Author Topic: Latest Star Citizen Insider Leaks  (Read 72634 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Latest TheAgent Leaks
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 04:05:01 PM »
Maybe CIG realises that so they're getting their profit now?

Well that's how a Ponzi scheme works. They are getting the money upfront; regardless of what they do later. Which could be nothing at all.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jeezontorst

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 03:06:49 AM »
Funny to look back on these from earlier this year, people may have been in denial at the time but they're looking pretty accurate now...

http://imgur.com/a/wyBNW

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 07:29:48 PM »
Yeah, they've all been in denial. Just wait and see what happens after the holidays.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
Today's Star Citizen leaks courtesy of TheAgent. Some I already knew and tweeted about.

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year

"if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard damn time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only"

Stan

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 05:32:19 AM »
Sounds about right.

Can we have a stab at writing Chris Robert's press release for when the whole thing goes tits up ?

We also know that if they release SQ42 in some form before the announcement,  there will be plenty of people ready to make excuses as to why it is really only a chapter 1 Alpha.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:36:39 AM by Stan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 06:51:51 AM »
Well, as I tweeted yesterday, word is that he's preparing yet another missive for the troops. I hope I'm in it.  :smug:

Seriously, once the collapse comes, it's hard to imagine how they're going to twist it. One narrative that springs to mind is they will say the refunds prevented CIG from completing the vision, and they did the right thing to issue them.  :stonk:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
Today's Star Citizen leaks courtesy of TheAgent.

• backers will be able to "early access" (alpha test) the sqlude
  • this will be considered the "preview" release version (mvp I guess)
  • this will also count as the first episode
  • in order to alpha test other episodes/content, backers will have to pay
  • SQ42 is "tied deeply" into SC techwise/network
  • currently no plans for completely offline play
  • ships, skins and other cash shop items cross over game modes
  • "original vision" (internally called OV or CV?) candidate sometime in 2019 with promised sq42 feature list

and in wtf news

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

and since this is all p dire have some more leaks from 100% confirmed sources

• 3.0 will release sometime in late Feb 2017
  • all 3 episodes of SQ42 will be out before citcon
  • 4.0 is coming along very well, I've played it several times and its amazing
  • planetary landings in cities will make you want to jizz over a custom built star citizen branded hotas
  • procgen tech is unlike anything anyone has ever seen ever by anyone
  • I hate chris roberts
  • I am derek smart
  • I collect paychecks from EA
  • I am so gay
  • I only play on consoles because I don't own a PC
  • I am jealous of everyone at CIG/RSI
  • I won't know what to do when chris roberts proves me and my ilk totally wong [sic]

Stan

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »
...and the "preview" release of SQ42 touted as MVP would allow CR to claim he has delivered on the backers pledges ?

Mehlan

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:33 AM »
 Lol they've got to be careful  recall what CR stated 'SQ42' consisted of @ GC & CC  '60 missions' etc.  :-)

Produce considerably less, false advertising.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
Well look at what they released as Star Marine; which is barely a skeleton of what they promised. So basically, like Arena Commander, it's probably not going to get any meaningful content or updates down the road.

Stan

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »
Lol they've got to be careful  recall what CR stated 'SQ42' consisted of @ GC & CC  '60 missions' etc.  :-)

Produce considerably less, false advertising.

58 missions of "Kill 20 Space Rats" will not take long to get in "game"

Lir

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »
They will cut into that too or as TheAgent leaked, they may even say what backers have now is StarCitzen AND S42 and it has been here all along . We don't want to annoy CR do we.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 07:52:49 AM »
After the uproar that followed Star Marine, causing them to bring it back, it is doubtful that they will pull that stung with SQ42. Worse case scenario, it will end up being another game mod within the PU, just like AC and SM.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »
TheAgent is back with more (outrageous) leaks:

• sq42 is totally folded into the PU (think gamemode like AC or SM)
  • sqlude "grossly mismanaged" and not due until 2018 or very late 2017
  • "A working 3.0 is years away."
  • features "are being cut like sliced bread" in order to hit this year
  • "Biggest failure? Communication."
  • more mocap for integral roles
  • "Current funding is completely insufficient. Backers need to reach deep if they want to see a beta release."

There's a certain sense of dread here. We get yelled at, told to continue even though we know it's wrong. We do everything we are told, like good little soldiers. Meanwhile the generals are drinking champagne and laughing as the bombs fall.

SpaceTroll

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »
"A working 3.0 is years away."

OMG, that is sad

:sandance:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk