Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075407 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #540 on: November 24, 2017, 02:25:12 PM »
All of the stupid suckers kicking in $10 to "subscribe" and get 3.0 a week or two early.  Jackasses.

...for a game they ALREADY PAID FOR  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

randomness

« Reply #541 on: November 24, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
ROTFLMAO!! Stay for the comments  :laugh:

That's .... hilariously sad.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, his responses go a little something like:
-  : "I put a shit ton of money into this game because i'm an responsible adult.... you wouldn't understand how that's like  :smuggo: "
- "You instant-gratification kids can piss off back to your Cods and whatnots"
- "General-public funding  of a game and open development is something  that ONLY CIG has ever tried, (at least well, of course  ;) ), and i'm fine with dropping 500 smackers to be part of that"

At least, this does confirm that a lot of people really ARE in this for the fantasy RP rather than the actual game. Dreaming of what the game could/should be rather than what it is.
The circle-jerking IS the  game , and Star Citizen actually being  delivered as promised is irrelevant, which explains people like this guy's willingness to ignore all the faults and delays.

So for all his talk about "those damn kids :bahgawd:"  , he's not that different from the fanatics who keep buying all those shitty, poorly made Sonic the Hedgehog games just so they can draw really creepy pictures on deviantart of the characters.

EDIT: The really shitty part of this, though, is when this game fails, people like him will just turn around and say :"Oh well, I got 500$ worth of fun out of this . That's how the cookie crumbles. You weren't really expecting  them to do everything ,right? We had our fun dreaming, now it's time to move on and forget about it, right guys :3:? "

EDIT numeros dos:  Still had a good laugh about this gem :(paraphrase) "I can afford to drop 500$ on a game that i hope will be good in 10 years. I put a hellovalot more cash in my marriage and I had  to wait more than 10 year for that to be good "   :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:02:41 PM by randomness »

Greggy_D

« Reply #542 on: November 24, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »
I love how the goal line is now an acceptable 10 years.  I guess their "go-to" chart is irrelevant now:

premiumnugz

« Reply #543 on: November 24, 2017, 06:26:00 PM »
EDIT: The really shitty part of this, though, is when this game fails, people like him will just turn around and say :"Oh well, I got 500$ worth of fun out of this . That's how the cookie crumbles. You weren't really expecting  them to do everything ,right? We had our fun dreaming, now it's time to move on and forget about it, right guys :3:? "

I saw a guy on the /r/StarCitizen subreddit said that literally yesterday. He said.. "I'm pretty poor and had to make a choice, so I gave up my advanced EVE Online and World of Warcraft accounts for Star Citizen, and I'm so so so happy I did! I spent $1300 so far but this game has already given me more value and entertainment than any game I've ever played, I don't even care if it gets released at this point" :doh:

Highly upvoted as usual  :bahgawd:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #544 on: November 24, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »
ROTFLMAO!! Remember this FailureToReport dude? Sure you do.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:37:36 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #545 on: November 24, 2017, 11:45:19 PM »
I love how the goal line is now an acceptable 10 years.  I guess their "go-to" chart is irrelevant now:

And you gotta love how cherry-picked this chart is too.  No games that started its development after '07.  It only lists SC as 3 years as opposed to 5 going on 6 years...

Ghostmaker

« Reply #546 on: November 25, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »

I thought SC initially started development in 2011?

The best part of this, though, is the dishonesty. To wit: all those development dates ended with the product being distributed and released. TF2 released in 2007, Morrowind in 2002, etc.

Ergo, SC doesn't even BELONG on this chart, because it hasn't even been released yet. Yes, we all know about the 'modules' and the 'release system' and various bullshit. But the fact is that I cannot go into Best Buy, buy a copy, and play it. Period. The end.

But hey, those jpgs! Take my money!  :10bux:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #547 on: November 25, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »
I thought SC initially started development in 2011?

It did. Chris has gone on the record in several interviews saying that by the 2012 KS, they were already one year in. Shitizens who revel in revisionist history, will try to tell you different because that's their way of justify the game's development crawl.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #548 on: November 25, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »

So that idiot (see above), FailureToReport, showed up on SA after a Goon bought him a 10 bux account. He started on me right away. So I let him have it.

This was after I left him this moderated comment in his latest video

Go fuck yourself. You and your ilk ARE the reason this project ended up like this, and is an utter failure on the verge of collapse. And like you did before when you ran off to the now defunct /r/ds shit hole for anti-social shit heels and pedos, you're here now. GTFO.

My only hope is that the remaining whales keep throwing money into this, right to the revelation of what is currently playing out behind the scenes, because the end will be so much more hilarious.

The "Derek Smart was right" pill has now become a suppository that you all are going to be stuck with for all eternity because as gamers, we hold onto shit forever - and a day.

ps. fucking coward, I see you still have me on mod block in your shitty channel.

I wasn't home at the time I posted the previous response. So I was saving the best for last. As I was driving home, I kept thinking of all the things I wanted to say to you.

First, I want to thank the Heavenly Father for continuing to show you fucking heathens that the only true religion is one that is led by divine order, not some clueless moron born of man.

Second, I would like to thank the Goon (on my Discord) who bought you a $10 account so you could step out of your safe space and into the real digital world where you have no powa.

Oh, FYI, Goons buy accounts for fresh meat all the time. Paying 10 bux doesn't make you a Goon. It makes you a dumb fuck who got roped into posting at the one place where everyone eats their young, and for good measure, even the old ladies, during a slow week. See: MoMa

I am also happy that you were dumb (I told you to take your meds, right?) enough to post this regurgitated vomit that's devoid of any logic (yeah, yeah, I know, Shitizens are as dumb as a bag of strap-on dildos in the bargain bin at a strip mall; but I digress) - at all.

Quote from: FailureToReport" post="478713736
The idea of you saying to ANYONE that Star Citizen is _________ because of them is hilarious, because you are unanimously the reason that the community is so polarized and full of double down syndrome.

Here's the thing. You and your turd-brained shit gargling girlfriends, ARE the reason that we're here, and the reason that the entire community is polarized.

The fact that you - and your circle jerk buddies - are still singing this "Oh you!!" mantra, is testament to the fact that you're all a bunch of completely broken fuck sticks, bereft of anything resembling decent human beings worthy of being in society, let alone among normal people.

If your excuse for behaving the way that you have for the past years is because one POSITIVELY INSANE, AUTISTIC & CRANKY OLD GAME DEV wrote a fucking blog (like nobody ever did that before, you see), then it makes the most sense that you all continued to give money to a bona fide scam artist who has all but shit in an ice cooler and passed it around so that you all can get the experience of what the turd from the guy you all made a millionaire, smells like.

In July 2015, I wrote the infamous "July Blog". In it, I said the game as pitched couldn't be made because Chris Roberts had extended the scope beyond the capabilities of the tech, the team, and the money. 

They responded (at the behest of Sandi Gardiner & Ben Lesnick, according to my sources) by lying about why they kicked out my account and refunded me.

We now know - without a doubt - that the only reason why a multi-millionaire corp, led by a hapless wannabe visionary who has busted every fucking project/company he ever touched, would even bother to respond to what many at the time believed to be the rantings of a "jealous" developer, is if there was SOME fact to what was written.

I have spent almost THREE FUCKING DECADES building massive and complex games in the genre. Every fucking tech you could possibly think of putting in a space/planetary combat game, I've either developed, or prototyped. And there is NOTHING in Star Citizen that's remotely revolutionary, groundbreaking, or original. Sure, my games aren't popular, they're not blockbusters, and they don't cater to a large audience. But so fucking what? Anyone who knows my history, knows that I never - ever - set out to do that, or I would have changed course. A group of people keep buying the games that I make, so I kept making them. Audience size and revenue are irrelevant if you can make enough money to pay your bills and develop the games you want to develop. That's what an indie is. That's who I am, always was, and always will be. 

Heck, just for the sheer fun of it, I just spent two fucking weeks working on and releasing (on Thanksgiving Day, no less) a patch for a game I fucking released in 2008, and which sold less than 100 copies in the past quarter. Why? Because I fucking can, and because for me, it's fun, and it's what I do. I don't need a financial incentive as the primary reason for making games.

You fucking retards attacking me and my games, doesn't fucking faze me one bit. It's certainly not going to make Star Citizen a better, let alone a released, game.

Unlike you single testicled nut jobs, I put my money where my mouth is by actually paying attorneys in order to seek accountability for myself and the backers.

And then, even as they over-played their hand, they took it one step further by accusing me of stalking and harassment, even though there was no basis in fact, let alone in law, for it. Once again, I paid attorneys to give Ortwin, the other part of the scam, the redress his incompetent ass was dying for.

Then The Escapist ended up doing an article in which other sources pretty much confirmed everything that I had been saying. Again, Chris over-played his hand by writing a kindergarten level diatribe in which he mentioned me over 5 dozen times - despite the fact that I had NOTHING to do with The Escapist article (which didn't even mention me).

And during all this time, 2 of the 3 things (financial accounting, dev schedule, refunds for those who are) that I asked for in my 2015 legal action, and which CIG was fighting against, ended up happening anyway. Why? Because it was the right fucking call, and I knew it from the start.

Aside from all that, I had said that without the tech, the team, the money (at least $150M), they couldn't possibly build the fucking game. That was 2.5 fucking years ago. So far, I made that claim at around $75M. It's now $165M and it's not even out of pre-Alpha. And all the experienced people have since left, leaving mostly incompetent yes-men who are either just pulling a pay check, or towing the line.

When in 2016 they ended up switching engines (I wrote a whole fucking blog about why that was BAD, not good) - without saying a fucking thing about it beforehand - I said it was a fucking waste of time because there is NO ENGINE on the planet that could build THAT game, most of you degenerate latte-sipping drama junkies, continued to attack me, while trying to theory-craft your way off an iceberg - even as Chris Roberts and his gang of fuckups, continued to PROVE ME RIGHT.

I'm not even going to mention the fact that I said SQ42 wasn't coming out in 2016. Again, I got attacked. CIG went on the record that it was totally, definitely coming out - pledge moah.

Then it didn't.

And I said that twice (for 2016 and 2017) because that's what sources said.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, back in Q4/2016 when I said that sources told me 3.0 didn't fucking exist when Chris said it did - again, I got incessantly attacked. I thought "Fine. Fuck 'em; they'll see soon enough". So I spent a whole fucking year documenting The Road To 3.0 timeline because I knew that, as these things go, you dumb-ass schoolyard bullies are keen on revisionist history.

At the height of the 3.0 frenzy, I again wrote that sources said the entire dev schedule unveiled in April 2017, was pure and utter bullshit, and didn't reflect the internal schedule. Again, you glue huffing pinheads attacked me. Then slowly and slowly, this turned out to be true; and to the extent that it wasn't even a month ago that items started disappearing from the schedule, even though they never even appeared (as fixed or otherwise) in the schedule. Now, with the latest 11/24/17 schedule, NONE of that is even in the schedule.

But wait! There's more!

Through this whole time, I kept writing that 3.0 wasn't even ready for Evocati, that sources said it needed at least 6 months, that any earlier release would be a fucking disaster (which we are now witnessing), and that it was a ploy for the CitizenCon shindig etc. Ignoring the fact that it was over a month ago, it conveniently got released - ahead of a sale - with fucking obvious bugs which were either 1) already reported or 2) not even logged, thus providing ample evidence that even the special needs Evocati coffee-mainlining turd heaps who kept pretending that everything was OK and covering for CIG, were busy stroking their yogurt encrusted boners, having been let into the sekret club, instead of playing the fucking game and helping to fix it. Which, considering that it was a pile of unplayable shit (just as I'd written), makes sense because ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

As of today, the fucking project is a dumpster fire, and is completely FUBAR. And we're not even talking about it being pre-Alpha; but the fact that 6 years + $165m later, they don't even have a fucking CompSci project, let alone a vertical slice of EITHER game.

Any one of you boot-licking Trumpettes who would look at this fucking schedule of promises, and think "Yeah, they're totally going to make that game" deserves to be fleeced of everything you have.

Since you are one of those broken-brained ass-clowns, I have no fucking reason to believe that you have fully divested yourself from the project, or you wouldn't be wishy-washy about it, let alone still making fucking videos while acting all shocked as if you only just now discovered a dime size hole in your Strawberry flavored condom.

Like others who hide behind the confines of anonymity while taking potshots at people like me, somehow you think that we're just going to forget about all the shit that you peanut-basted fruitcakes have been doing this whole time. My one regret is that I wrote enough, with sufficient evidence, for you guys to get a refund. I would very much have liked for you all to go down with the ship in the impending final days that are now playing out.

Go fuck yourself. You're all a bunch of...

ps: I found the evidence (1, 2) of your meltdown over the Amazon dev interview which I essentially killed. Again, unlike you guys, my version of reality is the real one.

pps: You are now on my block list as I have nothing further to say to you.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:39:07 PM by dsmart »

nightfire

« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
So I let him have it.

Derek, as a non-native English speaker, I really appreciate your periodical online language classes! Thanks to you, I've managed to expand my daily use vocabulary quite a bit in the past year. Today's introduction to boot-licking Trumpettes, peanut-basted fruitcakes and strawberry flavored condoms was worth the price of admission alone…  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #550 on: November 25, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
So I let him have it.

Derek, as a non-native English speaker, I really appreciate your periodical online language classes! Thanks to you, I've managed to expand my daily use vocabulary quite a bit in the past year. Today's introduction to boot-licking Trumpettes, peanut-basted fruitcakes and strawberry flavored condoms was worth the price of admission alone…  :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No seriously, as I posted, these guys are 100% RESPONSIBLE for how we ended up here.

StanTheMan

« Reply #551 on: November 26, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »
So I let him have it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No seriously, as I posted, these guys are 100% RESPONSIBLE for how we ended up here.

They have learnt something....but of course it has to be at someone elses cost because of their lack of respect for your authority on the subject and their own ..kin arrogance.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
Meet the nut job with $45K+ in the game

Motto

« Reply #553 on: November 26, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
And then CIG crashes. All of that money gone. How do you go on from there and how did you get there in the first place? It's beyond me...

StanTheMan

« Reply #554 on: November 26, 2017, 05:15:39 PM »
And then CIG crashes. All of that money gone. How do you go on from there and how did you get there in the first place? It's beyond me...

You have to hope this person gives a lot of $ to charity....as well as lining CRoberts pockets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk