Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075745 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:46:43 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #886 on: April 05, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #887 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:40 PM »
Right.

The Star Citizen VP of marketing, and Chris Roberts's wife - just now in a recorded broadcast, claims they're "selling" stuff.

So it's a "sale" then.

Yup.

Called it.

Moving on!

@ 41:00 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #888 on: April 05, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »

helimoth

« Reply #889 on: April 05, 2018, 05:31:56 PM »
Wow. This is the best community - ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8a3jo7/still_running_like_crap/

The only pleasure the shitizens get now is by tearing each other down. They get slapped around by their abusive husband, conman-chris, and then distribute this behavior in turn on to each other. no wonder everyone who is smart has gotten a refund already

jwh1701

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:27:41 PM by jwh1701 »

Motto

« Reply #891 on: April 06, 2018, 06:56:24 AM »
That last one is a bad url. They were quick.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #893 on: April 09, 2018, 08:14:46 AM »
A rare Grand Admiral makes an appearance. The result is hilarious.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/back-to-roots-fix-player-experience-first

My favorite comment is the first one. And 31 (as of this post) members found this tripe worthy of an up-vote:

I should perhaps create a Twitter thread about all the ways that what he wrote above is the usual head-in-sand apologist bullshit. The primary reason that the project is an absolute train wreck.

1) They're never - ever - going to be able to fix performance. Like ever. I recall when 3.1 was just out and the servers were empty, some idiots where making shit up on-the-fly that it was somehow faster. It wasn't even 48hrs after it was released, that it dawned on everyone that they didn't fix shit. It was just another card in the roadmap - marked as complete - which ended up being a placebo effect on some.

Our respondent is a moron.

What our respondent posted is pure and utter rubbish. Since 2016 CIG has been touting one thing (item 2.0, serialized variables, network bind culling etc) to the next, as they continued to make excuses for performance issues. They literally write about this in various bulletins, while talking about in their shows. I've also written several articles going all the way back to 2016 which laid out clearly why NONE of what they were saying, would make a difference. This proved to be true not only in 3.0, but in 3.1 which they stunned me by somehow releasing something in worse shape than 3.0 before it. Something they created (after trimming it by over 50%) based on their own "schedule".

What these guys don't yet realize is that, as 3.1 has shown, it's only going to get worse as they add more stuff to the game. There is NO way they're making an MMO out of this. No way. It's going to remain a session based game with 64 client max cap that will continue to suffer with bugs and performance issues.

Remember, they still only have these two moons and a planetoid. Imagine what will happen if/when they eventually get all of Stanton (1 system of the 100 promised) built. Hurston is coming in 3.3 and ArcCorp in 3.4. Well, take a look at the map.

2) It's cute that OP is talking about bugs, even as the list continues to grow. From what I can tell, they fix 10 things, and 33 more pop up. That's actually not an exaggeration; I track these things by comparing their bug fixes in the changelog, to the issue council.

It's amazing that the issue of bugs in a 7 yr, $180m+ project that's over THREE YEARS late and has had over 500+ people working on it at some point or another, warrants a flippant response and accompanying rhetoric. While ignoring the fact that in both 3.0 and 3.1, there were more bugs than gameplay features (planetary tech was the only notable thing in 3.0 - and it's a mess). And there are currently 5000+ known & reported bugs in issue council.

3) Like the entry before it, that's a standard bug caused by the fact that the elevator is an entity that's part of the ship model. Unlike the ship, it knows nothing about the world around it, let alone the terrain. Which is why it can go below it, and one hilarious video I shared last week, go up into the sky and out of the ship. Considering that they have had elevator related bugs like this for YEARS, is testament to the fact that these are considered low priority - and it's not like there's an easy fix.

He ignores simple facts above, while poking at the OP saying that "We all know, CIG leaves all the bugs in just to annoy you.". The people who tend to write things like that, are those who can't come up with reasonable counter or explanation.

4) The "flight" model has been broken for years. Each time they try to "fix" it, they somehow manage to make it worse. It doesn't have as much to do with being an fps engine, as it does it being about physics. It has to do with math and knowledge of flight dynamics, as well as parameters for each ship. They don't appear to have anyone who knows wtf they are doing with this. I have written so many flight models in my time, that I pretty much know that it's not simple and it takes LOTS of iterations to get it just "right" for the type of game.

Ignoring all this, our respondent comes up with arbitrary numbers which he pulled right out of his ass - with zero context - while not even addressing what the OP was talking about the flight engine being shit. Yeah, because replacing an engine or making changes, somehow explains a flight model that's been shit for years now.

5) It's interesting that OP talks about "experience", ignoring the fact that it's a pre-alpha build of a tech demo proof-of-concept. Nothing is supposed to actually work at this point. So it's no surprise that something as simple as carting boxes of rubber dog shit from A to B, is fraught with issues. The issues are not related to the missions. They are related to the fact that engine which the missions and experience rely upon, is badly broken.

Yes, it's pre-Alpha, but that's not the point anyone is making at this point. And those who keep harping that bullshit, are using it as excuse. As I mentioned in one of my Tweets, at this rate, and considering everything they have yet to do - assuming they don't keep cutting things - this project has another +7 years to go. Which means that it's pretty much dead.

Our respondent is a moron. But you already knew that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:17:34 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #894 on: April 09, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
I wonder, could you maybe say something about the mental condition of our respondent?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #895 on: April 09, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
I wonder, could you maybe say something about the mental condition of our respondent?

Insane maybe?

Motto

« Reply #896 on: April 09, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
That's a bit harsh wouldn't you say? I'd be thinking more like he's a moron?

GaryII

« Reply #897 on: April 09, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »

Maybe he needs to watch latest Nikki Batgirl video to calm down:

Everything is fine!
SC is great!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #898 on: April 09, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »
So there's this Shitizen on Reddit (Kazan) who some idiots think is me.

That's Derek Meek, on Twitter.

I'm Derek Smart, on Twitter

We only share the same first name, and the spelling. That's not me - and I don't use alts.

He's a bona fide Shitizen who I blocked on Twitter back in 2015 at the height of the Star Citizen fiasco.

I would never - ever - post things like this.

And I would never go around seeking validation from the Internet.

Yeah, that's him. See the link in the image top-right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/2gymw0/reminder_imgur_tos_aka_dont_upload_anything_you/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/7m2u3d/people_who_make_100000_a_year_what_do_you_do/drrr8jo/

UPDATE

My Twitter thread about this. https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/983670462990438400

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:57:45 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #899 on: April 12, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
For the record, Beet (who became mod in 2016 after I was no longer a mod) and FactsAreUseless (who I reported to Lowtax for banning me for no plausible reason), got together and banned me for the above post.

This would'nt be news, except for the fact that they're accusing me of doxing because....get this...I made a post in which I referenced someone I knew. Derek Meek.

To be clear:

1) There is zero liability for someone clicking on my forum link on SA.

2) Social media links (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc) to profiles is not doxxing

3) I was banned last year by FAU (which is how Beer & Beet became mods) for posting a scammer's FB profile. Why do you think I didn't provide a LinkedIn profile for Meek?

4) And how is a Twitter link different from a LinkedIn profile - when they're both public info?

5) e.g. @Draginol (a.k.a Brad Wardell) is an old friend of mine. So how does my posting something that references him, amount to doxing? There are MANY people on social media whose aliases (known) don't match their real names (known). Meek - who I know - is one of those people.

6) On what planet do people get banned for what they post on other sites? Let alone for doxing?

Then, Beet went from saying this (in my SArap sheet) :

I cannot fathom how after all this time you still think it's okay to post random redditors' full names and linkedin accounts. I don't know if it's because you believe you're above the rules or because you believe you're not breaking them, but either way it's unacceptable and - if I'm being honest here - a little sad.

It's FALSE of course, as my original post proves.

Then he later changed his story - several posts later - to say "Oh wait, it was about a link to his forum".

FYI: For those of you who don't know how SA works, the avatar and Red text you see next to my profile name, aren't my original ones. Anyone can buy someone else an avatar for $10. It's a form of trolling. And Shitizens use it often. It costs them $10 to do it, it costs the SA profile owner (e.g. me), $5 to change it back.

My latest statement on my Discord channel:

I was actually scheduled to talk to Lowtax on the phone yesterday; but I opted against it. I will stall call him to see how he's doing from his op. But I want some time to pass because I know that any discussion with him, is going to bring up this bullshit.

I thought long and hard about the decision to not get him involved.

While some (even those here who I hold in the highest regard, such as yourself) may still think I tend to skirt (like I would deny something like that. not even my style) the rules a bit much, I have strong convictions when it comes to certain things. One of those things is that I do not like being bullied, lied about., or lied to.

It was never my intention to dox anyone. And I didn't. That Beet and FAU who have been gunning for me since 2016 (when I was de-modded over that whole FB scammer doxing bullshit) would somehow manage to shoehorn this Meek issue into that, is the height of bullying. So I am not inclined to go convince Lowtax (who got banned on Twitter, and for something he disagreed with) to let me back in (which he would do just for the lol effect because he's insane like that) just to prove something to anyone. I don't need to do that; and I'm not going to. Even before it became a perma, I could have paid the $10, to re-activate. But as you can see from my posts here and in the other channel, I didn't even do that. Next thing I know, it was upgraded (by FAU) to a perma. That was the end of that.

This incident, just like the 2016 one, reminded me again why I had left SA so many years ago; and only came back during this SC fiasco when someone pleaded with me, then paid the $10 to re-activate my new account (as I had lost my original credentials when my email was on ix.netcom.com and couldn't recover it). There are plenty of places where I don't fit in, that's why I don't go to them. It's the reason why I block people I would rather not engage with because I know that it can be difficult for me to exercise restraint.

I am never - ever - going back to SA.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:25:01 PM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk