Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074707 times)

justme

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2017, 03:35:03 PM »

that's why :D
but maybe the wrong topic :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:57:30 PM by justme »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #646 on: December 20, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7l3292/introducing_the_tumbril_tank/drj9i3x/

First land claim now tanks.

1) This was supposed to be a SPACEGAME

2) This was supposed to be released in 2014

3) This was NOT supposed to burn pledge money in a lawsuit against Crytek which we backers are not supposed to talk about ... BECAUSE it's not our money burned (anymore)

4) Ship sales were supposed to be stopped on relaese (which was supposed to be in2014) Now we have land (claim) sales and tank sales

And still this screwed up community in this brainwashed reddit is fine with that. Go love yourselfs, when they sell you virtual loot boxes - because of incompentence to implement them ingame.

Stop lying, advertising, milking and scripting and get actually something done!

Edit: Downvote suckers, just downvote, it won't deliver a fucking game!
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

AncoGaming

« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »
I like that guy, whoever he is. He's honest, he's had enough, everyone can tell, and I personally fully respect that.

"Stop lying, advertising, milking and scripting and get actually something done!"

---> That's what I'm saying since 2015, I've asked everyone to stop giving CIG money ever since. But hey, I can't force anyone, I can just say how I see things and be happy when someone is allowed to use their brain.

It's sad enough that these things go out to Reddit because you'd get banned on Sprectrum if you would ever post concerns like these. Personally, I don't believe in God and think that any kind of religion is only there to keep people in check. But this, exactly this is the same mechanics as the church used about 700 years ago to maintain power. Remember what happened to them? Nothing. People still find the church attractive, even without Jpegs, it's just a believe system. So is Star Citizen.

Excuse me please when I crossed some borders with this statement, I don't mind anyone believing in anything, I am fine with you folks, whatever makes you happy. I just stated the obvious, no offence.

StanTheMan

« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2017, 04:46:26 AM »
I like that guy, whoever he is. He's honest, he's had enough, everyone can tell, and I personally fully respect that.

"Stop lying, advertising, milking and scripting and get actually something done!"

---> That's what I'm saying since 2015, I've asked everyone to stop giving CIG money ever since. But hey, I can't force anyone, I can just say how I see things and be happy when someone is allowed to use their brain.

It's sad enough that these things go out to Reddit because you'd get banned on Sprectrum if you would ever post concerns like these. Personally, I don't believe in God and think that any kind of religion is only there to keep people in check. But this, exactly this is the same mechanics as the church used about 700 years ago to maintain power. Remember what happened to them? Nothing. People still find the church attractive, even without Jpegs, it's just a believe system. So is Star Citizen.

Excuse me please when I crossed some borders with this statement, I don't mind anyone believing in anything, I am fine with you folks, whatever makes you happy. I just stated the obvious, no offence.

Religion is there because humans are susceptible to it in its various guises.

Once they are indoctrinated they can be manipulated in various ways to ends both relatively good and bad.    But there is no evidence of global conspiracy.

Backers are being manipulated using the same levers.

This quote by Sam Harris could be applied to Star Citizen...just replace the example with whatever JPEG or bullshit story CRoberts comes up with to make more $.

"“Tell a devout Christian that his wife is cheating on him, or that frozen yogurt can make a man invisible, and he is likely to require as much evidence as anyone else, and to be persuaded only to the extent that you give it. Tell him that the book he keeps by his bed was written by an invisible deity who will punish him with fire for eternity if he fails to accept its every incredible claim about the universe, and he seems to require no evidence what so ever.”

― Sam Harris, The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason"

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:50:07 AM by StanTheMan »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2017, 05:53:17 AM »

Well, it's mostly people trapped in a spiritual void, who join cults or sects like Star Citizen to seek salvation.

That void is no accident. The West has gone through a process of replacing church and faith with "enlightenment" through consumerism to make capitalism work "better". You just have to look at what madness happens at Christmas (an previously religious festivity) to know what is going on.

CIG exploits that at full speed. From a theological standpoint, it's just Lucifer's gang grabbing souls in an evil Ponzi scheme. Humans have free will and therefore can choose to spend $30k of their kid's college fund on virtual JPEGs instead of taking their issues to a pastor or priest.

Of course, that doesn't justify CIG exploiting poor loners on disability and for that everyone there will go straight to hell. So much for the state of affairs from that point of view.

Excuse me please when I crossed some borders with this statement

It's okay, we can handle this. :D Everything going on this planet serves a purpose. Even Scam Citizen.

Motto

« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2017, 07:08:02 AM »
Everything going on this planet serves a purpose.

No, it doesn't. There is absolutely no point in being alive. No matter how you look at it, our existence is meaningless and pointless. There is nothing "higher" about it.

StanTheMan

« Reply #652 on: December 22, 2017, 04:28:31 AM »

StanTheMan

« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2017, 04:35:31 AM »
No, it doesn't. There is absolutely no point in being alive. No matter how you look at it, our existence is meaningless and pointless. There is nothing "higher" about it.

Our existence is meaningful for ourselves.

There appears to be no "higher" purpose or point.

That doesn't mean there isn't one but it isn't rational to make one up or build one based on poor evidence.

Unless of course you are a Star Citizen backer.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #654 on: December 22, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »
You know things are BAD when one of your dedicated streamers starts writing blogs. This is the most sad and pathetic thing I have ever read regarding this project.

My Twitter thread

Greggy_D

« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
He's beyond delusional.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »
You know things are BAD when one of your dedicated streamers starts writing blogs. This is the most sad and pathetic thing I have ever read regarding this project.

My Twitter thread

Everything i need to know about that guy, is that he's from Marketing. I could rant about marketing guys and their intelligence insulting marketing bullshit for months. Sadly people really fall for their bullshit.

Flashwit

« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
In a delicious bit of irony, I think it's clear that he doesn't know a damn thing about game development if he thinks this is par for the course.
That list of games is very nice, but in their 6th year of development those games were wrapping up final touches or heading into their final year of development. Star Citizen is at the same point and they're not even midway through development.

Let's imagine they have infinite money. This thing still wouldn't be 'done' until at least a decade of development. What a crackpot.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #658 on: December 22, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »
In a delicious bit of irony, I think it's clear that he doesn't know a damn thing about game development if he thinks this is par for the course.
That list of games is very nice, but in their 6th year of development those games were wrapping up final touches or heading into their final year of development. Star Citizen is at the same point and they're not even midway through development.

Let's imagine they have infinite money. This thing still wouldn't be 'done' until at least a decade of development. What a crackpot.
If your company gets sued, it's almost Game Over.

StanTheMan

« Reply #659 on: December 22, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Everything i need to know about that guy, is that he's from Marketing. I could rant about marketing guys and their intelligence insulting marketing bullshit for months. Sadly people really fall for their bullshit.

Er no.

There are some very bright and able people working in Marketing.

This chump isn't one of them !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk