Author Topic: Starflight 3  (Read 4839 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Starflight 3
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:15:09 AM »
Yeah, no way this is getting funded on Fig. 45% of the goal with 7 days to go? Not a chance. Hope I'm wrong though, because the original SF1&2 (currently on GoG btw) were the inspirations for my getting into this gamedev farce.

For the record, I didn't back it for the simple reason that they went out and got endorsements from people who have had **NOTHING** to do with the damn genre. This is like George Foreman pitching insurance policies.

One thing is certain, at least now they know that most of the nostalgic types don't give a sh-t. And my guess is that a large majority of the 2765 current backers never played any of the original games.

If within 24hrs you can't raise even 50% of a measly $800K to remake a game that defined an entire genre, you've probably either done something wrong, or your pitch sucks (which it does, actually).

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/starflight-3
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk