Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074156 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #825 on: March 06, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
The 'Tales of Citizens' podcast, one of the longest running since the original 2012 Kickstarter, has bailed. He's lost faith in the game, no longer passionate about it etc.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #826 on: March 06, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »
The 'Tales of Citizens' podcast, one of the longest running since the original 2012 Kickstarter, has bailed. He's lost faith in the game, no longer passionate about it etc.

Interesting that he is not directly blaming cig, wonder if the die hard believers have soured the experience for him. Went back and watched his dec 5 video and he did not seem to off towards SC at that time.

GaryII

« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:02 AM »
Interesting that he is not directly blaming cig,

I think he is just lying...he just does not want to anger SC Defence Forces, but d/l ratio is 16/7 so... 
 In general no surprise, because even big SC streams are't playing game anymore because performance is just horrible and no new content...   

Aya Reiko

« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:25 AM »
Interesting that he is not directly blaming cig, wonder if the die hard believers have soured the experience for him. Went back and watched his dec 5 video and he did not seem to off towards SC at that time.
You'll see why he's jumping ship if you go to his videos tab and switch view to "Most Popular". 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2018, 06:14:48 AM »
I think he is just lying...he just does not want to anger SC Defence Forces, but d/l ratio is 16/7 so... 

I agree. You can tell from the video (see the slight wink at the end there?) that his reason for bailing is clear. Also, why would he need to make a video that he's bailing? Others have quietly slinked away without any fanfare or warning.

It's the mantra for those who were once avid believers and who - at all costs - will never admit that they backed the wrong horse, were scammed etc.

Heck, even on Spectrum, Reddit etc, each time you see one of the faithful attempt to express concern or dissent, they have to precede it with the non-disclaimer bullshit like "...I like the game, I think it's awesome...but"

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2018, 06:15:58 AM »

Yeah, that was at the height of the 3.1 Jesus Patch debut. Now they see that the emperor had no knickers.  :emot-laffo:

jwh1701

« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2018, 07:17:33 AM »
After reading all three response GaryII, Aya Reiko, dsmart, I just took at face value and did not think about ulterior motives.
But after reading your posts it really does make sense now for why he would come up with such an odd reason to quit something you supposedly really like. 

Motto

« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2018, 07:56:15 AM »
It's not the fault that CIG is taking so long, it's my fault that I don't have the patience.

jwh1701

« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2018, 08:45:26 AM »
Interesting vid, but still shouts its something that's never been done before.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »
It's not the fault that CIG is taking so long, it's my fault that I don't have the patience.

:emot-laffo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
Interesting vid, but still shouts its something that's never been done before.

You see, the more they claim "it's never been done before", the more likely it is to come true.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:53:53 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »
You see, the more they claim "it's never been done before", the more likely it is to come true.  :rolleyes:
:emot-lol:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:00:40 AM by jwh1701 »

GaryII

« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »

Yeah...and it will stay as never done...ever...

Current state of SC after 6 years and 180m shows, that "old" model with publishers is better for AAA development, because if you do not have publisher that keeps you in check, project can go off the rails with feature creep and endless refactorings..
Especially if you have perfectionist guru with history (Freelancer...) as CEO... 

And this looks like is true for other kickstarters too, e.g. System shock fail...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:44:56 AM by GaryII »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2018, 10:26:25 AM »
:emot-lol:

It's amazing. Despite the fact that there is literally NOTHING in the game that hasn't been done before, they've been uttering and spreading that croberts-inspired bullshit forever.

For example, this is a now deleted Reddit meltdown someone shared on SA and which exhibits this same problem.

This random Derek Smart meltdown quickly explained:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:31:18 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
And this looks like is true for other kickstarters too, e.g. System shock fail...

The $1.4M Robotech Kickstarter is an absolute disaster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk