Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075690 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1215 on: August 06, 2018, 05:58:52 PM »
LOL about the harassment.

What exactly do they expect? This is what happens in an open world MMO when there's NO gameplay to speak of. People make their own fun - just as CR wanted - by killing other players / stealing ships / ramming their ship / harassing players etc.

Scamming (educating) people in game is my gameplay in MMOs ! 

CIG would need an army of GMs to sort out all the whines from players if this tech demo were played by more people.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1216 on: August 11, 2018, 06:02:08 AM »
So the roadmap hasn't been updated in 3 weeks.

Now comes this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/96cwkp/come_on_cig_radio_silence_again/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:05:25 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1217 on: August 11, 2018, 07:20:13 AM »
Oh, the stupidty of some people. Dear god! Here's Typhooni

Nope. And now I am not on mobile anymore I tell you why. They delayed the Open PTU till the 10th of October because they wanted to keep a few surprises in their sleeve at CitCon. It does not make ANY sense to have earlier PTU waves before that, because those are not NDA restricted and will stream and show their stuff. Therefor having a 10th October Live release does not make any sense, nor does having earlier waves of PTU.

Yeah, they're hiding something alright, that's true. Just not something you expect.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:22:28 AM by Motto »

jwh1701

« Reply #1218 on: August 11, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »
So the roadmap hasn't been updated in 3 weeks.

Now comes this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/96cwkp/come_on_cig_radio_silence_again/

I got a little break today and was able to post in that one twice, just wait one more roadmap and the eureka moment is coming any day now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1219 on: August 11, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
Oh, the stupidty of some people. Dear god! Here's Typhooni

Nope. And now I am not on mobile anymore I tell you why. They delayed the Open PTU till the 10th of October because they wanted to keep a few surprises in their sleeve at CitCon. It does not make ANY sense to have earlier PTU waves before that, because those are not NDA restricted and will stream and show their stuff. Therefor having a 10th October Live release does not make any sense, nor does having earlier waves of PTU.

Yeah, they're hiding something alright, that's true. Just not something you expect.

It's amazing to me how they come up with this tripe - seemingly out of thin air.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1220 on: August 13, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
Ho Lee Shit! Suicide watch, then? Another glimpse into the bat sh-t insane psych of a toxic Star Citizen backer who just had a light bulb (yes Virginia, it's totally a scam!) go off deep inside the caverns of an otherwise hollow skull.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/96f803/the_biggest_harm_to_scs_pr_are_the_backers/e44xft9/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:36:54 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #1221 on: August 13, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
Ho Lee Shit! Suicide watch, then? Another glimpse into the bat sh-t insane psych of a toxic Star Citizen backer who just had a light bulb (yes Virginia, it's totally a scam!) go off deep inside the caverns of an otherwise hollow skull.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/96f803/the_biggest_harm_to_scs_pr_are_the_backers/e44xft9/

Sad to see that, I checked his comment history and he was way to emotionally invested for his own well being.

Greggy_D

« Reply #1222 on: August 14, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »

"Just a 40 year old loser living with his elderly parents with no future or hope of a decent life that I used to once have."

Yep....we always knew this described the White Knights to a T.

N0mad

« Reply #1223 on: August 14, 2018, 10:17:53 AM »
It's quite sad to read that guy's comments. But it's fair to say that the modus operandi of all scams is to prey on the hopes and dreams of people like him: earn their confidence and then offer incentives to hand over large amounts of cash in return for empty promises.

Once the ELE has run it's course I think we'll be hearing more sorry tales of how these people were drawn in with CR's promises and ended up spending all their savings on the project because they believed in his lies.

Of course, when that story comes from a toxic Shitizen I'll just be pointing and laughing at them.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1224 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
It's quite sad to read that guy's comments. But it's fair to say that the modus operandi of all scams is to prey on the hopes and dreams of people like him: earn their confidence and then offer incentives to hand over large amounts of cash in return for empty promises.

Once the ELE has run it's course I think we'll be hearing more sorry tales of how these people were drawn in with CR's promises and ended up spending all their savings on the project because they believed in his lies.

Of course, when that story comes from a toxic Shitizen I'll just be pointing and laughing at them.

Precisely.

Also he deleted his Reddit account shortly thereafter.

Meowz

« Reply #1225 on: August 14, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »
More disinformation being spread by the backers. On the video comments at
One Citizen attempting to defend CIG's honor to the comment; "VelociFaptor "Literally everything about this game screams "scam". In development for 7 years and no final product."

with, "Or it’s because they are inventing technology that hasn’t existed and game development takes time. Many great games have taken 7 years to develop, like Fallout 4 for example."

Attempting to call them out I said, "@Justin Robison Which technology are they inventing that hasn't existed? Please be specific. It's not the engine that's for sure, neither is it physics. Not proc gen, or FPS mechanics. Rewriting code from an existing engine isn't "inviting new technology", it's attempting to fix a poor management decision. So again just what are they 'inventing'?"

to which I got the reply of by mansuy adrien;

"Norman Sween alright then, let me spell as much as I can remember on the fly, if you want detailed info ask separately

- dynamic physics grids with no cap on how many dynamic grids there may be.
- item container
- room system (which is actually not about just rooms)
- item container streaming (big thing)
- bind culling (also big thing)
- server meshing (very big thing)
- volumetric smoke (which is also used for nebulaes)
- dynamic scattering (cause lighting need to work with all that atmosphere and clouds and nebulae yo)
- procedural assisted generation  tech (used to make stations, planets and missions, just proc gen done the right way)
- subsumption (because the universe need a head behind it)
- grabby hands ( the thing that allows you to juggle with shit and interact with the world without preset animations)
- FtoIP
- faceware recognition tech
- myRadar dynamic weather systems (for more darude sandstorm)
- dynamic damage system (I swear this thing has another name)
- dynamic sound propagation system (I also swear it also had another name)
- iner thoughts system
- interaction system (seems easy on the surface but relay not when you look at it)
- ballistic system (not implemented due to armor not being in the game right now but it is a very cool concept)

and I am probably forgetting a lot. The entire game has been nothing but brand new stuff. Even if they could have had the same results with easier to implement tech said tech would have been very restrictive, and would have pushed them down the path of elite dangerous, one where adding new core gameplay became impossible due to talking the easy way out."

I replied with, "@mansuy adrien Everything on that list is not bran new. Some of it is just generic development terms. New to you does not mean newly invented. Thing is CIG has a tendency to portray coding that needs to be worked on and finished as "new technology". Also FtoIP and faceware recognition tech was not developed by CIG, it was a third party that Chris Roberts wanted SC to be compatible with (fluff before core mechanics is a whole other argument). Having that misinterpretation is solely the backer's fault because I cannot remember a single time CR, or CIG claimed to have invented that technology themselves. Volumetric smoke is also not new. A lot of those things they've had to tweak to get working within their engine (Cryengine 3, or Lumberyard, makes litter difference as neither was made by CIG). You might argue "They've modded the engine so much that it's now Star Engine." Also not inventing new technology, although in hindsight it would of been a lot smarter to code their own engine than use CryEngine. The biggest source of disinformation from CIG is in fact from the backers, I just blame CIG for intentionally/unintentionally misleading them to make it more sensational."

Hopefully most of what I said is correct, but here is the problem. I see this so commonly echoed and when you try to refute them with "features =/= new technology" you get the classic, "You don't understand game development!" Unfortunately I don't, as a Bio Major I am pretty far from a Developer with Calculus being about the only thing we share in common. This is what CIG and CR does, attempts to portray every single feature as if they invented it. I am mildly surprised that CR and CIG haven't attempted to claim that they have invented PC hardware and OS features themselves to justify the delays which the backers would likely believe. "SQ42 is delayed due to the fact that we had to work with Intel and Microsoft to invent 64bit and SSD that you can buy HERE in order to run SC at the highest levels of fidelity!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:32:10 PM by Meowz »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1226 on: August 14, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »
More disinformation being spread by the backers.

Yeah, saw that one when it fired aired. We were loling so hard on my Discord channel.

As to the comments, they are always a Gold mine of hilarity when Star Citizen videos are aired.

Hopefully most of what I said is correct,

It is. There is NOTHING in that list, nor in Star Citizen, that is new tech by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, they implemented a 64-Bit addressing kludge in CryEngine, and called it "new" tech. This despite the fact that games that I've made, as well as those by ED and others, have been doing that for years.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:55:01 PM by dsmart »

krylite

« Reply #1227 on: August 15, 2018, 01:59:59 AM »

Sad to read. It could be funny if it was a big whaler, but this guy seems to have a lot more pressing problems than idiotically thinking joining a shillizen spite-crusade for years was ever going to make his life better. The miasma of delusion by CR/CIG can be so insidiously powerful to some that it's come to mentally unstable cases like this, which imo, necessitates the shutdown and collapse of this boondoggle in publicly exposed infamy as sooner as possible.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:17:32 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1228 on: August 15, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk