Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 616742 times)

Moeis

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »
By the way, there is a screenshot that is going around in a chat that includes Derek, where one of the members stated they have a folder full of fake refunds.

The guy that made it admitted it was a joke on the forums already

ok, so not fake, taken out of context.

Was it these forums?

No it was the refunds subreddit

ah, ok.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »
In the end it does not matter. The Project is a shitstorm and we know it. The few deranged cultists who lurk around here may not but who cares. They can bark at the moon and I'll wear headphones. let's see what kind of trash they bring to the next convention and watch the last of the refunders try and squeeze under the wire before Roberts closes them.

StanTheMan

« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2017, 06:31:09 AM »
On a similar matter, I remember an obituary to a whale who died around 18 months ago.

IIRC he had spend some $55k

I hope his family have filed a refund on behalf of his estate.

I know he was in an org and that orgs members posted his obituary on the SC forum.

N0mad

« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2017, 06:59:02 AM »
https://chaosriftgames.com/reddit-user-lies-45000-star-citizen-refund/

This just popped up on my Twitter stream. They manage to find someone to blame for the mess, and you don't need to look far to see who they have in mind, the first words in the article are "Derek Smart".

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2017, 07:10:13 AM »
Chaos Mistress is the spokesperson and main author to The Chaos Rift Websites. Avid gamer and passionate about outdoors, adventures and living life.
Is this a real name?

Motto

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »
Don't you dear speak to me! You filthy Organized Smartie!

StanTheMan

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
Chaos Mistress is the spokesperson and main author to The Chaos Rift Websites. Avid gamer and passionate about outdoors, adventures and living life.
Is this a real name?

He isnt passionate about intelligence, being consistent, critical thinking or facts.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »
**ATTENTION**
I released this official statement on my Discord genpub channel moments ago.

Since last night we having been looking more closely at this. As a result, following our investigation, I have  come to the conclusion that the $45K refund is FAKE, and was part of a carefully orchestrated effort by this person to create drama. We don't know why yet - nor do we care.

So I have banned him (Mogmentum) from the server.

As I did with that Deloria scammer prick, I am currently writing an expose article because this was an irresponsible thing to do.

And while it's good for laughs, regardless of the fact that Goons had nothing to do with it, we simply cannot encourage this sort of thing.

CIG is screwing up all on their own, and we don't need crap like this to muddy the waters when in fact genuine backers are trying to get their money out of the project. The fact that CIG is actually issuing refunds, even though they can really legally say no (as per the ToS), is enough good faith to not cause these sort of distractions.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
Since last night we having been looking more closely at this. As a result, following our investigation, I have  come to the conclusion that the $45K refund is FAKE, and was part of a carefully orchestrated effort by this person to create drama.
The $330 refund by the same person isn't a fake though, since it was officially acknowledged by CIG… that’s still right, right?

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »
The $330 refund by the same person isn't a fake though, since it was officially acknowledged by CIG… that’s still right, right?
We will never know.

Motto

« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »
**ATTENTION**
I released this official statement on my Discord genpub channel moments ago.

If you are willing to be consistent, and give those guys something to be pissed about, you should tweet something like:

BREAKING: 45K Refund was faked. Full expose in my upcoming blog.

So, basically, handle it just like you would do with other CIG stuff. Man, they won't like that  :laugh:

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
If you are willing to be consistent, and give those guys something to be pissed about, you should tweet something like:

BREAKING: 45K Refund was faked. Full expose in my upcoming blog.

So, basically, handle it just like you would do with other CIG stuff. Man, they won't like that  :laugh:
This would cause a cult short circuit cascade like:

"He faked the refund, so he can expose it afterwards and come to CIG's defense, because... yadda yadda"  :allears:

Motto

« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »
Yeah, I would really like to see how that would fly with them  :f5:  :dance:

'Com on Derek, what'syawaitin'for?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »
Now, I just read that whole story but couldn't find the word BREAKING?  :shrug:

BTW, somewhere in a comment (on PC Invasion I think) somebody had the perfect argument: happy customers do not want a refund. That basically says it all  :five: :five: :five:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk