Author Topic: Latest Sale News  (Read 28324 times)

AP

• Smarties
Re: Latest Sale News
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:35:00 AM by AP »

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 02:15:44 AM »

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »
Grab'em while you can folks, the ship's JPEGs are in stock! (LOL!)  :wtchris:

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 03:28:13 PM »

Joseph

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »
The Idris is selling slowly actually, compared to previous sales anyway. Game must be doomed.

Hey Derek,

I don't have the old figures, but did they do as well with the anniversary sale as they have in previous years? I too noticed capital ships were just sitting there unsold :)

Stan

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »
The vast majority of my funding to CIG has come from donations for Anna. For what it's worth. I don't own an Idris. I do like Shakira.

Is Anna your Org name?

Nope. Anna is the name of my VoiceAttack profile that some generous citizens give me money for using. One guy even gave me a constellation. Which is nice. They really are a very nice and generous bunch.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/153203/updated-voiceattack-anna-v6-04-control-everything-with-your-voice

There are going to be a lot of "nice" backers which goes a long way to explaining why a lot of us think CR is a thieving tosser for taking advantage of them in the way that he is.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 07:15:48 AM »
The Idris is selling slowly actually, compared to previous sales anyway. Game must be doomed.

Hey Derek,

I don't have the old figures, but did they do as well with the anniversary sale as they have in previous years? I too noticed capital ships were just sitting there unsold :)

We don't have metrics yet, but you can run the numbers yourself via the funding spreadsheet. Just remember that the funding chart isn't 100% accurate since it neither takes into account refunds, nor investor amounts or bank loans. Plus there's been ample evidence of padding it; which some of us assume is a ploy to show interest in the project.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »

Hey Derek,

We don't have metrics yet, but you can run the numbers yourself via the funding spreadsheet. Just remember that the funding chart isn't 100% accurate since it neither takes into account refunds, nor investor amounts or bank loans. Plus there's been ample evidence of padding it; which some of us assume is a ploy to show interest in the project.

Oh, did they confirm any "official" investors or bank loans?

I had the impression that CR only said backers funding with the possibility of private funding if deemed necessary. I am not aware if it came to that, yet.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »

Hey Derek,

Oh, did they confirm any "official" investors or bank loans?

I had the impression that CR only said backers funding with the possibility of private funding if deemed necessary. I am not aware if it came to that, yet.

They've always had investors. Some (e.g. Bootcha) got their money out. Bank loans are already part of the company filings in the UK. We don't have filings for the US loans, other than information from sources.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk