Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076752 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #960 on: May 08, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »
Yo Matt! You know you are fucked, right?

Yes, it's the usual inconsequential tripe.

They're all bracing for what comes next; so they've now started hedging their bets that the project is a complete failure.

We're just going to continue pointing and laughing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #961 on: May 08, 2018, 03:24:27 PM »
Well, Star Citizen streamers are writing blogs now too. @badnewsbaron has written before - never once adding the disclaimer that he is over $15K invested in the project, and has an on-going working relationship with the company.

UPDATE:

LOL!! Well that's new. Didn't mention the $15K yet though. Let's give him time.

This bloke had no integrity whatsoever..

It’s enabled the infrastructure that is turning Star Citizen into not just a dream of the most ambitious game ever, but the real deal, and one now visibly on track to near future completion.

Star Chip

« Reply #962 on: May 08, 2018, 06:24:03 PM »
That guy form last video was a proud SC shill from 2015 to earlier this year, I just know one day he is gonna be pissed, hard. This left me thinking will SC eventually end up with only Noobfert Boredgamer and Geogetmoney. Will they also end up fucked hard? Or are they getting paid by CIG to be their mouth piece?

krylite

« Reply #963 on: May 09, 2018, 04:25:07 AM »

The reality is very simple: CIG/RSI is filling their own and other forums with fake posts by fake backers to convince the few dozen remaining whales to stay faithful to their "dreams". Which are not their own dreams but the boilerplate you quoted most likely created by CIG's VP of marketing.

There is nothing more to it, it's completely pointless to bother with these posts. Don't fall for their tricks.

Yep there have been a few annoying threads and posts in the ED forum by newcomers out of nowhere sometimes subtly or stealthily praising SC and "predicting" "migration" to SC from a "dying" ED someday. Reeks of shameless shilling trying to take advantage of the lull between ED updates which always has some players who continue to add hundreds to thousands of hours playing ED each year, but often take ED's achievements & Frontier's commitment for granted too easily month after month where the SC shilling tries to take advantage and divert attention to SC's ponzi (obviously hoping to get some more $ubscribed to the "newsletters" or more $hip jpeg sales)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:33:39 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #964 on: May 11, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »
So this landed in my inbox some days ago.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #965 on: May 11, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
So this landed in my inbox some days ago.

Wow that is terrible, based on CIG's response you could make a lot of money this way if you had
no soul or moral compass to interfere with sleeping at night.

Update:
My first thought that this was terrible, but I was thinking about this little and thought that there is a lot risk on the buyers part and I can sort of understand why CIG would take this stance. Since there is so much selling with this demo it could cause a great deal of overhead for any company in the same situation. Even if you went through like paypal and wonder how they would handle the situation? In my 13 years of ebay I cannot count the number of times I was attempted to be stolen from, unlike SC how would a outside cc processor determine validity of the account exchange?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:39:36 AM by jwh1701 »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #966 on: May 11, 2018, 11:57:07 AM »
The solution is simple and in the ToS: Accounts are not for resale, otherwise CIG would have implemented an official account transfer function.

So why should any developer bother with anybody who didn't give them any money, because he sent some schmuck money via PayPal?

N0mad

« Reply #967 on: May 11, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
Oh dear. The irony is that even if the guy had given CIG $2000 directly, he was still being scammed - it would have just taken longer for him to realise it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:05:55 PM by N0mad »

jwh1701

« Reply #968 on: May 11, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
The solution is simple and in the ToS: Accounts are not for resale, otherwise CIG would have implemented an official account transfer function.

So why should any developer bother with anybody who didn't give them any money, because he sent some schmuck money via PayPal?

Yep that is what I'm thinking as well after giving it thought, I try to think if I had a company. I would not want to try and work out who's stealing from
who in this situation and cost my self tech support dollars in the process that did not benefit the company.

Scruffpuff

« Reply #969 on: May 11, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »
Oh dear. The irony is that even if the guy had given CIG $2000 directly, he was still being scammed - it would have just taken longer for him to realise it.

Was logging in to post literally this :)

jwh1701

« Reply #970 on: May 11, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »

I feel guilty for laughing as I  hate to see theft, but did not yet considered this aspect.  :perfect:

Bubba

« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
Look, if you're a developer and not a moron, you really don't want a secondary market around your goods. They can be used for gambling, money laundering, and all number of illegal activities. Plus, you make the market for your virtual goods more efficient, and more efficient means less profitable.
CIG's solution in this case, if what is alleged here is indeed their dolution, shows how corrupt they are.  In this case, they should have pointed to the ToS and nuked the account. End of story.

StanTheMan

« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2018, 03:08:44 PM »
Yep that is what I'm thinking as well after giving it thought, I try to think if I had a company. I would not want to try and work out who's stealing from
who in this situation and cost my self tech support dollars in the process that did not benefit the company.

and all this stuff is not new.

It is unfortunate for the guy who was scammed, but he took a risk.

jwh1701

« Reply #973 on: May 11, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
and all this stuff is not new.

It is unfortunate for the guy who was scammed, but he took a risk.

It is sad so much theft, in the one pve game I play it happens so much. We try and keep track of the names
but trion will not let us post the names or videos of thefts. What is so weird as there are people in defiance
that just play to steal even if we get the word out on the person they just start another character.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #974 on: May 11, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »
CIG has no part in this. It's between the buyer and the seller. He got scammed. It happens.

As the seller is legally allowed to sell digital items, if he [seller] hadn't reclaimed the account from CIG, then the buyer would have a case if this was CIG not allowing him the account.

Since the seller scammed the buyer, by reclaiming the account, the buyer has NO recourse.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk