Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592809 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
And of course, our dear old friend Joe Blobers is there as well. Man, that guy is going to shoot his brains out when CIG collapses.

ecg

« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
And of course, our dear old friend Joe Blobers is there as well. Man, that guy is going to shoot his brains out when CIG collapses.

wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that blobers is on the CIG payroll in some "unofficial" capacity.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2017, 03:17:16 PM »

wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that blobers is on the CIG payroll in some "unofficial" capacity.

There is speculation that he's a paid shill. So, yeah.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Moeis

« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
Star Citizen - The $45K Refund Debacle

lol, Kastenbrust exposed himself as a liar here, something I think I was the only one to notice, even before he got caught on this $45k fake refund.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:17:29 PM by Moeis »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2017, 05:26:59 PM »

lol, Kastenbrust exposed himself as a liar here, something I think I was the only one to notice, even before he got caught on this $45k fake refund.

Is that so? Please explain.

Moeis

« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »

It was this post

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

Pay particular attention to "Similar historical time of day posting pattern"  and then look at the time of day posting pattern between myself and Serendipty.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2017, 05:53:38 PM »

It was this post

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

Pay particular attention to "Similar historical time of day posting pattern"  and then look at the time of day posting pattern between myself and Serendipty.

Right. But he was smart and talented enough to pull off an elaborate hoax that fooled a lot of people - including media. So that means he does in fact have some talent.

What's unclear is what the motivation was for using those talents to pull off a hoax of this magnitude.

e.g. hackers are some very talented people; getting caught doesn't make them any less talented.

Moeis

« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2017, 06:00:50 PM »

It was this post

Right. But he was smart and talented enough to pull off an elaborate hoax that fooled a lot of people - including media. So that means he does in fact have some talent.

What's unclear is what the motivation was for using those talents to pull off a hoax of this magnitude.

e.g. hackers are some very talented people; getting caught doesn't make them any less talented.

Well, he also made boneheaded mistakes.  I don't know if smart would be a good term to use, he has the skills to doctor up screenshots, though one of his screenshots was the first clue it was fake, and a video.  he left way to many crumbs that only made his hoax last all of a day. Did it even last 24 hours?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »
Well, he also made boneheaded mistakes.  I don't know if smart would be a good term to use, he has the skills to doctor up screenshots, though one of his screenshots was the first clue it was fake, and a video.  he left way to many crumbs that only made his hoax last all of a day. Did it even last 24 hours?

Of course it lasted more than 24hrs. Until I posted my article, nobody had ANY proof either way whether or not it was fake or not. They ONLY had a statement from CIG saying it was fabricated.

And if you actually looked at the shots and video, there were NO mistakes in them. None. So if you have any proof of this, and there's something that some of us missed, please post it.

Greggy_D

« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:07 PM »

He claims he only has $45 into SC.  No fucking way based on his endless diatribes on every single SC article.  No one would take White Knighting to an entirely different level over $45.

Either he has tens of thousands into the project or he is a paid CIG shill.

Moeis

« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »

Of course it lasted more than 24hrs. Until I posted my article, nobody had ANY proof either way whether or not it was fake or not. They ONLY had a statement from CIG saying it was fabricated.

And if you actually looked at the shots and video, there were NO mistakes in them. None. So if you have any proof of this, and there's something that some of us missed, please post it.

alright, I got to go searching through a forum I visited where someone posted a rededit link to  a screenshot the bottom of the account page that showed how much he had spent vs what it actually looks like.  The hoaxers screenshot was missing the background grid lines and also missing the logos, but still had other graphics on the page, and then when you look at his messages back and forth between CS, you see he has those grid lines in the background that should have also been present on his account page screenshot.

EDIT:

NVM, under further investigation I have determined I was wrong about the screenshot comparison.  When you disable images through your web browser, his image is correct for what it should look like.  So clearly he disabled the images so it would be easier for him to edit the amount since he would not have to worry about the background images of the grid lines, only the black canvas.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:38:31 PM by Moeis »

Orgetorix

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:41:50 PM by Orgetorix »

Resin

« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk