Author Topic: Subnautica  (Read 8193 times)

jwh1701

Subnautica
« on: December 08, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »
Saw that is was going to be a free gift from Epic, not my usual genre but I'm certainly going give it a play though.

Download is one week starting 14th and its permanent ownership.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/subnautica/home
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:32:49 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Subnautica
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »
It's a good game. But it's kinda different though.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

ShoHashi

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »
It's a great game!  One of the few that I actually played through to the end!  I highly recommend it! :)

jwh1701

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
It's a great game!  One of the few that I actually played through to the end!  I highly recommend it! :)

Sounds good the graphics are certainly nice and bright from what I've seen on youtube. Just comes down to is the building and exploration entertaining.

jwh1701

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »
It's officially available on the epic store for free today.

jwh1701

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »
I'm genuinely enjoying the game, I'm having terrible rng with the little blue flounders and dying often.
Then I wasn't paying attention that food rots and died before I could get more. Exploration is fun and the game picks up after getting the upgraded oxygen tanks, fins and re-breather. Exploration is very fun but the food and especially the water run out fast.

ShoHashi

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 06:24:29 AM »
Knew you'd like it! :)

jwh1701

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 10:31:32 PM »
Knew you'd like it! :)

My only gripe with the game is the length I'm 3 days in and could leave the planet after just 2 1/2 days. I consider myself a competitionist and will continue to beacon every discovery. Other than the length the game as been al ot of fun and exploration/scanner was a meaningful part of the game. I had bunch of fun coming back to the cyclops with no power the first time I used silent running in the fire zone, I did not realize the power draw and left it on. Had to leave my prawn behind and use its cells to get to the surface with just 5% power left. I would love to see the subzero be at least 20 times the size of this version.

ShoHashi

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 06:29:56 AM »
Totally agree...but it was a good game nonetheless!  Looking forward to the sequel! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk