Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075316 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »
I'm starting to think Chris actually meant that every player has to run his own server in order to get the highest levels of fidelity. If you can't run your own server, this isn't a game for you  :D

2019: A wealthy Chinese businessman and passionate Star Citizen backer shows off his server rig running the latest 3.0.1q-384772 patch in Evocati. „If you hop in immediately after reboot, you can get frame rates as high as 15 fps“ he gloats proudly. By the way, the Chinese inscription on the server reads „Derek Smart Was Right, But He’s Still an #%$&“.

:five: :five: :five:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Flashwit

« Reply #616 on: December 13, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »
It's mind blowing how much they're still going on about "BUT IT'S JUST IN ALPHA GUYS, STOP COMPLAINING". Like, is there some limit where they won't accept it anymore? I'm not even sure. (Never mind that it's maybe 20% of the way to being an alpha)

Maybe at 8 years and $200 million? 12 years and $500 million? We all know it won't last that long but it's just a thought experiment that these fanboys should take on. Is there any point at which you would doubt or is it full blown cult time?

Motto

« Reply #617 on: December 13, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »
No backer can deny that CIG went with CryEngine. And no backer can deny that CryEngine just sued CIG. So this news will hit them hard. They can't shake this off that easily. And this landing just before the release of SQ42 news that probably won't contain much news at all will hit CIG hard. Very hard. Prepare for the final stage of the ELE guys. Hang on to your JPEGs hats!

Greggy_D

« Reply #618 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Merry Christmas, Chris!  This should make for one hell of a Holiday Livestream.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2017, 04:59:55 PM »
Do you REALLY believe that CIG was going to release Squadron 42 or any playable part?  The Easter Bunny will be delivering your presents this year with Freddy Krueger.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
No backer can deny that CIG went with CryEngine. And no backer can deny that CryEngine just sued CIG. So this news will hit them hard. They can't shake this off that easily. And this landing just before the release of SQ42 news that probably won't contain much news at all will hit CIG hard. Very hard. Prepare for the final stage of the ELE guys. Hang on to your JPEGs hats!

The complaints in the lawsuit just scream "Bury me already. I'm done"
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

randomness

« Reply #621 on: December 13, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »

Jesus......
"Even if they breached a contract, I'll just throw them all the  :10bux: needed to settle. "
That's ...wow.... yikes.

Ok, you know what?  I was extremely skeptical about the "cult" thing, but no, that pretty much seals the deal for me. That's .... just wrong.
I'll 100% concede this: Derek Smart was right about them being a cult, cause I have no idea how that can make sense otherwise.
Talk about duckspeak.... :monocle:

Motto

« Reply #622 on: December 13, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
The sheer stupity of the remaining idiots, it's unbelievable. Just look  :vince:

And every new Reddit thread about the lawsuit is getting deleted by the mods. Do they actually think that by not mentioning the lawsuit and just posting more topics of looky me doing nice and lovely SC stuff, it'll all automagically go away?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:30:04 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
Ok, you know what?  I was extremely skeptical about the "cult" thing, but no, that pretty much seals the deal for me. That's .... just wrong.
I'll 100% concede this: Derek Smart was right about them being a cult, cause I have no idea how that can make sense otherwise.
Talk about duckspeak.... :monocle:

Yeah, that's why you should be paying close attention to us who have had to deal with these nut jobs for going on 6 fucking years now.

StanTheMan

« Reply #624 on: December 13, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
It's mind blowing how much they're still going on about "BUT IT'S JUST IN ALPHA GUYS, STOP COMPLAINING". Like, is there some limit where they won't accept it anymore? I'm not even sure. (Never mind that it's maybe 20% of the way to being an alpha)

Maybe at 8 years and $200 million? 12 years and $500 million? We all know it won't last that long but it's just a thought experiment that these fanboys should take on. Is there any point at which you would doubt or is it full blown cult time?

The sheep and baying cretins we all met in our school play grounds grew up,  but they are still sheep and baying cretins.

krylite

« Reply #625 on: December 13, 2017, 06:14:33 PM »
I hope this is the beginning of the actual ELE end of SC. This idiotic ponzi fubar projrekt has been part of the reason for unhealthy misled expectations on the ongoing dev progress of ED. Somehow I doubt "Dual Universe" or "Everspace" are going to be used next successfully by the s***zen streamers to attempt to shame ED dev. When it all collapses , I imagine the case will bust out into a scam story worthy of an episode of "American Greed". Complete with all the skeletons coming out about the myriad shell firms and cross-transfering of funds complete with clawbacks lawyer rep as the authorities confiscate ill-gotten purchases funded by the whales, perhaps finding cash stuffed in the ground, luxury items thrown into a local lake etc. When the dust clears with everything exposed by the auditing, maybe Derek could do an item by item chronology of how much funds were wasted on each item and where in conjunction with each trailer ad, techdemo, ATV's etc.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:16:22 PM by krylite »

N0mad

« Reply #626 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
The latest line from the cultists is that Crytek is just a failing company looking for a quick cash grab without giving one thought about the irony of that statement as it applies nicely to CIG.

I feel sorry for all the CIG devs who didn't see this coming - not a great Christmas present. But then again, they'll be better off NOT working for Chris Roberts in the long run.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #627 on: December 13, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »
I am certain that DS will do the ultimate tell all book after getting the interviews with the insiders (not managment, I wouldn't trust Sandy, Ben, Robbers or Ortwin to tell the truth) who worked there to give their recollections of the rants and fits Robbers threw or the office arguments, or the raging scuttlebut that was true. To the victor goes the spoils, and they get to write the history too. There won't be any money in it for Robbers to write his story, the lawsuit would probably attach any future earnings associates with this failed venture.

I am sure this lawsuit will be the extra bit of pressure needed to break the camel's back. Now the whales and cultists will bitch about how the leavers and goons set this up. They don't know that they set this up by continuing to fund that incompetent boob Chris Robbers beyond the initial amount requested.

Already I'm seeing posts where people are bleating out their hopes and dreams that someone will pick up the pieces and finish it once Robbers is gone. It's not that simple. If it were that easy Robbers would have retired to Bora Bora by now.

How quickly they turn on their savior... It's tough being a messiah.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:07:20 PM by Spunky Munkee »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #628 on: December 15, 2017, 06:33:45 AM »

Kyrt

« Reply #629 on: December 15, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
The latest line from the cultists is that Crytek is just a failing company looking for a quick cash grab without giving one thought about the irony of that statement as it applies nicely to CIG.

I feel sorry for all the CIG devs who didn't see this coming - not a great Christmas present. But then again, they'll be better off NOT working for Chris Roberts in the long run.

Taking the other side for a change...

Things do look bleak for CIG right now.
It does appear as if they have done everything CryTek have accused them of.
And CryTek has other arguments open to it...look at the way CIG poached CryTek developers so they could illegally modify CryEngine far beyond the bounds of their license and try to appropriate it as THEIR IP called StarEngine.......or so the argument could go.

However...it MUST be remembered that CIG have not produced their defence yet. They might have one. Leonard French suggested using "misunderstood" for the copyright infringement for example.

And the law being the law, CIG might just have a loophole.

It might also be the case that CryTek might agree to settle for a "reasonable" sum and protection of their IP. Or that CIG might have enough money and support to continue development afterwards.

Granted...none of that seems likely NOW, but it can't be ruled out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk