM »

Yeah, I've been doing that already. But they have a few more days before they can no longer post. Though it just appears to be some saying goodbye, while others doing what they do best: making asses of themselves.

It's so beautiful.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #523 on: November 15, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »
The evisceration of Jester86 and his gang of racist misfits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk