Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592186 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
And after that title, this as extra text "So, what are they going to be showing? I honestly have no idea, the only tease they’ve given is that they’ll be “showcasing some of what we’ve been working on this year, and delivering some never-seen-before gameplay.” "

I have no idea what they'll be showing, but I'm here to tell you that is some never-seen-before gameplay.

One can only hope it will be the most painful display ever. That'll be the "never-seen-before gameplay"  :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
This shit-show is amazing. I'm going to be so disappointed when it ends  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »
Maybe so. But, on the other hand, I can't wait to see the events happening that'll prove you right. I'm really looking forward to all those idiots on /r/dereksmart having to react to that fact.

And maybe it's just time this trainwreck derails. Enough already with the robbing of the backers. The thing is, all that money went to paying for staff and buildings et cetera, so it's not coming back. People will lose money with this biggest crowdfunding fiasco ever. Some will lose big. I wouldn't know how to deal with a loss of say 20 or 30k. The gaming experience with SC over the last years can't measure up to that kind of money I'd recon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:01:15 PM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
I wouldn't know how to deal with a loss of say 20 or 30k.

Well for starters, dont get married and dont have children. 

Motto

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
I wish my wife and kids had cost only 30k  :saddowns:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2017, 04:47:15 AM »
I wish my wife and kids had cost only 30k  :saddowns:

same  :smugjones:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »

Motto

« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »
Not only SC, but even Eurogamer itself is getting hammered in the comments. It would seem that Chris has lost a lot of love from the fanboys recently...

PC Invasion on the other hand  :golfclap:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »
Sorry if I offend anyone here but unless you are well off and literally have money to burn a person who spends 20-30K on this project should just chop off his balls. It would guarantee that he would not pollute the gene pool and make himself eligible to women.

I was shocked when  I realized I had spent $500 on that piece of shit. I have to believe that because of the amount they spent they MUST believe in the project, anything but full orthodoxy to the cult of Roberts would be kicking themselves in the ass hard. Sunken Cost. Seriously for 30K you could buy a used airplane and take flying lessons for real. Why would anyone with that kind of cash to burn waste it on some video game. It's mind boggling.

Could you imagine being a whale, having spent 30K on a video game, Roberts is in front of a Grand Jury, up for a possible indictment, You have to stand in front of a bunch of people and cop to the fact that you did this and Roberts took advantage of your gullible nature. It would be like admitting to masturbating in front of a bus of Nuns.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »
Giant Bomb podcast. FF to around the 28 min mark for the Star Citizen discussion. It's hilarious.

Flashwit

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2017, 09:03:43 AM »
Sorry if I offend anyone here but unless you are well off and literally have money to burn a person who spends 20-30K on this project should just chop off his balls. It would guarantee that he would not pollute the gene pool and make himself eligible to women.

I was shocked when  I realized I had spent $500 on that piece of shit. I have to believe that because of the amount they spent they MUST believe in the project, anything but full orthodoxy to the cult of Roberts would be kicking themselves in the ass hard. Sunken Cost. Seriously for 30K you could buy a used airplane and take flying lessons for real. Why would anyone with that kind of cash to burn waste it on some video game. It's mind boggling.

Could you imagine being a whale, having spent 30K on a video game, Roberts is in front of a Grand Jury, up for a possible indictment, You have to stand in front of a bunch of people and cop to the fact that you did this and Roberts took advantage of your gullible nature. It would be like admitting to masturbating in front of a bus of Nuns.

I'm impressed you spent $500. But as you say, this whole mindset is foreign to me. I'm Backer #20XX (I'm really not going to log in to check) for the price of $35. I think that was the second day of the campaign which feels like ancient history at this point. Never spent another dime on it since then because it seemed bizarre to me to pay for ships that didn't even exist for a game that you couldn't even play.

But here we are with, as you say, people tens of thousands in the hole. Mind boggling.

Motto

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »
PC Gamers write-up Star Citizen: expressive faces, space fashion, and boldly going beyond 3.0

Quote: Nevertheless Star Citizen looks fantastic, and the fact that all this will be possible, all going to plan, within the same server blows my mind. It's made what feels like leaps and bounds since its Gamescom showing last year, and while keen to avoid tying himself to a specific date, Roberts reckons his September 4-8 estimate for the arrival of alpha 3.0 is about right.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:56:02 PM by Motto »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
I did get a full refund though. I have heard that people who are active critics of the game are denied refunds. It does not sound legal but until someone is willing to sue that';s how it is. I had to keep my mouth shut, get the refund, now I can openly hate the project.

Tonight's Gamescon CIG video feed to YouTube was pretty bad. If they were scripting assets to make it appear to be gameplay they should have made it look really good, fun gameplay or a well done movie, and it was not any of these things. Very amateurish, worse than  last years "Demo"

StanTheMan

« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »

I'm impressed you spent $500. But as you say, this whole mindset is foreign to me. I'm Backer #20XX (I'm really not going to log in to check) for the price of $35. I think that was the second day of the campaign which feels like ancient history at this point. Never spent another dime on it since then because it seemed bizarre to me to pay for ships that didn't even exist for a game that you couldn't even play.

But here we are with, as you say, people tens of thousands in the hole. Mind boggling.

Because buying ships (jpegs) is a kind of progression.  it is an MMO you play in your mind and it doesnt cost you too many hours from the rest of your life like a real MMO.

You can buy jpegs and feel superior to people who dont have those JPEGS and pretend you are at the forefront of PC game development.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk