Author Topic: X4: Foundations  (Read 7483 times)

krylite

X4: Foundations
« on: November 30, 2018, 02:42:46 AM »
Egosoft's new X4 Foundations coming out and releasing today.

OAnt's pre-release streams so far:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlnUEFlyXrA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmDNW1AyWQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqChkwJXeg

( EVA segment, plenty of SC related chat too, lol )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqChkwJXeg&feature=youtu.be&t=1h4m34s

Looks stable and some nice gameplay /w some spacelegs & mining and of course probably much more not yet covered in the streams. The navigation interface features between and within the sectors looks slick. Egosoft seems to have made up for their X:R debacle while combining some old nice features of X2 ( EVA, ship to ship docking) & Rebirth's "space highways". The vistas look smoother and better with rotating planets but overall background is static of course. Chat comments with some of the usual 'X vs. SC vs. ED' drama and comparisons, "can you land on planets?" etc.  As expected, the shilling-zens were pathetically out, trying to stem another death knell of CIG-SC, but of course passerbys were not buying it. :emot-lol:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:26:29 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: X4: Foundations
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:36:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to diving in this weekend.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 06:01:16 PM »
So far a pleasant experience with only a few minor bugs/undescribed "features" (somehow being able to teleport back onto onces ship from a station). Not nessecarily a fan of the scanning mechanic of stations. But it feels like a nice X game, which ran really smooth so far. Can't wait to see bigger fleets and how the actual building pans out in terms of performance and such.
As always it's not really beautiful eye candy, with high fidelity like SC.
Up until now i'm carefully positive that i'll have lots of fun the next hours i'll play it. Unless they force me to race through a freaking asteroid tunnel like they did with X3/X2 (can't remember) -_- .

McDrake

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »
Always nice to see  space games played by Obsidian Ant (he has a nice voice too :) )

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »
Yeah, I followed his live streams on the game. Quite good. And yeah, that voice. Almost puts me to sleep. :)

dexatron

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
Wow it looks really good, even with bugs its far more than SC!!!  I'm going to play this one.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:55:35 PM »
I still haven't played it. :emot-lol:

krylite

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
I admit I haven't played it either, as I'm busy enjoying ED. I had played X2 and X3: Reunion, and reviews have mentioned X4 is a modernized version of the best features of both of those, however still greatly unpolished. And I often wait, sometimes years later with a good price drop before trying a release I'm not entirely enthused about. Also, I had already built a bunch of factories and the remote controlled fleet of cargo and resource transports in X2 and X3, so I've been kind of tired to do the similar gameplay all over again in X4.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:43:33 PM by krylite »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk