Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074914 times)

N0mad

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #705 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:08 AM »
Montoya's hypocrisy is astounding. He condemns incitement, before accusing you (falsely) of doing so and then describing you in terms which could itself be interpreted as incitement. The problem is that the whole toxic SC community will be encouraging his behaviour.

This is pretty low even by his standards.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:40:38 AM by N0mad »

helimoth

« Reply #706 on: January 01, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
I know it's like water off a duck's back to you Derek, when you get insults like that wishing your death, but nobody is made of stone. It's his problem not yours.  ;)

Flashwit

« Reply #707 on: January 01, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
Fun fact, I'm a member of Test Squadron. I joined back when things weren't totally fucked up in SC land. It's been years since I've been back on those forums but I didn't think Montoya would be the kind of guy to go off the deep end like this.

Oh well.

nightfire

« Reply #708 on: January 01, 2018, 11:59:17 AM »
Well, Happy New Year to all of you fellow Goons Behind The Three Moons!

Do try to learn a bit more about game development in 2018 so that you don't look like a bunch of totally ignorant tools of the Stimperor anymore!

I, for one, will treat myself to this masterpiece.

:supaburn:

Kyrt

« Reply #709 on: January 01, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
4) The gamer shooting in Kansas happened and I Tweeted this

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/946812430788816896

To be fair to all sides, given the tragedy of the situation, I have to say that I found this tweet of yours to be in poor taste.

Regardless of your intent, it does come across...strongly...as using the tragedy to push your own argument.

IMO...it would have been better to leave it alone and to have done nothing more than issue a statement of commiseration. Mentioning the tragedy in this manner comes across as rather crass, regardless of the point you were trying to make.

N0mad

« Reply #710 on: January 01, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »
To be fair to all sides, given the tragedy of the situation, I have to say that I found this tweet of yours to be in poor taste.

Regardless of your intent, it does come across...strongly...as using the tragedy to push your own argument.

IMO...it would have been better to leave it alone and to have done nothing more than issue a statement of commiseration. Mentioning the tragedy in this manner comes across as rather crass, regardless of the point you were trying to make.

I'm not defending the tweet, but note that the tweet doesn't single anybody out, just a non-specific group, nor does it incite hatred towards said group. Poor taste would be the limit of the criticism in this case. Contrast this with the stance Montoya took in his last video where he spends most of the time effectively inciting hatred towards a single individual. There's a huge difference.

jwh1701

« Reply #711 on: January 01, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »
Hello Derek,

I got time to read and look over all that you posted in #704 hard to get through it in one sitting due to the insanity of it all. I was surprised to see Sandi get involved in this kind of behavior. Even harder for me to watch this type of behavior is becoming the norm and is systemic from the work place to universities. A particular person I watch from time to time has documented with screenshots of people releasing multiple times where is young children go to school. I'm glad you document and document everything as I do the same. I had people attempt to lie and malign my character but due to my diligence I had documented and recorded what they we had discussed. The person disliked I did not agree and went on a rampage posting lies about what we discussed and my character. After trying to get them to confess it was lies and to stop, I finally had to release the whole recorded conversation. Sadly when you take a stand for something in this sad world you better document and record everything, I'm glad to hear you are taking those steps.

Kyrt

« Reply #712 on: January 01, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
I'm not defending the tweet, but note that the tweet doesn't single anybody out, just a non-specific group, nor does it incite hatred towards said group. Poor taste would be the limit of the criticism in this case. Contrast this with the stance Montoya took in his last video where he spends most of the time effectively inciting hatred towards a single individual. There's a huge difference.

I certainly found Montoyas post to be bad as well, but that doesn't change how I feel about Derek Smarts post.

I won't engage in debates as to who is right or which one is worse.

I simply feel Derek Smarts  post was...IMO...in poor taste and, whether it was meant to or not, gave the impression he was using the tragedy to push a personal vendetta.

Others may feel differently, but again IMO the correct thing to do would simply have been to offer condolences to the family.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #713 on: January 02, 2018, 06:40:56 AM »

First, I invite you to read this again - specifically the top part where I mentioned the SWATting threats I have received from guys in the Star Citizen community.

It's all about context. Too often, some people either miss the context, or don't know enough about the subject matter to render an opinion worthy of note.

Not that I have to explain it, but people who know that I have been sent violence and death threats, as well as having been threatened with SWATting by guys in the very same Star Citizen community, would immediately understand my Tweet, and get the context.

So no, I didn't just throw it out there.

I simply feel Derek Smarts  post was...IMO...in poor taste and, whether it was meant to or not, gave the impression he was using the tragedy to push a personal vendetta.

Others may feel differently, but again IMO the correct thing to do would simply have been to offer condolences to the family.

In poor taste? Are you serious? How is it different from people getting killed by others with access to guns, but we can still have those discussions without being accused of capitalizing on a tragedy? Or should we not discuss it at all, on the off chance that we offend someone?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 06:46:19 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #714 on: January 02, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
I'm glad in the updated the twitter with your new comments so people will not take your swatting statement out of context.
I'm sure the majority following him  has not seen the mega thread you posted on the violence and bodily harm they wish on you.
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/948182173860990976

No telling what they may try considering Montoya already went off the deepen linking the "make an example" remark to bodily injury or even hurting his family.

lurker_404

« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »
Just a quickly thing; coming back to numbers.

I'm still surprised that from the 2.000.000 "citizens" ONLY 322.000 are subsribed to the SC Youtube channel.
Just only 16% of the "population".
Which is really not a high percentage for invested and involved backers.
Could the "real population" be far less than presented?

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #717 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking he's mad? FF to 27:26. It's amazing

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #718 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking he's mad? FF to 27:26. It's amazing
That was epic,  :lol:
The fps are absolutely pathetic, if they ever add vr as promised it will be the barf simulator.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:17:10 PM by jwh1701 »

Wipeout

« Reply #719 on: January 14, 2018, 06:16:55 PM »

That was epic,  :lol:
The fps are absolutely pathetic, if they ever add vr as promised it will be the barf simulator.

haha, "Barf Simulator" :thumbsup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk