Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075811 times)

krylite

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #585 on: December 06, 2017, 01:37:16 AM »
*MOVED*

FailureToReport being open and honest about why he finally joined us on the dark side

Yeah, some credit for waking up which is good for a sanity check. He fessed up at least as to why he didn't show a stream of the ptu and kept showing ED instead, because his own 3.0 run was unbearable for him to even stream where it would likely show how much more of an idiot he was up to now. :laugh: He also said at the end he's "done" doing SC videos, basically jumping ship and burning bridges while he still dissed ED in his comments in the prior video and no mention that Smart was right (shitty sore loser knocking on ED at the last) , and referred to and recommended /r/starcitizen_refunds like he just discovered it and no one else knew about it.  :lol:. "Shitizen through and through" his run. Now he's a yt nobody and good riddance.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:46:23 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #586 on: December 06, 2017, 08:34:07 AM »
A blast from the past. Good times  :smuggo:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

lurker_404

« Reply #587 on: December 06, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
... had a quick look on ebay today.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:19:41 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #589 on: December 06, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »
Well that's new. Apparently I work at Google now, so I'm totally responsible for this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7hwlzh/youtube_autoremoving_star_citizen_videos/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #590 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »

Motto

« Reply #591 on: December 06, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
Even if it was for taxes in 2016, he can still ask for a refund now. And even do it again for taxes but now with a worthy goal.

nightfire

« Reply #592 on: December 06, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »
LOL. If your life has come to a point where you can't donate to a charitable organization but have to dump money into Star Citizen instead because… taxes, then you're truly f**ked!  :vince:

Motto

« Reply #593 on: December 06, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
It's my understanding the charity route already had been filled to the max. So he's probably doing OK. Better than I am...

nightfire

« Reply #594 on: December 06, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »
It's my understanding the charity route already had been filled to the max. So he's probably doing OK. Better than I am...

Wait a moment – that brings up an interesting scenario:

Let's assume I buy a Completionist Package and get the tax deduction. The following year, I file for a SC refund to get said money back. Of course, the tax department doesn't know of this part. Then, rinse and repeat.

Would that work? Just thought of this because of how many times we've seen a sudden spike of Completionist purchases pop up on the funding tracker out of nowhere in the past. Maybe the reason for these wasn't (always) money laundering, but various people doing their annual little tax break routines?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #595 on: December 06, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »
Yes, of course it would work. People do it all the time. Some of them are sitting in jail.

Flashwit

« Reply #596 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »
Wait, I haven't taken much of a look at any SC purchase related stuff in a while. Why would you get a tax deduction for buying into a video game?
Does it count as 'investment' or something and you can get a deduction for investing? This doesn't make much sense.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #597 on: December 07, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
From Gorf. Ah yeah, those were good times.

This is the Livestream:

YOUTUBE: SuperNerdLand.... Plays? Star Citizen — Part 2 : Featuring TheStreetRoller & Derek Smart[/url][/b]

Part of what made it so funny to me was the slow burn of it all.

It was during a period of extreme goonfear. New goon Streetroller had come out of nowhere and delivered an unexpected critical blow with his refund counterattack. The gaming press then trained all their spotlights all on the subject, the general gaming public briefly cried out “WTF is this crap?”, and Zealots were lurking on SA and manning battlestations whenever Goons or Derek made a move.

1) Goon posts some new Star Citizen article in thread.
2) Other Goons make comments on article, a mix of seriousposts and shitposts.
3) Zealots (often from /DS) race to counter those comments and try to reframe debate narrative to “Derp Shart is a jealous hack (possibly under contract from Big Evil Publishers) watching Chris Roberts succeed as he never could and so in rage he doxxes Roberts kids and tells outrageous lies in hopes of destroying this incredible game that’s achieving the impossible daily. And all these negative comments are from Goons taking their orders from Derek who is their de facto leader now.”
4) Derek eventually joins the fray and the whole thing becomes a Warlord vs. Zealots slapfight producing hundreds of additional comment volleys.

So, against that backdrop...

I’d noticed an unfamiliar twitch stream that had an unusual number of viewers, so I posted the link in the thread. Several goons quickly jumped in to the chat on the stream, eventually including Streetroller, Major Tom / pgabz and many more. Derek hops into chat not long after — thereby making this now a full-on “Man your battlestations this is not a drill!” moment for the Zealotry.

Streetroller had only recently gotten his refund and was still doing a lot of interviews about it. Given all the bad press, the Goonfear, and the 24 hour a day /DS panic riot brigade, it was unsurprising to see Zealots quickly hopping on

Streetroller starts in livechat but he joins the voice chat around 69 minutes in. At first he’s a little disengaged from the dialogue, I think perhaps because his attentions were distracted by Discord chat with Goons.

But he starts to get more engaged with the hosts and dropping some devastating fact bombs. And the whole thing slowly and surely gets nuttier and nuttier. It’s so incremental that it’s easy not to even see it — the absolute absurdity of all of it. But at some point around here, as Streetroller is recounting TOS debates with MOMA (?) on SA, it just hit me “look at this LOOK AT THIS GAME why is anyone even pretending to defend this LOOK AT IT!” and I just exploded with laughter and I couldn’t stop. I was guffawing, half-choking with tears running down my face I was laughing so hard at the incongruity of it.

Anyway, Derek shows up in the voice stream for a good stretch, then checks out. James Brand eventually joins the dialogue a bit after Streetroller challenges him to join in.

This is his arrival, only a few minutes after Derek leaves. And it, too, delivers huge laughs, in part because of the juxtaposition between totally straight-faces debate going on and the game itself being played live on screen and completely and totally falling apart. It’s just so bonkers.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:08:48 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »
Quote: I've seen less bugs in the Amazon rain forest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk