Games > Star Citizen

The awful microtransactions ruin the game

(1/2) > >>

vintologi.com:
I remember seeing the original kickstarter where they promised spending would be capped to prevent pay 2 win, well that quickly went out the window.

But whats really bad is things like lifetime insurance where you will just get a new ship if you lose it, this also means things like piracy will not really be viable since otherwise insurance fraud would become a possibility. It wouldn't be as bad if you had to wait until your ship you paid for is destroyed until you can get a new one back but even that is really bad pay 2 win mechanic.

In eve online if you lose a ship then its lost for real.

vintologi.com:
The entire thing is actually really confusing, its really unfriendly towards new players.

They have painted themselves into a corner and eventually they will have to throw big backers under the bus or the game will be essentially unplayable for people unwilling to pay 1000$+

Judge_dolly_OG:
Well the good thing is there is no game to ruin with microtransactions macrotransations. The macrotransactions are the game.

DemonInvestor:
Yeah, the real fun begins if you ever try to add all those tidbits systems they've described into a combined thing. As you'll run into so many questionmarks, it becomes really funny.
But regarding the pirating, my last information was that you'd to buy something like a letter of marque or something for every single ship you want to steal, or that there wouldn't be any stealing at all.

So who knows, what they did if they'd ever come around, which they most likely won't.

dsmart:
I mean whoever didn't see this coming is a fool. Since the very start when they started selling ships, thus turning the game into a high-end MT game, we knew this was going to be the inevitable conclusion. Even the grind to buy ships is sloppy, lopsided and complete bs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version