Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077335 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #631 on: December 15, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
I'm starting to think Chris actually meant that every player has to run his own server in order to get the highest levels of fidelity. If you can't run your own server, this isn't a game for you  :D

2019: A wealthy Chinese businessman and passionate Star Citizen backer shows off his server rig running the latest 3.0.1q-384772 patch in Evocati. „If you hop in immediately after reboot, you can get frame rates as high as 15 fps“ he gloats proudly. By the way, the Chinese inscription on the server reads „Derek Smart Was Right, But He’s Still an #%$&“.

:five: :five: :five:

Just in case you wondered, this is the guy  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #632 on: December 15, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #633 on: December 15, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »
This 850+ point Reddit post is about the death of DayZ, and how it compares to Star Citizen. You should read it.
It perfectly described the reasons why I never touch Early Access games ever again after Star Citizen. Every time some outlet tries to promote $GAME to me as the hottest shit to be finished in two years, I just tell them to come back when it's finished. And guess what: 99 % of that "exciting" stuff including the game and developer is long forgotten, when the due date finally arrives.

Also it doesn't only affect games honestly sold as unfinished and "still in progress". There are also games, which share the same problems, like Elite Dangerous, but are sold on disc for consoles next to fully finished games.

This is an "Early-Access" game, which will cease operation by end of 2017 and shut down its servers: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271290/HAWKEN/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:33:29 PM by Backer42 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #634 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »
LOL!! wait till he finds out that what they're showing next week is just another trailer

Unless SQ42 looks amazing, I'm fed up. Going to refund my $2530 package and move on from this mess.

StanTheMan

« Reply #635 on: December 17, 2017, 11:09:36 AM »
what they're showing next week is just another trailer

I suppose it is better than just showing a toilet trader..

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:12:49 AM by StanTheMan »

David-2

« Reply #636 on: December 17, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
I suppose it is better than just showing a toilet trader..

I think you're confused.  Toilet trading is part of the cargo career in Star Citizen, not the FPS SQ42.

StanTheMan

« Reply #637 on: December 17, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »
I think you're confused.  Toilet trading is part of the cargo career in Star Citizen, not the FPS SQ42.

I reckon with a bit of digging we could find an SC org organised around cottaging but yes,  now you mention it, there is not much time for that in an FPS.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #638 on: December 18, 2017, 05:04:00 AM »
Most upvoted right now. Wait till the Citizens Defense Force shows up this morning

Please do not go live

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #639 on: December 18, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »

justme

« Reply #640 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:08 AM »
and he is totally right.
the actual patch is a collection of every former bug.
i really had sessions with 50+fps in one of the latest patches,
but ending with 6fps after 1-2hours.

atm i'm happy to get stable 10+fps, and nothing works fine.
airlocks don't work, ships are spawning without components
and you can claim them as much as u want and if it is with
components, it is hard to reach them within time. the despawning
rate is way to low.

in several trys i only could start twice a ship and after this, the
game crashed. this is even worst, than the first open ptu patch.

also yesterday it was said by cig, that they won't reroll the patch.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #641 on: December 19, 2017, 08:06:40 AM »
Jeffrey McArthur passed away on Friday in Exton PA, aged 61.

Jeffrey was a gamer. Like the in game battles he so often engaged in, he also had a furious long battle with cancer, which only came back aggressively. His last video. RIP old chap. See you on the other side.

This was the video:

Someone on SA wrote up this short blurb about him.

An avid gamer and geek through and through, Jeffrey was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer in December 2015 and came to our attention early in 2016 when he made a video asking if he "was too stupid to play Star Citizen", which resulted in him facing abuse from some of the more toxic members of the SC fanbase.

After undergoing surgery and chemotherapy, a CT scan in July 2016 showed his cancer to be gone, and he continued working and making many videos on his hobbies, gaming, computers, and Dungeons & Dragons.

In August this year, another CT scan showed his colon cancer had returned and spread, eventually metastasizing to his stomach. With a prognosis of only a 50% chance of surviving to the end of the year, Jeffrey decided not to undergo chemotherapy again, chosing to enjoy what time he had left to live without suffering the side effects that chemo had on his senses.

Jeffrey faced his death with immense grace and dignity, and I am very grateful to him for sharing his story with us along the way.

Rest in peace, Jeffrey.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:29:31 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Flashwit

« Reply #643 on: December 20, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
Good on that guy. I know the most tragic part of this whole situation is the whales who are throwing in money that they can't actually afford. I think it really is one of those situations where the culty atmosphere just makes it seem 'normal' to put $10,000+ into a video game, and then before you know it you're in debt all over the place.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #644 on: December 20, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
Good on that guy. I know the most tragic part of this whole situation is the whales who are throwing in money that they can't actually afford. I think it really is one of those situations where the culty atmosphere just makes it seem 'normal' to put $10,000+ into a video game, and then before you know it you're in debt all over the place.

Yeah, indeed. Did you watch my GTL stream the other day, where I was saying that some of these guys were treating this like they were buying trading cards?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk