Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077537 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1110 on: June 16, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
This never gets old. This is the sort of thing we've been dealing with and loling at - incessantly.

"Evocati get 3.0 and Pastor Mitauchi leads the faithful in prayer"

3.0 build (1 yr late) was released on Dec 23 2017.

It was pure shit. And still is.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1111 on: June 16, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
No news from batgirl?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1112 on: June 18, 2018, 05:09:06 AM »
No news from batgirl?

Like Ben, who used to be frequent on her show, she's a side-lined has-been. So nobody even knows or cares about what she's up to anymore.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1113 on: June 20, 2018, 08:08:41 AM »
He has me blocked, but this is one of Star Citizen's most prominent whales (and he loves to show off and tell everyone about it. Status thing, you see).

He's a bit "off", if you know what I mean.

So yeah, he converted to Legatus. Putting this hear for posterity - and lols

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1003699894819938306

Greggy_D

« Reply #1114 on: June 20, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »

So deliciously awesome when that becomes worthless.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1115 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:06 PM »
Yes - mining is totally going to be a blast!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/396642-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v8?p=6799281&viewfull=1#post6799281

Another thing that they still don't seem to have addressed, that also feeds into the whole botting problem is this: what's the point of the mechanic? To earn money? To create materials? To just waste time? Gameplay problem aside, what motivation does the game world even offer for this profession?

(Much) less so in ED, but even in EVE the dull droning whirr of mining lasers had a very specific and critically important purpose: to provide all the materials that everything was built out of. In SC, we've been told, this is not the case because of its [long-winded not updated, probably refactored and obsolete 9-to-1 AI relationship] economy.

Why mine if the materials are already available? It can't be for manufacture, because opportunity cost is a thing — mining your own materials does not make them free (as anyone who has played EVE has been forced to learn). You can't drive prices up because the AI market supposedly does not let you, and even if you could, that would just mean that your mining ship was now too costly to replace and you couldn't risk it on something as silly as mining. If it is for money, then how will it be worth your time? The material cost must be part of what sets the price of all equipment, and mining is at the very lowest rung on that ladder — no value whatsoever has been added at this stage. So why spend time doing this mini game compared to something that requires equal attention but most likely pays many times more?

This whole design reeks of a complete lack of context or systematic design thought. The hands-off (and still ubiquitously botted) EVE mining worked exactly because it was hands-off: you didn't earn much, but that was commensurate to how little you had to pay attention, and there were clear dynamics behind how much your (in)attention was valued. With this system, CIG demand the player's attention, but will that investment on the player's behalf be worth it? You can't know until the economy is thought out, and the last time they discussed the economy, it was very clear they had no idea what the word even meant (much less how others had solved it and why).

N0mad

« Reply #1116 on: June 20, 2018, 02:02:53 PM »
Well, I have to hand it to CIG with 3.2: they certainly know their audience. Who needs actual gameplay when you can have a shiny ship like the 600i to walk around and admire all the high fidelity textures. All the cultists are loving it, even if nothing on the ship actually works yet.

I'm sure there will be more of that with 3.3. Don't try and make a game CIG - just build the ships, it's what the fans want.

jwh1701

« Reply #1117 on: June 20, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »

I wondering if you buy the legatus pack is there enough left over in the game to get to 54k? If not would you not be upset at spending 1k+27k-54k=26k more than you need? If not would you not be the least upset of the almost double the cost before the legatus was released? Maybe he went upgrade crazy to get to that number.

Certainly makes the SC kickstarter an lol

Real quick, Star Citizen is:

A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
    Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
    Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
    Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
    No Subscriptions
    No Pay to Win

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1118 on: June 20, 2018, 09:15:08 PM »
Certainly makes the SC kickstarter an lol
Did you mean: a scam?

N0mad

« Reply #1119 on: June 21, 2018, 10:56:14 AM »
So Montoya has waded into the Drake Vulture hilarity:

There's also a dig at us at the start.

Meowz

« Reply #1120 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »
He's trying to use the theory of convergent evolution to justify the similarities in sci-fi space computer game ship concepts? Wow... I can't believe people bite off on this crap...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1121 on: June 21, 2018, 11:31:28 AM »
He's trying to use the theory of convergent evolution to justify the similarities in sci-fi space computer game ship concepts? Wow... I can't believe people bite off on this crap...

He's quite literally - insane.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1122 on: June 21, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
I wonder how he's going to handle it when the whole scam implodes.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1123 on: June 21, 2018, 11:44:47 AM »
I'm laughing so hard right now

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cad-insurance-time-countdown-clarification/1252985

Hey everyone. I just wanted to maybe clarify something that I maybe didn't make clear on my Calling All Devs about this topic.

Insurance prices, like many other things in the game that will require time to elapse for services/renting habs/getting repairs done/etc to elapse, will be real world time whether you're logged in or not. IE, if you go to a location with a large load of cargo to unload and it is scheduled to take 30 minutes, you could potentially be logged out and this will still happen while you're offline. (Even though our goal is to have more than enough fun things to do while these timers are elapsing...)

This will be true of things like insurance as well AND WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY for anyone that is concerned with that. Ultimately that is what I believe matters here for players. "AKA, am i getting my money's worth for whatever I'm spending my hard earned UEC for?" I understand that many things have been said in the past about all sorts of topics, but like many things as we move forward, things like this are evolving as we develop the game more and more. Star Citizen is a very unique game in the sense that it has not had a set budget like the majority of games out there, so we have the ability to evolve the game much more freely as we go to make, what we think, is a better experience for the players. I hope this clears this topic up a bit for you guys.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1124 on: June 21, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »
I'm laughing so hard right now

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cad-insurance-time-countdown-clarification/1252985
He still doesn't get that things that can be done in an instant in ED could potentially take hours to do in his game and the "fun things to do" are likely not what the players want to do while the game dicks around are not what any sane player wants at all.  Only the mindless zealots would think this is a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk