Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592296 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #615 on: March 26, 2018, 01:10:54 PM »
That's a very long introduction to part 3 where they will confirm that "Derek Smart was right".

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #616 on: March 26, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »
That's a very long introduction to part 3 where they will confirm that "Derek Smart was right".

:emote-lol:

He did admit it in PT2 though; but he didn't go all the way in. :)
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
I loved the bit where your name first got mentioned - you should have that as your ring tone.

:emot-lol: yeah, I was laughing at that part.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #618 on: April 01, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »
Star Citizen - No End in Sight (Part 3)

jwh1701

« Reply #619 on: April 01, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
Impressive flight and physics in 3.1   :stonk:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »
This is what happens when you lose the narrative, and gamers on the sidelines who have been following your $180m train wreck, respond. Newsweek must have had a slow news day.

krylite

« Reply #621 on: April 05, 2018, 02:21:26 PM »
Star Citizen - No End in Sight (Part 3)

Darn it, if that video is true about StarCitizen going to be released at the end of this year, then its another long wait for the collapse. When they release their broken mvp which won't last longer than ME:A and scamper away from the international clawbacks. Then maybe, finally in late 2019, the episode of "American Greed" showcasing this biggest backer ponzi ever will air on CNBC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #622 on: April 05, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »
Darn it, if that video is true about StarCitizen going to be released at the end of this year, then its another long wait for the collapse. When they release their broken mvp which won't last longer than ME:A and scamper away from the international clawbacks. Then maybe, finally in late 2019, the episode of "American Greed" showcasing this biggest backer ponzi ever will air on CNBC.

What does your heart tell you? And does 3.1 give you any indication that this game is ever getting completed, let alone end of this year?

krylite

« Reply #623 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:21 PM »
What does your heart tell you? And does 3.1 give you any indication that this game is ever getting completed, let alone end of this year?

I feel like the game will never be completed with all the promises and feature creep they made, but I don't know when the collapse of CIG is coming which I wished would be sooner. I'm ok with them releasing something they call "finished game" by the end of the year whatever garbage state is is, so the fallout and clawbacks can start. Of course I'd rather see a big wrecking implosion with fireworks with the incrimination of CR and crew as publicly revealed ponzi masterminds, rather than a quiet getaway in the night.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:56:06 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #624 on: April 09, 2018, 05:26:01 AM »
I feel like the game will never be completed with all the promises and feature creep they made, but I don't know when the collapse of CIG is coming which I wished would be sooner. I'm ok with them releasing something they call "finished game" by the end of the year whatever garbage state is is, so the fallout and clawbacks can start. Of course I'd rather see a big wrecking implosion with fireworks with the incrimination of CR and crew as publicly revealed ponzi masterminds, rather than a quiet getaway in the night.

It will never be "finished". That's why Chris, who has raised all this money to deliver two finished games, started using the Early Access moniker last year. Whatever they have when they scale down and/or collapse, is what backers will be left with. For as long as CIG is around to keep paying the AWS cloud server bills.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #625 on: May 01, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Seems you can't talk about scams these days, without Star Citizen popping up.

Streamers are flogging crypto Ponzi schemes, and it seems that Twitch is powerless to stop them...

Star Chip

« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »
Built a pc for this game in 2014. Looks like ill need to build 2 more by the time this game launches

krylite

« Reply #627 on: May 08, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »
Seems you can't talk about scams these days, without Star Citizen popping up.

Streamers are flogging crypto Ponzi schemes, and it seems that Twitch is powerless to stop them...

The article point of crypto ponzis reminds me of "Sunk Cost Galaxy" guy's latest video recounting the history of the 19th & early 20th century oil ponzis and con schemes on that ol' world newspaper print. What's even worse about SC & CIG is that the whales will be getting only sunk costs for their "investments". CIG should be owing the backers shares by now (or better yet all refunds) instead of planning to issue and sell them. But then again, cig-arrets having burnt through most of the 180 million already leaves not much to "share".
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:42:24 PM by krylite »

nightfire

« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »
Top 15 NEW Sci-Fi Games of 2018

Somehow there's one game they didn't care to mention…   :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2018, 04:26:04 AM »
Somehow there's one game they didn't care to mention…   :grin:

Well it's not new. Plus nobody is going to promote a scam anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk