Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592336 times)

Backer42

• Refundian
Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2018, 04:58:52 PM »
When reading through the document links that  you posted I noticed 16 listed companies. Is this normal for a game to have this many registered companies or is this another red flag?
That's a sure red flag. You only need that much shell firms for money laundering, tax evasion and other shady stuff.

StanTheMan

« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »

He states the GLA is a slam dunk for CIG.

this is reason enough to know he is an arrogant fool.

He isnt a lawyer much less an american lawyer.. he has less experience of law than he has hair on his head.

Kyrt

« Reply #452 on: January 09, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
The "wrong company" defense is bullshit, and a non-starter. If you read the GLA, it actually names any/all subsidiaries of CIG as being party to the GLA.

I missed that. What section is it?

jwh1701

« Reply #453 on: January 09, 2018, 05:49:36 AM »
Hello Kyrt,

I missed that. What section is it?

Document 21 Filed 01/05/18 Page 1 of 4 Page ID #:234
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPjfXrjAf9RUq3_5cJgd-hF-I5XoCQta

jwh1701

« Reply #454 on: January 09, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
Thx for response backer42, before the gla I though there was only CIG / F42 and RSI was just Chris's made up mega in game monopoly not a real entity. Seeing all the companies to me seems very odd but I hate to make assumptions if I do not really know.

That's a sure red flag. You only need that much shell firms for money laundering, tax evasion and other shady stuff.

Kyrt

« Reply #455 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »
Hello Kyrt,

Document 21 Filed 01/05/18 Page 1 of 4 Page ID #:234
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPjfXrjAf9RUq3_5cJgd-hF-I5XoCQta

Thanks...but isn't that just a list of "interested" parties? I don't think Beazley will have much to do with the GLA.

jwh1701

« Reply #456 on: January 09, 2018, 10:56:38 AM »
Maybe Derek could chime in on that question. I enjoy reading the docs but I do have a hard time trying to determine how the language actually applies to both parties.

Thanks...but isn't that just a list of "interested" parties? I don't think Beazley will have much to do with the GLA.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #457 on: January 09, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »
@Derek
You got any document showing that RSI is actually an "affiliate" as defined in the GLA ? I mean seemingly SQ42 isn't seen as an affiliate, but a third party.
And i don't think any lawyer would try to use such a defense, if they're actually one entity.

I mean you could totally be right here. But i don't think either of these law firms is employing bumbling idiots.

StanTheMan

« Reply #458 on: January 09, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »
@Derek
You got any document showing that RSI is actually an "affiliate" as defined in the GLA ? I mean seemingly SQ42 isn't seen as an affiliate, but a third party.
And i don't think any lawyer would try to use such a defense, if they're actually one entity.

I mean you could totally be right here. But i don't think either of these law firms is employing bumbling idiots.

Except as the lawyers for the Defendants, they can get away with more bullshit - especially at this stage.

IMO, for the argument to fail, they also don't have to be one entity

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:09:18 PM by StanTheMan »

N0mad

« Reply #459 on: January 10, 2018, 07:43:50 AM »
New Eurogamer article: Star Citizen, I am disappointed

Really interesting comments so far - I don't think the cultists have noticed this article yet.

jwh1701

« Reply #460 on: January 10, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »
Thx for the link, interesting to see some media starting to question the CIG narrative.

New Eurogamer article: Star Citizen, I am disappointed

Really interesting comments so far - I don't think the cultists have noticed this article yet.

N0mad

« Reply #461 on: January 10, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »
Thx for the link, interesting to see some media starting to question the CIG narrative.

Good to see a journalist has actually tried playing it  :)

Flashwit

« Reply #462 on: January 10, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
Good to see a journalist has actually tried playing it  :)

Also nice to see someone (and at least Eurogamer is somewhat credible) point out that it's still just a tech demo (after 6 years).

But as a picture-postcard-maker - as a demonstration of technology...

And as has also been mentioned, it's quite a delight to see the cultists be called out on their regurgitated talking points in the comments and be downvoted into non-visibility. Cheers to Eurogamer.

Greggy_D

« Reply #463 on: January 10, 2018, 01:00:50 PM »

They should start asking where the $175 million went.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #464 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
Also nice to see someone (and at least Eurogamer is somewhat credible) point out that it's still just a tech demo (after 6 years).
These clickbait sites always side with the winners. They hype up complete bullshit for years, then suddenly they always knew it was a turd.

Thing that matters most is how many advertisement clicks it will generate, truth is completely irrelevant in this context.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk