Author Topic: Battletech Game  (Read 16011 times)

jwh1701

Re: Battletech Game
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 07:30:34 AM »
Most of the reviews said at the moment it has potential but the bugs are very numerous. I love mech games and I had a blast with Steel Battalion, ended up selling the game and controller for much more than I paid.  I'm hoping that this game is fun been a long time since I play something like this.

Steel Battalion Controller
https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Battalion-Xbox/dp/B00006ZCCD
Crazy prices

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 06:08:16 PM »
I still haven't found time to play it. :(
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mtn355

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 07:10:21 AM »
... meanwhile, In the aurigan reach in the inner sphere -
I have 110+ hours ingame - and boy fits me that game loop right!

This game will keep me entertained for years to come.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »
Damnit! I own the game, but keep forgetting to play it. So many games, so little time.  :negativeman-55f:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mtn355

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 03:03:13 PM »
Meanwhile, in the inner sphere...

I am at 150+ hours ingame and counting.
I have finished the campaign, all my roge mechwarriors are still alive - i have maxed out all of them - and now it's hunting time for mech parts in the inner sphere.

The community is very acitve, and there are currently 253 mods up and running: https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/
most noteworthy is the hangar of the disposessed - which brings back the WHM and MAD + variants - and of course roguetech.
Dozens of little QoL stuff, which fixes nearly every little quirk the vanilla version of the game might had.

The studio is also actively engaged in post-launch services, Main Version is 1.1.2 now, with 4-5 updates since release. Although i never encountered any bugs mentioned in the changelogs.

But - the most important thing for me:

The game is very playable on my 2-year old Thinkpad T460s since the very beginning!
Ok, my fidelity settings are medium at most - but thats enough for me. Giant! Stomping! Robots! Can't get enough of'em.

Best regards,
MT

mtn355

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »
some impressions:

mtn355

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »
some more:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »
I keep promising to play this, but haven't found time.

mtn355

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 03:33:56 AM »
Meanwhile, in the inner sphere... :

BattleTech patch 1.8 has been released along with the 3rd DLC Cotent, "Heavy Metal":
now this game is basically Feature Complete - and with official mod support, too!
[The modders have a big headache from this one, the official release messes up with the former ModTek process, but hey - this beast is here to stay.]
More than that, they finally delivered the two most anticipated "unseen" mechs to date (for free!), the marauder and the warhammer.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/22/battletechs-hard-hitting-heavy-metal-expansion-is-out-now/

Can't wait to start a new campaign over the holidays along with all three DLC included in the seasons' pass.

So if you haven't played the game yet, now is a good time to start with that.

(I will wait a couple of days until the dust has settled and my favorite QoL mods will work again in 1.8)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 10:34:36 AM »
I still haven't played this.  :negativeman-55f:

mtn355

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:51 AM »
So... The holidays now might be a good time, then!

I'm looking forward to start a fresh new campaign with the current state of trhe enging, and a few QoL mods this winter :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk