Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592429 times)

mixalot

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2017, 10:33:29 AM »
For anyone who still wonders where all CIG's money went...this is where. To their massive PR campaign that purchases front page website articles promoting their game, and also to their YouTube fluff that is currently in the form of ATVs.

That stuff isn't cheap and CIG's been doing it for a LONG time which means millions have been spent trying to advertise the game in order to cover up a lack of development progress. Right now (more than ever) they needed something to take the attention off the ongoing delays of 3.0, so they paid the German website to publish their article while hoping for all the followup off-tangent responses.

It's cold, calculated, traditional PR propaganda that's on display right now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
Yeah, that's all it is now. Propaganda.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
Here we go again. It's like 2015 all over again

"First man on the moon: hands-on with Star Citizen Alpha 3.0"

Of course, once again, information like this is behind a media paywall instead of being shown to backers who gave them $155M to date.

At least they confirmed "seamless transition from space to planet". Now we wait to see if that's what they deliver or not.

pcgamer video:

00:40 15 FPS
01:18 24 FPS
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:18:01 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
At least they confirmed "seamless transition from space to planet".

If they do that in the company style, it'll be a crash and burn. :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »

Ghostmaker

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »
LOL! Everyone's taking the piss now. Star Citizen is getting a player-driven economy thanks to kiosk
Oh look, my eyeballs have rolled so far back I can inspect the current state of my brains.

Jesus Christ. Player econ is not some kind of new thing.

concern

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
OMG it's a fucking kiosk! Never been done before in video game history. Ground breaking.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
Man, you guys are tough. Didn't you notice the fidelitious kiosk model?  :bahgawd:

Motto

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
Yes, I did. That's why I started refactoring my wallet the minute I saw them!

Flashwit

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »
Personally, I have never seen such a thing as a store in a video game before. I can't even imagine the ramifications.

Motto

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
I'm guessing this will enable them to make the best game EVER! Now if somebody would give them some money so they can finish it...

Of course, I don't know anything about game development, so I might be wrong.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »
LOL!! You guys are gonna love this one

http://nosygamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/empty-space.html

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
CIG comment on further Star Citizen 3.0 update slippages

We have to assume they will rustle something up for Gamescom just to keep fans happy. While these special event demonstrations are always impressive, there’s little change to the actual game and they simply fuel the hype machine.

Flashwit

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
CIG would then use Gamescom again to showcase the 3.0 update and possible future features, and if fans are lucky, some Squadron 42.

Chances of anything significant about Squadron 42 at Gamescom must be near nil at this point. Good luck to them on that though.

N0mad

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »
Chances of anything significant about Squadron 42 at Gamescom must be near nil at this point. Good luck to them on that though.

Well, I was thinking about this. If they Demo 3.0 at Gamescom then any pre-scripted amazingness they show to wow the fans will be met with the obvious question: "If it's playable at Gamescom then why can't you release it for us to play now?".

Clearly CIG won't want to discuss the delays for 3.0 all through the conference. Far more likely is that they have some amazing demo of Squadron 42 - even if it's all scripted and just artwork (remember they keep teasing images of Mark Hamill - so they must be working on something). That way they can distract the fans from 3.0 enough to make some more cash from ship sales and when the fans ask for a release date then CR can just say 2018 to keep them happy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:24:28 AM by N0mad »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk