Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 591850 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #840 on: November 12, 2018, 04:50:40 AM »
I don't know if I can post links, but in DaGaimez's latest YouTube video called "STAR CITIZEN - I WAS WRONG!", he informs us that CIG is going to have a "huge source of revenue" from the groundbreaking tech they've developed, which they can license to others. So listen up game developers! Get in on the ground floor and license that magic CIG tech!

You forgot to post the link to the video.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jham

« Reply #842 on: November 12, 2018, 07:16:39 AM »
You forgot to post the link to the video.
Thanks. Didn't know if my new account could post links. Here is the video to enjoy:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #843 on: November 13, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »
Thanks. Didn't know if my new account could post links. Here is the video to enjoy:

The sad and funny thing about this is that he actually does believe that CIG has tech that other devs would want to actually license. This despite the fact that there's NOTHING in Star Engine that you couldn't have in Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard or any other game engine.

StanTheMan

« Reply #844 on: November 13, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
Has anyone done a summary of all the missions currently in Star Citizen ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #845 on: November 16, 2018, 05:03:21 AM »
:emot-lol:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-free-week-next-friday/

"To celebrate seven years of farting around with a ton of money, Cloud Imperium Games is letting you play Star Citizen for free. Well, for a week, anyway. Starting November 23, you can download and play the game until November 30. The celebration coincides with the launch of Hurston, the game’s first planet, along with its city of Lorville.

Of course, Cloud Imperium doesn’t just want you to stand around your Hab making coffee. During the free week, every flyable ship in Star Citizen is yours to test for free in a 24-hour period with daily rotations. Each day showcases a different manufacturer, with its entire inventory available for a test run. There will be more than 80 ships to fly over the course of the week
."

StanTheMan

« Reply #846 on: November 16, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
:emot-lol:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-free-week-next-friday/

"To celebrate seven years of farting around with a ton of money, Cloud Imperium Games is letting you play Star Citizen for free. Well, for a week, anyway. Starting November 23, you can download and play the game until November 30. The celebration coincides with the launch of Hurston, the game’s first planet, along with its city of Lorville.

Of course, Cloud Imperium doesn’t just want you to stand around your Hab making coffee. During the free week, every flyable ship in Star Citizen is yours to test for free in a 24-hour period with daily rotations. Each day showcases a different manufacturer, with its entire inventory available for a test run. There will be more than 80 ships to fly over the course of the week
."

Another Shill piece.

David-2

« Reply #847 on: November 16, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
"Each day showcases a different manufacturer, with its entire inventory available for a test run."

You know, if you were new to Star Citizen you might actually think this line meant that the SC universe was open for 3rd party game designers/modelers/programmers to come and and provide models you could use in the universe.  And then each day some different 3rd party game studio would be showcased here so you could try their stuff.

Now that might very well be innovative. (*)

But it is not to be.

(*) I actually have no idea if any game already does this: let 3rd parties provide vehicles or characters or even gameplay or anything like that.  Please let me know!

DemonInvestor

« Reply #848 on: November 17, 2018, 03:11:22 AM »
(*) I actually have no idea if any game already does this: let 3rd parties provide vehicles or characters or even gameplay or anything like that.  Please let me know!

Haven't exactly looked at it, but i think Second Life offers something like that. Though i also don't know if that counts as a game - again i never tried it.

StanTheMan

« Reply #849 on: November 17, 2018, 05:32:26 AM »
Haven't exactly looked at it, but i think Second Life offers something like that. Though i also don't know if that counts as a game - again i never tried it.

People used to make, sell and use dildos in Second Life.

Not much chance of jpeg dildos in Star Citizen because they have more subtle ways of getting Backers to F^^k themselves.

jwh1701

« Reply #850 on: November 17, 2018, 08:22:47 AM »

Not much chance of jpeg dildos in Star Citizen because they have more subtle ways of getting Backers to F^^k themselves.

LOL, I have heard of second life but never even looked it over. Crazy to see people bringing every aspect of life into a game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #851 on: November 17, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-17-star-citizen-shoots-through-the-USD200m-raised-barrier

"The project began life in 2012 as a Kickstarter campaign that pitched an ambitious spiritual successor to Chris Roberts' much-loved Wing Commander series.

Then, Star Citizen was due out in 2014. But as the money rolled in the scope of the project grew and this release window was pushed back. It's currently at the alpha stage of development, with the recently-released 3.3.0 patch currently keeping players occupied.

Eight years and $200m later, Star Citizen still doesn't have a final release date. Its current roadmap outlines plans to add various features to the game up to and including the 3.6.0 update, scheduled for some point during the second quarter of 2019.
"

DemonInvestor

« Reply #852 on: November 18, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »

Well... the Nexus Mod also features tons of such mods. So no surprise there, though when i last read an article about second life, i think it mentionend the possiblity of desinging vehicles and such....

Hehe, not only subtler ways. But ways a lot more benifitting CIG than external content creators ;)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #854 on: November 20, 2018, 03:46:41 PM »
The shills in the thread are having a collective meltdown because I showed up and pissed on their parade :)

https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/19/star-citizens-chris-roberts-no-one-is-attempting-to-do-what-we-are-doing/#comment-606876

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk